Your favorite weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to list them in the order given from the game.

Normal Ring: I don't use this at all. Once I get a hold of all the other weapons, I completely forget about this one's existence. 1/7

Automatic Ring: I use this on short notice, once I realize I wasted my other weapons. It's sometimes good to protect the flag carrier. 3/7

Bounce Ring: It's good on rare occasions, But worthless most of the time. 2/7

Grenade Ring: It's ok for stopping people in their tracks, yet at the same time, easy to avoid. 4/7

Scatter Ring: A very good alternative to the Bomb ring in short range attacks, and good for passageways in long range attacks. 5/7

Explosion Ring: Best ring for covering ground, and helpful in most situations dealing with space. 6/7

Rail Ring: An awesome ring in my opinion, nearly impossible to avoid, I use it every opportunity I have. 7/7

Last edited:
Rail ring, period.

There's no downside at any range provided you have a decent ping and decent aim.

Normal Ring : 6/10 : I acctually use this one quite a bit. It has not bells or whistles, but it gets the job done.
Auto Ring : 7/10 : I like this weapon quite a bit, and was my favorite in 1.09. Turning left and right while firing can make it very hard to dodge.
Bounce Ring : 5/10 : Only really useful in hallways, though I have fired at a wall jumped over the ring, and let it hit people that were chasing me.
Scatter Ring : 9/10 : My favorite weapon ring. It's useful at almost any range, And the high knockback is useful for taking items and/or knocking them into a pit.
Bomb Ring : 8/10 : Useful, though unlike scatter you only get the good range if it hits something.
Rail Ring : 4/10 : I almost never use this weapon, as I don't use mouse or first-person. Though, I can see why some people like it.
Grenade Ring : 9/10 : Powerful, though I like Scatter better.

And, shields.
Air Shield : 3/10 : Not very useful, but Sonic can get to some items easier.
Force Shield : 7/10 : Reflecting shots and being able to take 2 hits is awesome in match. If I'm looking for emeralds, I will hang onto this one.
Elemental Shield : 10/10 : Two words, FIRE TRAILS. IMO, the best weapon, as You can really get an edge in a heated battle with alot of placers by just spinning around randomly. They are also super effective against Super forms, as each set of flames will take 10 rings away. Elemental protection is also awesome.
Magnet Shield : 7/10 : Ability to take all your enemies rings is usefull, and is amazing if your Super.
Armageddon Shield : 8/10 : Useful, but only if there's no big fights going on.

Red Ring: I like this weapon, because it's basic. It isn't really powerful, although Knuckles users can get a good shooting out of this one. The basic weapon you'll always have. Love it.
Auto Ring: I really like this one, although it drains my rings EXTREMELY fast, it earns me a lot of hits. With a map with a lot of rings, this weapon is deadly. It's annoying on levels where there are hardly any rings, though.
Bounce Ring: I kind of hate this weapon. It often bounces off everything, making you have to flee the area if you wish to not be hit, in my case. When this weapon is used and I don't flee, I'll get hit almost 100% of the time.
Rail Ring: My FAVOURITE! I have really good aim when it comes to the rail ring, so I can easily take people out. On my server, I've sort of become renowned for sniping people. :3 This ring is super effective in open stages, like Sapphire Falls.
Bomb Ring: This ring is pretty cool. I enjoy using this if I can't get a hit with rail. While the noise alerts the user they're being attacked if you miss, it's pretty awesome if you hit on the first shot. If I hear the pop of a bomb, I instantly thok away. :3
Scattering: Another awesome ring. Annoying when against you, but awesome when you use it. I don't really get many hits with this, which is why I hardly use it, although it's pretty awesome at close range. The opposite of rail, in my opinion.
Grenade Ring: KILL IT NOW. I hate this thing! Constantly spammed. I think the fire rate should be slowed down, to be honest. Prevent spamming of the weapon. People always get cheap shots from spamming it, and I'm personally fed up. (Yes, I'm staring at you, Fooruman.)

Automatic Ring: Very Risky for me, when I do occasionally use it, I spend more time watching the ring status. But in CTF areas like Cloud Palace And Twisted Terminal, where rings are found in small, compact areas, I can just....bug out autos.
Normal Ring: I don't recall ever using a normal ring recently. As Im mostly seen as sonic (apart from nimbus ruins), It's easy to swiftly pick up a special weapon.
Bounce Ring:I use this when recovering from a hit, as for some reason its the closest object to reach usually.
Scatter Ring:Does wonders for irritating flying players especially quick super tails. Also pretty lulzy to see em plummet 8D
Grenade Ring:Don't use them much but they're practically unavoidable when chasing a flag carrier.
Explosion Ring:My main favourite, it's saved me from many quick players who love to strafe then knock you out with a scatter.
Rail Ring:Very Lulzy on people who directly try to thok into you from close range (trying to steal your rings) But Very risky to use; If you miss a player from close range, then you're vunerable for at least 2 seconds. And railing Is also hard to undergo if you're against sonic or if you're moving/dodging.

Last edited:
Bomb and Scatter

Bomb is fun to use on huge maps, or maps with death pits, as you get to watch your victim go sailing over half the map and land in a death pit.

Scatter is nice for sneak attacks because of the knockback at point-blank, and because it's handy for countering super players in big areas.

In order from awesome to not-so awesome.

Bounce Ring: I love spamming this ring everywhere because I often get lucky.
Normal Ring: Has no weaknesses. If you have good aim, this is a very useful ring!
Grenade: I just think it's fun to ambush people with this ring. I LOVE ambushing!
Scatter: I can hit people a bit more easier with this, so it's good. But I don't use it much.
Automatic: I dislike this ring since you need TONS of both rings and ammo just to use it a few times.
Explosion: I hate this ring. All it does is make you shoot slower, and it has a bit larger hitting range. I think it's WAY too overused and is EXTRMELY annoying.
Rail: By far the WORST weapon in the game. I can hardly EVER hit ANYONE with it, and you shoot very, VERY slowly. So I hate it. Especially since other people keep hitting me with it. In my match level pack, I'll be sure to hide all of these rings. Well.

Automatic Ring: Very Risky for me, when I do occasionally use it, I spend more time watching the ring status. But in CTF areas like Cloud Palace And Twisted Terminal, where rings are found in small, compact areas, I can just....bug out autos.
Normal Ring: I don't recall ever using a normal ring recently. As Im mostly seen as sonic (apart from nimbus ruins), It's easy to swiftly pick up a special weapon.
Bounce Ring:I use this when recovering from a hit, as for some reason its the closest object to reach usually.
Scatter Ring:Does wonders for irritating flying players especially quick super tails. Also pretty lulzy to see em plummet 8D
Grenade Ring:Don't use them much but they're practically unavoidable when chasing a flag carrier.
Explosion Ring:My main favourite, it's saved me from many quick players who love to strafe then knock you out with a scatter.
Rail Ring:Very Lulzy on people who directly try to thok into you from close range (trying to steal your rings) But Very risky to use; If you miss a player from close range, then you're vunerable for at least 2 seconds. And railing Is also hard to undergo if you're against sonic or if you're moving/dodging.

You do have a point, yet you are also wrong at that point. Grenades are easy to dodge BUT getting hit by people that constantly spam with them is also annoying and I can understand why you are fed up. Grenades are considered uber and I indeed have to agree that their firing-rate (thing) should be lowered. I'm learning how to use these but they seem kind of useless to me so don't get angry if Fooruman constantly spams. Just kick his butt with some RAIL from far range like I do because that will give him some disadvantage since grenades can only be used effectively while you are near them.

Last edited:
Normal Ring: Like a few said, its a plain ol' weapon.

Scatter Ring: Everytime I get this weapon, I abuse it and get a jackpot of points. Ideal to use if in a hallway or thokkers and gliders are straight ahead and there's a opening.

Bounce Ring: I usually use this in hallways and rooms. I love the way it bounces off of opponents and hunts for nearby victims. Also, it can be used for traps in hallways or small areas.

Explosion Ring: When I could only play third-person, I'd us this weapon on people who would be close to walls. If lucky, my auto-aim would directly hit someone nearby if my aim was off some. But now since I'm using my Xbox 360 controller for SRB2, I'm able to jump over, dodge, and shoot the floor close to the enemy or directly on the body. Mah fav now.

Rail Ring: My accuracy with this weapon improved just slightly. If only you could zoom in while standing in a safe sniping spot-- Ding! A new suggestion to add to the ''Suggestions'' thread!

Grenade Ring: I use this sometimes as a air trap (hold fire and release) if there are people flyin' all over the place, ground trap too. Really I use all these weapons besides the rail nearly equally.

Automatic Ring: Really, I don't like this weapon at all due to quick depletion in rings. I'd only use this only if I'm getting chased by 1 or more players in CTF or Team Match.

Elemental Shield: Mah fav shield in CTF/Match. I always spam its ability while shooting. Ahh. Spin, thok, spin, thok and so on. Burn baby burn!

Force Shield: I also love this shield. I'm sure everyone hates losing all of his/her rings, weapons, and Chaos Emeralds if you put in such a effort of course.

Like Spherllic said, I have the same feelings for the rest.

Last edited:
My favorite weapons are....all of them. I really don't dislike any of them. Each weapon is useful in a different way. The rail is used for long shots, bombs used more for close shots, automatic used when you have lots of people around you, bounce used best in places with walls that are very close, scatter also used for close shots, granade best used when you have someone following you or when trying to protect your base in CTF, and I think the normal ring is very useful too especially when you have a lot of them. Just shoot those around and you are certain to hit someone. Oh and you'll find it difficult to attack me with any weapon other than the rail.

I've fooled around by myself in match and capture the flag (and I want to play some match or CTF when I get home tomorrow. Anyone want to play?) but I have had a few favorites to mess around with.

Red Ring:
Pretty much a standard firing weapon. not much to say about it. Comes in handy when you are out of other options.

Scatter Ring:
Helps when you are trying to hit your target and it covers a wide range. I find myself using this in the future.

Bounce Ring:
Boing. Boing. Boing. It's like a bouncy ball. =P Found it useful in closed spaces where I can spam them non-stop.

Bomb Ring:
BOOM!! I was able to play with a friend one day and I always got behind him without him knowing and nail him with a bomb ring. I love watching him fly off. =P Sadly, I don't like the fact that you can only fire one at a time until it explodes.

Rail Ring:
SNIPER ON THE HILL, DO DO DO DOO! But I do enjoy this little ring because I can somewhat aim decently with it. But what I really want to do is use this in an actual match to see how I fair with others.

Automatic Ring:
Not a really big fan of this one... Yeah, it fires continuously, but it drains your rings too quickly. I guess it's just me abusing its power. xD

Grenade Ring:
I don't use this one, but will toss one down every now and then. Gotta make sure those ghosts don't get me. xD Other than that, it's good to toss in a small corridor where people run through.

Last edited:
Red Ring: It's okay, I guess. but I would rather be armed with something else mostly.
Auto: Its not much more effective then the red ring to me.
Bounce: I guess its okay in maps that have hallways.
Rail: Useless imo... it never hits its target ... but my aim is sucky so maybe thats why.
Explosion: Very Good, the splash damage helps.
Scatter: Useful.... but it seems to miss a lot despite its scatter
Grenade: Okay I guess, tricky to use, like the bounce ring

Standard: There is not much I can say on this one
Auto: Its best use is spray in front of a moving player in my opinion. 7/10
Bounce: I think its best used in hallways or cramped spaces. 5/10
Rail: It is great for sniping from high places on people trying collect rings or emeralds. 9/10
Explosion: This is a great ring when it starts getting crowded in a small area or trying to get a group of people. 8/10
Scatter: A ring that is good at shooting really evasive opponents who are hard to hit. 7/10
Grenade: I think this ring is decent for people chasing you, but I personally think they should change it to a "mine" ring that explodes on contact and is harder to see and has less range. 6/10

Standard: I prefer weapon rings. Useful if you are in a battle with few other people.
My ranking: 6/10

Auto: I don't use this one at all. Only when I'm being stalked by a super. That's when it's really only useful. Just a ring drainer anywhere else.
My ranking: 4/10

Bounce: I don't use this one much anymore, after I discovered the joy of rails and bombs; good when in a small corridor or in a room with many other people, just a normal ring in any other type of environment, such as meadow match zone.
My ranking: 6/10

Scatter: Aw yes. This is a very fun ring. just slamming into someone full force, then watching them fly off is great. Autoaim makes the middle ring go straight, no matter what. Good for skinny corridors or close range attacks.
My ranking: 8/10

Grenade: This ring is alright, not my first weapon of choice. Good if you are being chased by someone or are on higher ground.
My ranking: 7/10

Bomb: One of my two favorite rings, although this ring seems to have a few setbacks: autoaim makes it fire straight no matter what, and it really destroys the whole aim, as it can send anyone in a radius flying. Good if you aren't a good aimer.

Rail: Well well, here we are. The sniper gun of SRB2. This one is great, but really only good if you are at a distance, have precise aim, and don't have somebody chasing you, as the time between each shot can be fatal. Great for sniping unsuspecting players. My choice for teaching camping noobs a lesson.

Bomb Ring - Blast you away, get a load of this!
Red Ring - Hit n' Run D:
Rail - 59% of missing ._.
Scatter - Don't catch me in a small corner or i'll spam these.
Bounce - EAT THIS AND THAT FFFFFU *misses each ring*
Gernade - Spam it and run
Armageddon - I'm sure a Cheapskate
Force - 2nd Favorite reflecting sheild, good for match and CTF survival
Elemental - Fire trail, underwater, and the only way you're gonna take this sheild away is from rail or sneaking behind me while I go underwater in Silver Cascade <_<
Jump shield - More running and helps me get the Emeralds.
Recycle-r - Trading off my good weapons for power stones. \0/
Speed shoes - Good when you have the flag being chased by millions of thokfesting Sonic's.

Whenever I have the Bounce ring, I use it, I think it´s utterly pointless to use the Red Ring in case you have the Bounce, as both are about the same.

As I´ve always been interested in Weapon´s effective range, I´ll rate them according to the distance: Close Distance: Close... Very Close..., Middle Distance: The distance from the Tree exit in Lime Forest to the Spring that leads to the flag. Long Range: The distance from the from the Tree exit in Lime Forest ´till the Item Box in the middle of the stage and farther.

Red Ring (Handgun): Partially good from close to middle range combat.
Close: 3.5/5
Middle: 3/5
Long: 2/5

Auto Ring (SMG/Carabine/Assault Rifle): By far, better than the Red Ring at all distances due to it´s increased fire rate, allowing you to create a ¨Wave¨ of Rings.
Close: 4.5/5
Middle: 4.5/5
Long: 3/5

Scatter (Shotgun): This weapon is meant to be used in Middle ranged combat since rings don´t expand enough at Close range, and at Long range, become rather easier to dodge. High knocking power.
Close: 4/5
Middle: 5/5
Long: 3.5/5

Bounce Ring (Ricochet Bullet): The exact same properties as the Red Ring, with the little detail that it bounces in walls, ceilings and floors. Allowing the long-ranged shot to be easier.
Middle: 4/5

Bomb Ring (Propelled Grenade): The Bomb Ring has devastating knocking power, and a wider damage radio than the previous weapons, however, it fires slowly.

Close: 5/5
Middle: 4/5

Grenade Ring (Motion-Detection Mine): This Ring works differently than others, has the same properties as the Bomb Ring, however. Should be used to prevent a chase from becoming too long. Hehe.

Long: 1/5

Rail Ring (Sniper Rifle/Battle Rifle): Same kocking power as a Close-ranged Scatter Ring. When used correctly, it can be considered the game´s best weapon for Middle and Long ranged combat.

Close: 1/5
Long: 5/5

Last edited:
It depends greatly on what map you're in. That's the great thing about the official Match rotation: it's so diverse.For example, in Sapphire Falls, Automatic is one of the strongest weapons. In Desolate Twilight, it's almost useless. Similarly, Rail is very powerful in Jade Valley, for example, and much weaker in Infernal Cavern. Same goes for the shields, to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back