OpenGL sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fog is off by default, and Brightness is somewhat distorted in color(and has nothing to do with this issue).
To compare older OpenGL from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6:

2.0.5:
2eogm89.png

2.0.6:
srb20016.png

Hmm, looks a lot like what Legacy GL looks like. I wonder if the light table is still being used or not.

Images ahoy!

The (edit: second) one is intentional. If an object is see-through, then naturally it would cast a colored shadow like that. The other shots might have something to do with sprite lighting, but I'm not sure. You might be confusing two different things as being the same.

Last edited:
Fog is off by default, and Brightness is somewhat distorted in color(and has nothing to do with this issue).
To compare older OpenGL from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6:

2.0.5:
2eogm89.png

2.0.6:
srb20016.png

Don't blame it on the 2.0.6, blame it on the #define SHUFFLE which also results in #define HARDWAREFIX which results in JTE's 'new' hardware colormapping and such being activated.

The first one is intentional. If an object is see-through, then naturally it would cast a colored shadow like that. The other shots might have something to do with sprite lighting, but I'm not sure. You might be confusing two different things as being the same.
I'm not talking about the colored/tinted shadows, I was pointing out that enabling Shadows in 2.0.6 causes a majority of the sprites to turn pitch black if they have a shadow, and that some "solid" sprites (Like the Player Character, not the shields.) have a full-color shadow. If a sprite's shadow is no longer displayed with shadows turned on (Such as if the shadow goes completely through a wall, and is no longer rendered), the Sprite returns to normal and is no longer pitch black.

I am Shuffle, and I approve of this thread! Great to see people are still working on OpenGL.

Oh yeah, sprites that ignore lowered brightness(Emeralds, Emerald Tokens, ect) no longer remain bright. I'm pretty sure this wasn't an issue in previous 2.0.x r_opengl.dlls

Oh yeah, sprites that ignore lowered brightness(Emeralds, Emerald Tokens, ect) no longer remain bright. I'm pretty sure this wasn't an issue in previous 2.0.x r_opengl.dlls

r_opengl.dll have nothing to do with it, r_opengl.dll is just a HWAPI for SRB2 to the OpenGL system (there are other HWAPI interfaces for Glide, MiniGL and Direct3D)

what had been changed is the SRB2's hardware code (src/hardware/ folder)

I'm not talking about the colored/tinted shadows, I was pointing out that enabling Shadows in 2.0.6 causes a majority of the sprites to turn pitch black if they have a shadow, and that some "solid" sprites (Like the Player Character, not the shields.) have a full-color shadow. If a sprite's shadow is no longer displayed with shadows turned on (Such as if the shadow goes completely through a wall, and is no longer rendered), the Sprite returns to normal and is no longer pitch black.

Looks like the color assignments for the sprites and their shadows are the wrong way around - the sprite is being colored like a shadow, and the shadow is being colored like a sprite. Should be a quick fix.

Edit: It's fixed.

Edit 2: [21:50:54] <Alam_Squeeze> Blitzzo: I know, maybe you need to put it in big BOLD text
Okay.
It's fixed. It's fixed. It's fixed. It's fixed. It's fixed. It's fixed.
There.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back