Invalid srb2.exe runs the game in OpenGL despite being the executor for the Software mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blast98

Full G-Tag name: Blast9867
✨ Collaborator ✨
After I opened up the OpenGL executor and exited the game, what happened was that the regular executor ends up opening up in OpenGL the next time I opened up the game with what is supposed to be the software renderer executor.

Since v2.2.1, there's an in-game renderer switcher in the video options. To keep the renderer selected for the next time that you launch the game, the selected renderer is saved to the configuration file.

So what happened here is, you launched the game in OpenGL mode, and then the game saved that OpenGL was the selected renderer, keeping it as such even if you don't specify a renderer when launching the game the next time.

Now the renderer can be changed while in game so the renderer is saved and no longer depends on the command-line parameter.
To change it go at the video settings menu and it's at a new "renderer" option.

Since v2.2.1, there's an in-game renderer switcher in the video options. To keep the renderer selected for the next time that you launch the game, the selected renderer is saved to the configuration file.

So what happened here is, you launched the game in OpenGL mode, and then the game saved that OpenGL was the selected renderer, keeping it as such even if you don't specify a renderer when launching the game the next time.

Ok. Now I get why srb2win.exe opened up in OpenGL mode. I’ll change the options the next time I play SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back