Contest Discussion Topic (2.0.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should make your maps start on MAPB1 so that they don't conflict with srb1 remake maps.
Especially considering if you haven't unlocked SRB1 yet, It won't let you play maps with map numbers that are usually SRB1 maps.

Edit: Nevermind then. I take VX501's word on that. (I swear that's happened to me before, or maybe that was something else)

Last edited:
Incorrect. I checked, and it's the SRB1 mode that the game prevents you from playing if you haven't unlocked SRB1 Remake, NOT the map numbers.

Won't be able to send my entry for the contest. I am being forced to pass out candy for Halloween...

I will be either saving the maps or making new ones for the next contest.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

(Offtopic: Whew, 25 people viewing in the OLDC category! But that's understandable anyways.)

Last edited:
I might enter a level thats base off of a level from sonic the hedgehog 2.

You're too late. Submissions are CLOSED. However, when the next contest begins, you could do that. (But you wouldn't get any points for originality)

You're too late. Submissions are CLOSED. However, when the next contest begins, you could do that. (But you wouldn't get any points for originality)

Oh well. At least i got time to make Green Hill Zone Act 1.

There really isn't any "start" to the contest. There's just an end.

The first post has been updated with a countdown to the next contest, so you may talk about what you plan on entering this December.

I disliked all of the maps in the single player division. I never got a chance to play the multiplayer ones.
It's highly likely that I'll enter Water Works Zone into the next Contest.

I disliked all of the maps in the single player division.

While I mainly agree with you there, I personally think RGZ is a good map.

While I suck at SP maps, maybe I should enter the multiplayer divisions next contest, and see if I do better in any of them...

There really isn't any "start" to the contest. There's just an end.
Except that, if there's an end to something, there's always a beginning to it.

Anyway, I was somehow disappointed with this OLDC. There are more downs than there are ups. AND they had quite enough time to do a good stage.
Oh and there was quite a "?" Monitor abuse in there, too.

Well, part of the problem was just simply inexperience with the new weapons system. While some maps would have sucked with or without the change, some of them probably would have fared decently in the old system.

I might do the "Sending out my first impressions" thing again this time, so if some of your are thinking about entering, maybe try to get in early if you want someone to just walk through the level. While I missed some of the things that people still saw wrong with the maps I went through, I do think having a bit of critiquing before judging may help improve your scores. Even if you don't have me looking through your levels, having someone else look through you level and give you an honest opinion will help you improve your wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back