SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Levels

Southern Park Details »»
Southern Park
Version: 5, by SRB2PlayerFan (Now known as Super Chris.) SRB2PlayerFan is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2019

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (5 votes - 3.40 average)
Released: 12-17-2018 Last Update: 01-23-2019 Installs: 0
Multiplayer Levels

Southern Park is a level I created for Super SRB2 Kart Z (A.K.A. 2.0 Kart). However, after seeing how it turned out in its initial release, I decided to give it an overhaul and make an all-new version of this course.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

Spoiler:

• Version 1 (12/18/2018): Initial release.
  • Version 2 (12/19/2018): Minor fixes. Lap number is now 5.
  • Version 3 (12/24/2018): More fixes. The shortcut now has a different method of accessing.
  • Version 4 (12/28/2018): Even more fixes!
  • Version 5 (1/23/2019): Added MUSICDEF lump.

Download Now

File Type: zip kr_southernpark_v5.zip (1.15 MB, 65 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0011.png
Views:	227
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	14725   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0012.png
Views:	201
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	14726   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0013.png
Views:	209
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	14727   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0014.png
Views:	152
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	14728   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0015.png
Views:	123
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	14729  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 12-18-2018   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

It's welcome to releases! However, the water is really difficult to point out against this road texture, and since it acts like oil slick its probably best to use a lighter road texture and actually make the water be oil. I could also barely see the boost pad in one of the tunnels, and I'm sure there's a way to get it to glow without illuminating the whole sector, but the methods escape my mind at the moment.
D00D64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018   #3
Latius
Hybrid Kart Mapper/Porter

Welcome to the upgraded levels!

SRB2Kart Track Mapper
Latius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018   #4
SRB2PlayerFan
Now known as Super Chris.

A third update for Southern Park is now available!
Old 12-28-2018   #5
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan

Hi! I played this (along with some other maps) in a netgame with a few other folks and wanted to give a few comments from the couple rounds I played of it.

For starters, I think 5 laps is too long. The races were over three minutes each, and while that's alright if it's due to 2-3 long laps, I think in this case your map kind of drags on with the lap count you have. A standard 3 laps would be fine, I think.

Also, your item boxes are way too frequent. I often couldn't even let the item roulette finish before I came up on the next set of boxes! I believe the rule Kart Krew has quoted is a set of boxes every 15-20 seconds if you're driving normally as Sonic on hard speed. I'm not sure if maps actually follow that very often, but you could definitely go down to just two or three sets of item boxes spaced somewhat-evenly throughout the track.

https://i.imgur.com/kAols07.png - This looks like missing textures?

https://i.imgur.com/NkTz0Qa.png - These fenced-off grass areas really suck to get knocked into by an item. You have to drive backwards in offroad all the way back onto the road to get back in the race. If you prefer it that way there's no need to change these, but in my opinion it'd be nice to put a hole in the far end of the fence that players can drive through and get back on the road without as much time loss. (It could also double as a small offroad shortcut for racers with sneaker boosts!)

You should consider re-encoding your music in a lower quality. It adds a lot to the WAD's filesize which makes it difficult to host on a server, since people often download WADs straight from the server instead of finding them here. The general standard for music in custom maps is a quality 0 OGG trimmed to the minimum possible length without cutting the music too short. (Trust me, it'll sound fine when the engine noises and sound effects are drowning it out.)

Overall though, I think it's a cute little simplistic course. If the frequency of item boxes was reduced and the music made smaller at least, I'd definitely call this a good map to have in a server's rotation.
Old 12-28-2018   #6
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan

Oh, no, the volume is perfectly fine. The last bit in that paragraph was just an anecdote about how a reduction in the music's quality won't be that noticeable with the game's sound effects layered on top of it. I was just saying it could be reprocessed in a lower quality to reduce the WAD's filesize, which would make it easier to download and thus more likely to be hosted on servers.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
SRB2PlayerFan
Now known as Super Chris.

Updated for Version 1.0.2 of SRB2Kart!