• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic: Planetary Panic

ashi

woof woof
NOTICE: Not everything in this post is up to date at this time!

T5RBTX.png
A mod that aims to provide an original story surrounding Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. Currently there is not available beta for download.

The mod does not currently require a custom executable but that may change in the future.

Here are some things that I have to show:
  • New Menus! (very W.I.P.)
srb20086.gif

• New Bosses
  • New enemies
  • 90% original music!
  • Brand new HUD (not pictured as it's not coded yet)
  • Grind rails!
spp-0075.gif

• haha funny crate go brrrr
spp-0046.gif

• and of course, Shadow and Silver!
spp-0073.gif

Last edited:
This looks amazing! The style of the hud, menu and pause menu looks very clean. I think the half pipe special stages are a very good idea. Go on, this will be very cool!

This looks pretty neat! But I dislike CrossMomentum... Could you do a non-CrossM version of this? :0

Reply: Non-CrossMomentum Version?

This looks pretty neat! But I dislike CrossMomentum... Could you do a non-CrossM version of this? :0
I'll include an option that disables some of the CrossMomentum Features for those who don't like it. though some of the level design requires things like building momentum and the abilities so I will have it disable as much as it possibly can without breaking the level design. I'll set it up so that when you start a new game along with the difficulty selection you will get a Playstyle Selection. That is where this Non-CrossMomentum option will be. It will change out the physics to be more akin to Vanilla SRB2 but now with some momentum tweaks so that the levels still work as intended.

Last edited:
This looks like a fangame itself almost, and I like how the CrossMomentum is built in, I personally almost always play with Xmomentum.

hot damn. Hearing rush inspiration in those tracks makes me do the big Ska Cha Cha.

Looking forward to this, you mad lad.

Wow that looks amazing... Can't wait to play it!
queston, will it be a pk3 or a separate exe mod?
Separate exe mod. I have a linux machine so I’ll be compiling for Linux, Windows, Android, and if I can Mac

Yume Dragoon: *says that he will be compiling for Linux and Android*
Me:
images

I can't wait to be able to play this because it looks so good.

This looks actually pretty good!

I also love the special stages, reminds me to the Sonic 2 ones (probably because they are based on those)

This looks actually pretty good!

I also love the special stages, reminds me to the Sonic 2 ones (probably because they are based on those)
The special stages are based off of sonic 2 and 3d blast saturn. I’m making sure they look good and are fun to play. including the fabled corkscrew from sonic 2 mobile. also off topic but now I can’t stop reading your replies in kokichi’s voice.

About how far along are you with this project, would you say? It seems extremely ambitious!
Its been in development for almost a year and only now have I gotten the first act of PPZ almost completed.
Acts 2 and 3 should fly right on by. I just need to code the new badnik and boss.
In other words. about 5% complete so far.

Its been in development for almost a year and only now have I gotten the first act of PPZ almost completed.
Acts 2 and 3 should fly right on by. I just need to code the new badnik and boss.
In other words. about 5% complete so far.

You got your work cut out for ya! Good luck, can't wait to see it progress

So happy it will be on Linux and Android, those are the platforms I use to play SRB2 on! also if you took 1 year to develop 5% of the game it will take you 20 years to develop the game mathematically speaking, but thats probably not the case

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back