This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Woah, I'm gonna try this when I get home. During xmomentum development I pointed Frostii towards some of your Revi changes, so I'm glad to see this large of an update/revision :o

Interesting to see that you reverted back to the comet dash from the arc jump.

Last edited:
srb28304.gif

I would love to play with this combined with xmomentum's hypers at least, but it seems like one of the addons I like to play with seems to cause it to be loaded with warnings, vs by itself, and seems to just not load when that happens, as I see no changes if loaded with warnings. Still love this though.

Edit: seems like Xmomentum ISN'T the conflict... I'll have to find out what is causing it.

Edit again: either it's internal command name conflicts... or Many Minor Tweaks.

Edit 3 & Knuckles: it might be because they both have an identical command: supermusic

Last edited:
I want to say that everything that I will say below is my own opinion. sorry if it doesn't match yours.
also, I want to say the preferences of my characters in vanilla srb2:
- I don't like sonic, tails and metal sonic
- I think Amy is the most balanced character at the moment
- I love Fang
I never comment on modifications like these because they tend to make things worse. the character in srb2 is already unbalanced (and some, such as fang, are weak), so these mods make everything stronger. I will not say what these modifications are, because we know them very well.

but what YOU did
probably, it's a dream

- finally, finally! I can play as sonic! and I can love him! I really liked the rework of his ability. it is not so fast if you just run. you have to use abilities and they will reward you with the lightspeed. I really love this approach in games, when they say "listen, man, of course you can just run, but if you use what I gave you, then you can do it cool!"
I think that the sonic you made is probably the most balanced version.

- Tails, ah Tails. the most memorable character and the most imbalanced. just take and fly the entire level. (although, you are not having fun)
I like the reworking of it. initially srb2 positions this character for beginners. and now it's true. although, on the other hand, it's not that fun to play for. it's just a character with a big jump.

- in fact, the processing of the Knuckles is so small, but it is very sensitive. I like her too.

- Amy turned out to be very strong. I like to bounce for her in a regular game, but here it is multiplied several times. I do not like this

oh, this moment has come. I just love Fang for his uselessness and for being the weakest character in srb2. I feel sorry for him.
- now there is no such annoying stop of the impulse. this is probably one of the most important changes that should be in vanilla srb2. I got unreal pleasure playing the game for him. although I like the pistol rework too, in some moments it is too strong

why would he teleport in super form. just. what for?

haha metal sonic flies the whole level
- I will say that it seems to me that metal sonic is still unbalanced, but now not horizontally, but vertically (I don't know if I made this phrase right from the point of view of English). if you find a slope in boost mode - woho! you will fly far up. too farу

- I really liked the elaboration of the Force Shield. just. this is. cool. now I really want to replay the game, but using different shields. Force Shield is very helpful in many situations and is not very strong.

- Elemental Shield is now super fun. I don’t know if it should accelerate SO fast, but I liked it. I also liked the little thing with the sprite. there is no fire underwater. prudently

- Attraction Shield is no longer so useless. well, I will say that he is still weak, but if you are surrounded by opponents - he will help you

- I can't say anything about Armageddon Shield. This shield is complex in balance. I will not say anything about him

well, to sum up, I want to say that I definitely really like it. no offense to other similar modifications, but you managed to make it so that it would be both balanced and fun. I'd really like to see any of this in a vanilla game.

please make Fang better. please!

Interesting to see that you reverted back to the comet dash from the arc jump.
I had more of an idea where I'm going with this mod unlike revi which was mostly an aimless sandbox. The comet dash was always designed with momentum preservation in mind though.
I don't think I can actually fix this on my end? Because that specific chain happens to be above a slope it seems to be triggering the hardcoded slope launch flag. I may need to make a bug report about this.

I love this mod. I really do. but it just has some issues that I hate it for. For one it breaks neo sonic, he cant get into dash mode by running anymore, he has to do it by spindash, but get into dash mode once and he can just get into dash mode again with one thok or a short jog.
Also this mod crashes way too much since it somehow cant access its own config file that loads every map change which i think is stupid it should just load once when you first load into the game

I love this mod. I really do. but it just has some issues that I hate it for. For one it breaks neo sonic, he cant get into dash mode by running anymore, he has to do it by spindash, but get into dash mode once and he can just get into dash mode again with one thok or a short jog.
Also this mod crashes way too much since it somehow cant access its own config file that loads every map change which i think is stupid it should just load once when you first load into the game

I believe the 2nd one is likely just an issue with SRB2 itself.
And 1st one is likely due to Metal Sonic's changes, I'd imagine.

For one it breaks neo sonic, he cant get into dash mode by running anymore
Explicitly untrue. I did alter dashmode a bit to get along better with momentum preservation as well as quiet its spammy noises, but there's nothing broken about it.

attachment.php

Can you post a screenshot of the error you're getting? The mod reads from the config exactly once each time the game is run. The issue you're describing should be impossible as the flag to no longer read the config during this session is set even if the read fails.

Attachments

• neo.gif
    neo.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 3,286
Can you post a screenshot of the error you're getting? The mod reads from the config exactly once each time the game is run. The issue you're describing should be impossible as the flag to no longer read the config during this session is set even if the read fails.
Well i get this one quite frequent
8Xv6qpI.png
Explicitly untrue. I did alter dashmode a bit to get along better with momentum preservation as well as quiet its spammy noises, but there's nothing broken about it.
Yea i think i found the reason my neo broke. removing the momentum lua from the mod breaks him, but with the momentum characters like mario can jump to crazy heights
srb20035.gif
Right this mod also breaks skip a bit. He can slide while crouched and he cant open his crafting menu since he just jumps
srb20036.gif

Last edited:
Well i get this one quite frequent
View attachment 43271
Are you getting the error in multiplayer? This could be caused by the gamequit hook, but that should only ever execute locally when you exit the game, not globally in the middle of a netgame. In any case I'll look into this to fix for the next version.
but with the momentum characters like mario can jump to crazy heights
Due to the slope launch changes every grounded vertical thrust has to be rewritten to not send you into orbit. I covered all the instances in vanilla but since I can't recode mods some are going to have issues.

Last edited:
Also if i may ask Could you release the amy moveset as a separate mod? I love how amy controls in this mod and I would like to use her without the other changes :)

Bugfix version 1a fixes:

-Crash in multiplayer
-Fang bubble shield
-Thorn shield goldbox sprite error
-Fang cork timer
-Whirlwind shield issues

Last edited:
Oh hey, it's another one of these player/shield/momentum ability revision mods. I must say, I've been quite enjoying how much more sophisticated these mods have become over the past several months (almost a year, actually), starting from one or two ability changes and eventually going into full overhauls like XMomentum and this. I have strong first impressions of Reveries—it's a massive improvement from the latest version of Revi! I'll have to type up further thoughts later, as I tend to do with mods like this.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back