Just tried out this mod, it's fun and plays really well even if the levels clearly aren't designed around modern Sonic. I have a few suggestions though:

1. Give Modern Sonic more interactions with shields. I like what's done with the elemental shield (fire trail when boosting and stomping), but the rest of the shields only seem to have their regular passive abilities, which makes whirlwind effectively a pity shield unless I'm missing something. Maybe make it so all shields adjust the existing player abilities? Like attraction making the homing attack more momentum-oriented, or whirlwind increasing the power of the double jump. Armageddon's ability could perhaps be integrated into the stomp (EDIT: I'm dumb and didn't try, it already is), and as for force, I have no idea what to do there.

2. Add an icon to extra life monitors and a life icon to the save select screen, instead of the default placeholder "1UP".

Believe It or not, the whirlwind shield actually does what you suggest. It increases the doublejump height and additionally removes the air drag Modern Sonic experiences.

Classic Sonic has no idea what just happened

That wasn't Classic Sonic. That was Alt Sonic.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Believe It or not, the whirlwind shield actually does what you suggest. It increases the doublejump height and additionally removes the air drag Modern Sonic experiences.

This might be something you'd be not responding to, but you could make it so that the shield abilities are mapped to C3.

This might be something you'd be not responding to, but you could make it so that the shield abilities are mapped to C3.

This... is a good idea. You can go super with SPIN without a shield as Sonic. With a shield, however, you will instead use the shield ability. That could work with Modern Sonic as well.
That being said, I have ideas for shield abilities for Modern.
The electric sheild could give Sonic the lightspeed attack. The wind shield could give'em the airdash. The elemental shield could use the sweep kick from 06.

Last edited:
How didn't I notice that? I think it would help to give the double jump a slightly different sound effect when you have a whirlwind shield.

This... is a good idea. You can go super with SPIN without a shield as Sonic. With a shield, however, you will instead use the shield ability. That could work with Modern Sonic as well.
The electric sheild could give Sonic the lightspeed attack. The wind shield could give'em the airdash. The elemental shield could use the sweep kick from 06.
Modern Sonic is extremely versatile as is. I don't see the need for more abilities.

That's certainly something Spork could approve of, I assume.

So half the features aren't working
I cannot slide, boost, stomp or trick.
While I can homing attack, the reticle isn't there.
So uh...
Wha-What's -uh- goin' on here?
Edit:
Oh, I can light speed dash too

Last edited:
So half the features aren't working
I cannot slide, boost, stomp or trick.
While I can homing attack, the reticle isn't there.
So uh...
Wha-What's -uh- goin' on here?
Edit:
Oh, I can light speed dash too

Either you're keyboard is messed up, or you're copy of the game is broken.

Itta, are you running the latest version of SRB2? I had this problem as well, but I updated my game and it went away.

Well, then Sonic Unleashed for GameCube would ALSO like to have a word with you.

First of all, Sonic Unleashed was never ON the gamecube. It's Wii you're thinking of. Second of all, it's NOT a move he can perform freely. It's a start-of-stage countdown related skill, and an animation from doing certain actions while boosting. I am saying this as someone who not only triple-checked online, but also someone who has played the Wii Version multiple times. No, it is not a move Modern Sonic can use.

Edit: And no, no other version allows it either. I just quadruple checked.

Last edited:
Something I noticed is that Homing Attacking 2 or more enemies doesn't give you double the points you'd get for defeating a single enemy. However jumping on them does. Is this intentional?

Sorry to say but Modern Sonic first appeared in Adventure on the Dreamcast.

Oh boy, semantics time!

Even if you count that as modern Sonic, that one has an entirely different moveset and playstyle, so it doesn't really change anything in relation to this, i'd think. Dreamcast era sonic is not 'modern' modern Sonic, as this one is based off of the boost-era modern Sonic. Thus; nothing changes.

dear lord, this entire case is starting to look like one of the many Ace Attorney Tournabouts

and pls, talk about this somewhere else

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

Back