Blood is finally going to have a sourceport.[Among two others]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what these games are, except for maybe Dark Forces, if it's the Star Wars Jedi Knight one, so uh, mind telling me what the heck these are?
(I don't know if I would get anything from a Google search from those)

...wait, what

IIRC the Jedi Engine and the Build Engine aren't... they weren't... they shouldn't...

what

what

This is like if I were told that ZDoom now supported Duke Nukem 3D (and yes, I know about the failed attempts in the past, shut up). It just... should not be, for all intents and purposes, no matter how awesome it'd be.

Last edited:
FINALLY. I've been waiting to play a Blood port FOREVER. Looking forward to it.

Man, Blood is such an amazing FPS, and I would give a certain, unprintable left part of my body for a modern source port like ZDoom. You all need to play it right now, seriously. Either the demo or the full version off of Good Old Games. (it's like 6 dollars, seriously)

It's basically like Duke Nukem 3D, only you play as an evil vampire cowboy that sings showtunes when you wait around for too long. And you can use a can of hair spray as a lighter.

10594ss.jpg

And Outlaws is cool too I guess.

I looked on the website. It's not a source port, it's an engine recreation.

Also, it loses points for using Direct3D for the renderer. At least he plans to release the source so that someone can write an OpenGL renderer to remove the Windows dependency.

I looked on the website. It's not a source port, it's an engine recreation.
I was about to say, I don't recall Monolith Productions releasing the source to Blood, despite all the requests to do so. Which made me think "how do you make a source port without the source?"

Oh well, I just hope this recreation stays true to the original engine, as it would be nice to play Blood again without having to use DOSBox to do so.

IIRC it's up to Atari, not Monolith, whether or not Blood gets a source code release. Monolith has been willing, but their hands are tied by Atari's stubbornness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back