Why did you pick your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd give my username a bit of everything. Numbers at the end, catchyness and even my nickname at the beginning of it which was "ash". I first thought up of ashtheman11 on www.habbo.co.uk but then I came up with ashtheman 12, 13 and to 14. I was adjusting the number according to my age but for now I'm sticking with ashtheman14. Why? Because sooner or later it's gonna turn into ashtheman20 XD so I decided to stop at 14

Last edited:
The story of my usernames...

It began as JRJB2, JRJB was taken. :/ Thus, the "2". I kept that for what, a month? I then changed it to JoeBro387. Much better. My names, with a random number. Hoorah.
Then 2 years passed. La-da-day...
Then I got bored of just plain ol' JoeBro387. Hoorah! Let'-sa change. I was REALLY into Animal Crossing at the time, and one of the villagers nicknamed me J-Town. Ooh, looky look! It's my username! It didn't stop there, though.
Another year passed.
Bored of J-Town. Too boring. Why just "Town"? Pleh, fed up of it. :/ Time for a new name! During the time I was bored of the name, I was in a SRB2 netgame with an ol' friend Kiddytails. He had reccomended the name "Neon" to me, which I instantly slapped on a Neon-J. Originally, i did not want to remove the "-" sign, but I did after I was forced to.
And a LOT of years passed. That name had stuck, until about a month ago... (Oh yeah, I just changed pretty recently, too. :D)
Alot of the people were asking me if I was different people, some asked if I was this NeOn off MBO, some a Neon off this other server. I had started to get fed up of this, so it was time for a name change. I decided to go for something COMPLETELY original, so I decided to mis-spell a word. The word green came to mind, so in my head, I was thinking of many different ways to say it. "Grayn", "Gureen", "Gareen"... "Garee"! Chopping the n off was a somewhat perfect idea! (Yeah, until people started associating it with the word "Gary". Whatever, it's pronounced like that anyway.)

And so ends my story.

I also had some other names I used temporarily on other sites:
Grasspyo (Now spelt Graspio) - My friend made up this character for one of the games I played when I was young. The game was called "Grasspyo Attack" and consisted of three characters, Grasspyo, Joe the Cat and KyHero. Note that this was BEFORE Sonic Rush came out. :/ - I still use this name sometimes.
John/Jake/Owin - Just some generic names I used at some point.
Greenarific (Later shortened to just Greeny) - One of my best friends on Animal Crossing Community, a site to do with Animal Crossing. (I'm still a really big fan about it. :D)
Tenn - Used on a game where I couldn't use the name Garee. It's another mis-spelt word, this one being a typo on ten. This one was actually created a week ago.

Last edited:
abridgedman100x is my user name on You Tube, and I love to parody and laugh, so yeah, there you go. Also that I had so many more user names and wanted to pick a permanent one becase websites like gaia online, Rune Scape, Pokemon Crater, Newgrounds, and Photobucket all had different names and I didn't like to make up names alot, so yeah. Also, no, I do not go on these websites daily anymore because of my slow phone line internet connection, so again I cannot play any of these games because of my lag.

Last edited:
Glaber was un-originally a Tails recolor that was meant to be to Ashura as Tails was to Sonic. I chose this username because it was unique and I didn't do an internet search. On the plus side, Search Glaber and you can't find my posts so easily.

Other User names
Suroguner: My Racoon Character made befor Marine was revealed
The VGA: Originally the GBA Avenger, Changed the name to Video Game Avenger due to the Game system.

Well, it started on a transformers forum.

When I was like 10, I joined a transformers movie board. After playing the DS game of the movie. The website also had a nifty game to play. To create an account, I put two things together. Autobot... and Saving. I couldn't think of anything else! I came up with Autosaver.

Since I was like.. 10? I also came up with Deceptisaver, DarkSaver, etc. You don't want to know the rest.

Oh, I am not a memory unit term either. >: (
Edit: I originally had a different name on this board for like a year. It was..

Josh the Hedgehog.

Last edited:
Like many of you, I created a terribly unoriginal Sonic knockoff when I was a younger and much more foolish man. My abomination was dubbed "Davy the Wombat", who stole his basic form from Sonic, his cynical attitude and bloated gut from Garfield, and his name from my best friend.

Anyway, one of Davy's wacky quirks was that he hailed from Kathmandu. To drive this point home, Davy donned a turban, which I thought all people in Kathmandu (read: exotic, foreign places, including Mexico) wore.

Continuing my penchment of promoting disgusting stereotypes, I gave myself the user name Wombatwarlord777 when I registered at the Green Hill Zone forums, as a sort of fond tribute to my retarded creation and his swarthy headgear (because all warlords wear turbans, you see). The 777 was tacked onto the end because I thought it was cool. Like adding an airfoil to the back of a Nissan Sentra. That sort of cool.

I hate my user-name now. While it does have that alliteration thing going on, it's convoluted and gaudy. Not one person has bothered to type it out in its entirety in almost two years. Please excuse me now while I wallow in the shame of my youth.

Last edited:

I always thought your name had something to do with games that automatically save your progress.

My story is mostly simple and uninteresting. My sister was on Myspace, one of her friends was named Jellybones (Not REALLY, of course.) and I took the name. I later created a character around it, which I tend to have a strange need to. I don't know how long I've used this name, but I joined with it on 08-10-2008 this board, so I know it's been at least a year, and then a few months.
On two side notes, I used to have 69 at the end because I was perverted and thought the name would be taken at certain places. And, there's a song named Jellybones. I don't like it, though.

I choose this name because of how much I like Smarties.(Epic candy is epic)

I added Mr because I just wanted to. Ok thanks bye.

My name kind of has a story. So my brother play Star Wars: Jedi Academy alot when I was younger. His playing the game online got me wondering what other games had online. Thus I went to Halo: Combat Evolved. Now I needed an online name, so I thought of my brother's name Exiled Hawk. So I thought of the oppostie of being Exiled was, and that was to be Exalted. So, to be a little more original with my name I went with X-Alted (or XAlted here). Then it just kind of stuck.

I'll sum it up in one picture.
srb20437tc6.png

Actually to be honest I just wanted a legitimate reason to dig up that old picture again. My SRB2 name came from a netgame but the story isn't too exciting.

Truthfully I just came up with it when I was registering to the message board. Now I regret it. The username I'm most known for everywhere is Inspector Supersonic. I like to solve things everywhere and since I like Supersonic I figured why not combine both. So I came up with the name Inspector Supersonic. Now plenty of people know me by that name.

ZeldaGamer00

You get nothing if you can guess where it came from. A Zelda Gamer/fan with 00 tacked on because it can be.

SanaeP2

Blue Reimu in Phantasmagoria of Flower View is the Player 2 character if both players select Reimu, and Sanae is Shrine madden from Mountain of Faith, who seems to be sorta like Reimu's alter-ego. Her outfit is blue and white. Now, put 2 and 2 together and you get... No no, not 4 you silly person. SanaeP2!

Razer was the name of my Lame recolored fancharacter. I ditched him now, but I still dig the name.

The 112 sounded clever, (Two 1's and One 2)

My real username elsewhere is Mau5Trap, or SonicBlizz, or La Viva Gan... or Fallguy... or Drug Enraged Bear XD but I use Deadmau5 at the time being, till I become better, Im using that as a training name.

Okay, here goes. -cracks knuckles- My name on a ton of other sites is "MrVirtual", and one time in a game called Roblox, one of my friends called me "Virt". I was like, "Hey, that sounds cool!" So then, I decided to make that my character. My Sonic form of him is Virt the Fox, so since SRB2 is Sonic, I decided to use Virt the Fox as my username.
EDIT: Also, Virt the Fox has a time-traveling device implanted in his brain, so that's why my other name is Virt the Time Traveler.

Blacklightning

You realise Black Lightning is a DC Comics superhero, too, right...?

XSpeedGodX...hmm... I actually don't remember.
owait yes I do.
My name was originally going to be Speed when I first joined the internet.
I than came up with Speed"God" after owning a lot of people in gun games. :3
Than when I came to SRB2, a guy named "GodSpeed" existed so I added the 2 "X" to make it sound cool and make less people ask "ARE JOO GODSPEED!?" :<
I might change my name soon... if I get bored. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back