Problem with MF_FIRE flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
This flag does not come into effect immediately after an object with it is spawned underwater. It still hurts for a tic or two before disappearing. I was trying to make a turret enemy that shoots a constant stream of fireballs, and the fireballs were invisible underwater, but didn't disappear immediately when they were spawned. When I got close to the turret underwater, I was still hurt by the fireballs just before they disappeared.

(I apologize for not having any screenshots, but they would be rather pointless as the fireballs, while tangible for the first few tics after spawning, are invisible the whole time.)

I apologize for the double post, but why hasn't anyone replied yet? Do other people doubt the existence of this bug?

Any information about what causes this bug or if there's a way to get around it would be useful.

But if I know something I will give ya some information.

Don't worry, just keep trying to fix that bug. I will try to find out what the heck is causing that problem.

Oh, in that case I can tell you why nobody replied yet: We don't know either.

It must be deeply embedded in the source code, then. Does the game use any kind of special effects (like the Attraction Shield flash) or delays when a flaming object disappears?

Hmm that's weird, I never had any issues with an underwater MF_FIRE with my Nitemare wad's spin trail, not sure why you are having problems. One idea is that if the object has MF_MISSILE it'll bypass the fire flag for that 1 tic or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back