• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Squirrel World is up again! WOO HOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zanyhead said:
Squirrel world has been put on hold due to level designer's block.

srb20113.png

This wad sounds better than SRB2 Riders in a way.
Does it have a Thing off SADX where you can select your level in a adventure place?
It sounds like it has a good storyline.
Can't wait until I get to see it at release.

1: What way?
2: No, but the levels are INSANELY explorable!
3: It does...trust me.
4: Me either.

Yugi said:
Sciky said:
If you're supposed to be a squirrel in this wad, why don't you make sprites of that squirrel characeter from segasonic arcade, also it would mean he gets to be in something else other then that one game.
You doubleposted, and you already said that. And, the name of the ''squirrel characeter'' is Ray the Flying Squirrel. Work on your spelling, and don't doublepost, especially if it's something you already said.

I didn't mean to double post, sorry, I didn't even know until now, what probably happened is that I clicked submit post and it was stuck on the page for like 5 minutes, so I clicked again, which posted it twice, and I knew Ray's name I just forgot.

First screenshot removed due to the fact that I removed the squirrel tram (It gave the level a bit of a linear feel.)

Sonow Hakura said:
Meh, its average, I can do much, much, much more in paint. Escpecially since i've been using it for years.
Brag much? Let's see you do better.

Sonow Hakura said:
Haha, you collect nuts. ROFL!

You throw them too, but there is much more skill involved in throwing nuts than in throwing rings, as the nuts are affected by gravity.

PLEASE tell me you're going to add shading eventually and change the head so it's not octangular.

There is shading, just not much because of the stupid limited doom pallete,
and I may change the head if I get to it, but it will do for now.

Zanyhead said:
Sonow Hakura said:
Haha, you collect nuts. ROFL!

You throw them too, but there is much more skill involved in throwing nuts than in throwing rings, as the nuts are affected by gravity.
Awesome! Adding some realism by using the laws in physics when characters throw things. They'll finally fall at a certain distance! Whoo Hoo!

Um, I'm not so sure about the rings being affected by gravity business. Sounds like you will have to have your camera pointing up every single time you want to throw a ring. And I have no clue how rail rings will fit into this.

Okay, tailsmastermind:

1: That's the point, your going to need to get good at throwing all over again.

2: The rail ring is one of the two weapons that aren't affected by gravity, that and the homing ring. (Actually they are called the silent philbert and the squirrel seeker.)

Ya, but I just ment that if you toss the ring forward, it won't even have a chance of hitting your foe (unless your on a platform), but I must say that is a neat idea. I also was wondering, will bomb rings fall faster?

Bomb rings (the Dogwood Boom) won't be in the the first few releases, but most enemies will take more than one hit.

That's all I needed to know. Based on what I've collected, this might not be half bad (two words used earlier) but I'll save my opinion for the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back