WAD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I'm new here. SRB2 is a great game, and I tried WAD making for the first time... to an unsuccess.

I decided to make 8-bit mario as a character. When I tried the game with it, I came with this error:

R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump EMERA0

I am not sure what I did wrong.

Christopher said:
Hello everyone! I'm new here. SRB2 is a great game, and I tried WAD making for the first time... to an unsuccess.

I decided to make 8-bit mario as a character. When I tried the game with it, I came with this error:

Did you did a error ?
Check if you did a error ok?

Sonic234 said:
Christopher said:

Did you did a error ?
Check if you did a error ok
?

Wait, what? I'm not sure what you're saying.

Christopher said:
Sonic234 said:
Christopher said:

Did you did a error ?
Check if you did a error ok
?

Wait, what? I'm not sure what you're saying.
i don't know check or go to the srb2wiki.

It might have to do with the color pallete. Did you use a sprite rip, or dive into spriting without looking at the SRB2 pallete?

Wow. This wad is seriously mucked up.

Remove the SS_START and SS_END tags. Move the life icon and text to the top. Remove the Portrait as you don't need it anymore (unless you put the OBJCTCFG back in). And you should be fine.

Also, the alignment of your sprites could do some work.

And as I predicted, you didn't use Non-rotation "play*0" sprites. Whilst that isn't preventing your wad from working, it can lower the filesize if you do that.

And make sure you have a full sprite set while you're at it. I couldn't tell with your messy lump arrangement if you had one or not.

And if you still Sigsev. Select every sprite in your WAD and change the lump type to 36. (Changes them to 'Image', rather than 'Sprite') But I'm not sure you'll need to do that or not.

I'll Begin said:
Wow. This wad is seriously mucked up.

Remove the SS_START and SS_END tags. Move the life icon and text to the top. Remove the Portrait as you don't need it anymore (unless you put the OBJCTCFG back in). And you should be fine.

Also, the alignment of your sprites could do some work.

And as I predicted, you didn't use Non-rotation "play*0" sprites. Whilst that isn't preventing your wad from working, it can lower the filesize if you do that.

And make sure you have a full sprite set while you're at it. I couldn't tell with your messy lump arrangement if you had one or not.

And if you still Sigsev. Select every sprite in your WAD and change the lump type to 36. (Changes them to 'Image', rather than 'Sprite') But I'm not sure you'll need to do that or not.
okay, i took your sugestions:
I used play*0 sprites
I removed the tags
I removed the objctcfg
I changed them from 'sprite' to 'image'
I removed the portrait
I moved the life icon and text to the top.

Now, i get the R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump EMERA0 error again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back