[SOLVED] Stacking FOFs with different sector shapes

lhp

Hey guys!

I'm working on a map that I want to have utilize the stacking of multiple FOFs.

After following the stacking tutorial in the wiki I'm still coming up with some issues regarding the shape of the sectors I want to stack.

Basically I want this highlighted sector...
POqSvEq.png

To retain it's shape and not bring up the sector below as shown in this screenshot:
Mf5lkB7.png

I hope I'm clear enough in what I'm trying to achieve.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what you mean, I think you're problem is that you have two FOF tagged to one sector and you don't know how to move either individually?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, I think you're problem is that you have two FOF tagged to one sector and you don't know how to move either individually?

Basically I want the just the highlighted rectangle in the pic to float without the other octagon-shaped sector coming up with it.

From my understanding from the wiki shouldn't both FOFs be tagged to the same control sector?

Thanks!

Any sector tagged with 39 will get FOFs from all the control linedefs tagged with 39. If you want a sector to share some but not all of the FOFs that another sector has, you will need to apply the linedef special to another line on the desired control sectors, with a different tag.

Here's an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuosihaf7hgi9ta/multiplefofs.wad?dl=0
Note the left sector has one FOF and the right one has another, while the middle sector has both. This is done with two control sectors that each have two control linedefs, tagged depending on which of the three in-level sectors the FOF should be applied to.

Ah I finally understand it, your example made it super clear!

Thank you so much for your help!

It's definitely not easy to explain with words, haha. You're very welcome!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back