F.O.F Slope

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

I have a question about making a F.O.F into a slope using SRB2CB. How exactly do I do this? This picture should demonstrate exactly what I mean:

fofslopequestion_zps06868dca.png

The question is, how can I get the top picture, to become the lower picture. Sonic there shows us that he is standing on top of the sectors.

You can't. I mean, you can make it LOOK like a slope, but it won't have any collision and the player will fall right through it. Kalaron never implemented slopes in Community Build, and probably never will because we scared him away.

I can't remember how to make it look like a slope, though. There were a few example wads on it, but I don't have any handy on me.

Check if in the SRB2CB package there's a rural2.wad, if not, I can send you the file. It has some slope FOFs but with no collision. You want it to have some collision, here's a workaround: make a normal FOF and then decorate it with slope FOF.

Last edited:
Check if in the SRB2CB package there's a rural2.wad, if not, I can send you the file. It has some slope FOFs but with no collision. You want it to have some collision, here's a workaround: make a normal FOF and then decorate it with slope FOF.

Hm I see. This helps alot, not with the idea I had to use F.O.F slopes, but it helps with another idea of mine. Thanks :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back