• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SLADE general awareness topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezer.Arch, what kinds of lumps get screwed up? I just tried it out in Tortured Planet: I used "Move Up" on the MAINCFG lump until it was above the MAP17 marker. Then I saved and played MAP17. Everything was fine.

I know what this is - when you move the MAINCFG up through the map markers, trying to view a map marker will crash SLADE. But if you move it, save and restart SLADE, you can view the map markers again.

It doesn't actually corrupt anything. :P

If someone would be so kind as to spell out for me why SLADE displays graphics as this crap:

V1nxu.png

*bump*
I got a new updated SLADE3 and... you know what? Here's the link to my problem.
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=36336

Its about the prefrences and stuff like that I asked before but it seems like nobody answered it but Im posting this here under this thread because it seems like this is a general problem and people should be aware of this problem I am having with SLADE3.

Last edited:
I've been using SLADE with no problems until now.

Now, every time I try to add a patch (previously converted in Doom Flat) into TEXTURE2, SLADE converts TEXTURE2 into Graphic (Quake Gfx).

That's what I did:

- Import multiple files into archive
- Pick and add a PNG file
- Right-click on PNG lump: GFX -> Convert to... Doom Gfx palleted -> convert
- Right-click on Graphic Doom (before PNG lump): Add to Patch table
(here still OK)
- Right-click on Graphic Doom: Add to TEXTUREx
- TEXTURE2 is converted into Graphic (Quake Gfx)

Then, SLADE no longer lets me to add any other texture.

Any help will be appreciated.

EDIT:

I have another problem: SLADE can't convert a graphic lump into flat (it's outside F_START/END). The lump becomes Unknown.

Last edited:
I've just gotten used to Slade's flat and texture interface but I'm having some trouble with in-game textures.There are about 2 pixels/ fracunits missing in their horizontal joints which can be seen through :/ Am I doing something wrong?

SLADE 3.1.0 beta 1 has been released which includes a map editor among other updates. However it is apparently not feature complete yet. You can see the changelog here.

While the map editor isn't (yet?) suited for SRB2 editing, there are two features that caught my interest: One is the ability to edit palettes, create the corresponding COLORMAP lump etc. The other is the ANIMATED editor, which means you finally don't need an external tool anymore to create animated textures. You do need a copy of SRB2's default ANIMATED lump, but that can be supplied on the wiki.

Aren't custom ANIMATED lumps broken? They were when I took a close look at 2.1's code, anyway; they were reading one byte too many for every animation definition, causing garbage data to be read into the array. Had to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back