Resource icon

Cavernous Meadow Zone - Scrapped 2.2 MP Special Stage

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
Back in June 2018, I made a concept for how I thought mulitplayer special stages should work. The idea was for them to work similarly to how they did in v2.0, but have different paths that incentivize using different characters. This way, players would be rewarded for having a diverse team rather than everyone playing the same skins.

The idea was well received, however there was also a desire to do something more "special" for multiplayer special stages rather than having all the players running around like normal. Discussion around MP special stages fell to the wayside for a while after that until we got closer to release. By that point there wasn't enough time to make anything new, so we went with some updated versions of the v2.0 special stages.

Attachments

• srb20026.gif
    srb20026.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 1,298
  • srb20028.gif
    srb20028.gif
    6 MB · Views: 805
  • srb20030.gif
    srb20030.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 747
  • vs_cavernousmeadow-v1.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 980
Last edited:
As someone who misses the old Special Stages, I can only say that I enjoy this more than I should. And despite it being balanced for multiplayer, I was able to beat it first try as a single player with 2 seconds left on the timer! Very satisfying.

This is great! I hope someone goes ahead and makes more MP special stages like this, the 2.0 ones are very outdated, both in visuals and gameplay

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back