Salt Quarantine v1.1 (Go to Nova Pack for newest update)

Novaphyer

Another map based on the aesthetics of Deep Rock Galactic, this time based off of the Salt Pits comes; Salt Quarantine! Beware this dynamic level filled with falling stalagtites, breakable floors and boost switches! You have the power to change all of this for better or worse...

Have fun screwing other people over, remember to keep that Salt Quarantine[d].

This is my 2nd completed map, and it took WAY longer than I thought to finish it. for reference, Deep Glacial took 3 weeks, while this took about 2 months... If there's anything up/wrong/needs to be changed possibly, feel free to tell me so I can fix it!

All updates for Salt Quarantine will be on this thread now: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=47023
Changelog v1.1

-Added a texture to inner edge of the translucent turn to better show the distance from the wall
-Added a sign at the bottom of the translucent room, people kept driving into the sand head first
-Added a shortcut BEHIND aforementioned sign that requires shoes

Attachments

• kart0028.gif
    3.1 MB · Views: 585
  • kart0029.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 485
  • kart0030.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 413
  • kart0031.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Gave this a go on my server with 6 people. We are all lovers of Deep Rock Galactic :)

General consensus was that the curved section that doesn't have a floor is very disorienting. Should have like a transparent crystal/ice/anything there to make it not feel as if you are driving on air.

Other than that the map is alright. Though my crew thought it was a little easy/uninteresting on the layout. A hairpin turn or two and maybe some alternate pathing choices involving ramps/jumps/springs can spice things up.

Not bad for map #2. Please do keep making maps. I only provide criticism/feedback in good faith and I hope you can improve your skills!

Gave this a go on my server with 6 people. We are all lovers of Deep Rock Galactic :)

General consensus was that the curved section that doesn't have a floor is very disorienting. Should have like a transparent crystal/ice/anything there to make it not feel as if you are driving on air.

Other than that the map is alright. Though my crew thought it was a little easy/uninteresting on the layout. A hairpin turn or two and maybe some alternate pathing choices involving ramps/jumps/springs can spice things up.

Not bad for map #2. Please do keep making maps. I only provide criticism/feedback in good faith and I hope you can improve your skills!

Thank you for the feedback! I was noticing people having trouble discerning the wall from the floor, so I just updated the map with a little strip to help with that problem!

I've also added a sign below and a shortcut behind said sign! Just small changes for now.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back