Suggestions

There's actually a problem with going super while having a shield: If people are firing you in order to take your super off, and when it does take off because you took too many hits, you still have shield to protect you. Making you get "flashing time" to run away after they hit you. It seems overpowered that way, there's no way you can die by de-supering when you have time to escape.

There's actually a problem with going super while having a shield: If people are firing you in order to take your super off, and when it does take off because you took too many hits, you still have shield to protect you. Making you get "flashing time" to run away after they hit you. It seems overpowered that way, there's no way you can die by de-supering when you have time to escape.
What is overpowered about getting flashing time after being hit? You always get that, except when being Super without a shield. Why should the player be totally vulnerable after being Super even when he has a shield?

It'll make you unable to kill him if he gets to run away, giving you no points. Besides, supers usually start "running away" when they notice their rings are running low. When they know they have a shield under the super, they also won't run away and keep attacking you nonstop, which I find really irritating.

It'll make you unable to kill him if he gets to run away, giving you no points.
Then you just hit him anyway, he'll lose the shield and you get 50 points. Problem solved.

Besides, supers usually start "running away" when they notice their rings are running low. When they know they have a shield under the super, they also won't run away and keep attacking you nonstop, which I find really irritating.
How is it irritating that someone who has protection doesn't run away?

Because then he chaces you 'till the very ends of the map and keeps hitting everything that comes in its way while we can't do any real damage on it.
Can we go back to the subject now?

Because then he chaces you 'till the very ends of the map and keeps hitting everything that comes in its way while we can't do any real damage on it.
You can do real damage to him by hitting him. Then he'll lose the shield. And voila, he's not protected anymore. That's what you do with everyone who has a shield. It's not like he'll chase you to death and you can't do nothing about it.

Can we go back to the subject now?
We're still talking about your suggestion, so we're on topic, aren't we?

You do realize that you lose shields first when hit as super, right? The flashing time after you lose super is hardcoded into the game whenever you lose super, and has nothing to do with the shields. It is most definitely on purpose because otherwise knocking someone out of super would likely lead to a free kill on someone who is defenseless and has zero rings.

Um, he said transformation sprites.

The point was that since Tails and Knux only go super in multiplayer, it's not worth the effort to make them superframes. Likewise, if we do, people will start asking for them to be able to go super in singleplayer too, and we already discussed that a few months ago.

Discussions aside,
I would like to see some more colours added, and I thought I would show what Tan would look like.

iaza15112735228300.png

This is a suggestion for Tan skin colour in multiplayer, by the way. Just making that clear.

Last edited:
In Sonic The Hedgehog 2, you could transform into Super Sonic, even with a shield on. That's all I have to say about this discussion about Super Sonic and shields.

it's called aiming

it really does help

if it's that hard to hit sonic, you could spam grenades and explosion everywhere

Well there are stages that don't have grenades like the coop stages, and I aim well, but it really doesn't help then they make 90 degree thoks in all directions. Some people really make you dizzy.

In Sonic The Hedgehog 2, you could transform into Super Sonic, even with a shield on. That's all I have to say about this discussion about Super Sonic and shields.
"The classics do it, let's do it too" doesn't work. Besides that, a lot of people were annoyed about having to transform, no matter what, and S3&K fixed it.

Well there are stages that don't have grenades like the coop stages, and I aim well, but it really doesn't help then they make 90 degree thoks in all directions. Some people really make you dizzy.
Tag doesn't support the Coop stages, so that's your fault. Also, if you can't hit a thokking player, you need to practice some more.

Isn't that a huge argument for a lot of the stuff in srb2 though?
A huge argument is "the classics did it, and it worked well there, so we'll do it too". It's not about blindly following everything the classics did, it's about being inspired by them.

Pushable objects able to break shatter blocks

Drop or throw a pushable object at a shatter block (sides and flats) and then they will.... shatter.
-----------

EDIT:

That was hyper, actually. Super forms in S3K aren't immune to drowning.

Oops, I forgot this "minor" detail.

-----------

EDIT2:

"Pushable objects able to break shatter blocks" is already in SRB2 2.0.

Last edited:
Pushable objects able to break shatter blocks

Drop or throw a pushable object at a shatter block (sides and flats) and then they will.... shatter.

Oh, that's a good idea. And we could have linedef flags determine whether the block shatters on contact with the player, pushable objects, or both.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back