What do you think about having a stage 2 for Sonic's run cycle?

do you know how much effort goes into just one of these animations let alone five minimum
not enough to be worth it, that's what.

I’m guessing that stage 2 of the running cycle is the Sonic CD running animation for Sonic, which in this case although as cool as that would be, like mentioned above, spriting even just one of these would be so time consuming, let alone the other 5 characters as well. Even with the time, it’s just not worth.

Also just for sonic? Why not add 'Stage 2' running for all the other characters?

But i digress, whilst i like the idea of stage 2 running frames, its alot of work for another set of frames. The current animations are great as they are too so i doubt it would even be considered.

I know just dreaming, because I was playing Sonic Mania the other day.

yea we just can't expect the spriters to make five more animations for each of the characters
even if it's only four frames and just five animations mirrored that's still a lot to put on them all of a sudden
the two stages we have now is fine, but at the least we could get another phase with the same walking animation sped up.

yea we just can't expect the spriters to make five more animations for each of the characters
even if it's only four frames and just five animations mirrored that's still a lot to put on them all of a sudden
the two stages we have now is fine, but at the least we could get another phase with the same walking animation sped up.

No it would be for just Sonic and only Sonic like in Mania.

What's the point in a dash animation if Sonic can't run any faster than 36fu/t in the first place?

I would, but I don't have the time for that.

Exactly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Besides, there’s not many parts in SRB2 that allow you to withdraw and maintain that sort of speed. Many players wouldn’t even see this animation.

No it would be for just Sonic and only Sonic like in Mania.

Also I’m pretty sure that everyone in Sonic Mania has a stage 2 running cycle. Sonic having the most noticeable one having his “infinite sign” running animation, Tails leaning more towards in his flying, Not sure what Knuckles’ is, and Mighty and Ray running more in tune to the game they are based off. (with their hand in front of them while running)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back