Resource icon

SuperColors for 2.2

After seeing the new skin colors in 2.2, I decided to update my old SuperColors script from 2.1 to 2.2.

This new version includes an updated look for most of the old colors, as well as many new ones, as well as a changelog within the script.

Information on how to use the script is sent in the console when added, or you can use 'supercolor help' to view the command's usage.

Attachments

• srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,791
  • srb20006.jpg
    srb20006.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,785
  • srb20007.jpg
    srb20007.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,289
  • srb20008.jpg
    srb20008.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • srb20009.jpg
    srb20009.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,216
  • srb20011.jpg
    srb20011.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,079
  • VL_SuperColors-v5.1.lua
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,972
Last edited:
I've never used SuperColors, i might give it a try when some of my friends are hosting, i didn't either like when it was on 2.1, but i dont hate it either!

SuperColors v4.1 released

It was brought to my attention recently (as I'm unable to test in multiplayer) that using the command will send the output to other players' consoles. I have, at the very least, attempted to fix this bug. From what my limited testing shows, the suggested fix works in place of the old system. However, if the initial messages sent when the script is first added get resent when a player joins, then that will still happen.

Last edited:
I noticed that custom super colors don't apply to Fang, when they should be able to be used for any characters that happen to support it. It works as intended for everyone else, however. (P.S., SuperSilver is one of my favorites to use. :3)

It should be noted that I happen to have a version of this lua that has support for Fang. It's in V4.2, which, to my understanding, is the current non-MB version.

GliderTheGliscor: It should be noted that I happen to have a version of this lua that has support for Fang. It's in V4.2, which, to my understanding, is the current non-MB version.
I also happen to have this updated lua, but to my knowledge it may be an unofficial patch, explaining why it isn't on the MB.

So, from my testing fang doesn't have super? So I wouldn't expect fang to be supported, unless there's an addon that gives him support?

If that's the case, the addon may not apply his colors the same as the others.

That said, if it is set up like the others, then I'm not sure as even customs should have support. I'll definitely look more into it

If any of you don't mind, may I ask where you're getting a 4.2?

So, from my testing fang doesn't have super? So I wouldn't expect fang to be supported, unless there's an addon that gives him support?

If that's the case, the addon may not apply his colors the same as the others.

That said, if it is set up like the others, then I'm not sure as even customs should have support. I'll definitely look more into it

If any of you don't mind, may I ask where you're getting a 4.2?
I myself got the 4.2 from a server literally called "SRB2 Server", which is the vanilla server title. I don't remember who the host was, but in short I got it from a random server. Also, there are indeed scripts that give Fang super support. He uses a set base super color set, however.

Last edited:
Any chance I could get this file to look into? Also what file gives him a form, so I could look into it better and try to support it?

Any chance I could get this file to look into? Also what file gives him a form, so I could look into it better and try to support it?

The lua that happens to give him a super form comes from here: https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45712

Also, I uploaded the file (which is "VL_SuperColors-v4.2.lua") onto my MEGA Cloud Drive. It can be found here: https://mega.nz/fm/Y7ARBAJA

Edit 2/18/20: Turns out I posted the wrong link by mistake. Here's the actual link to the file: https://mega.nz/#!92QEhCbT!Etk-8rxPBAl3xzKM_TZjhzkq7BlV8mJsg3f9wkcCTxA

Last edited:
So the mega link didn't work when I tried it, but on the official version it looks like fang just uses a flash rather than a color? I'll look into checking his color to manually affect it. I'll do what I can to add support.

Edit: Update: I've thrown together a script to check his colors and now have support for Fang in the script: It's added for the next update I have planned.

That said, if anyone can get it to me, I'd really like to see what this unofficial version changes to see if it's something that should have been patched myself.

Last edited:
I figured it'd be easier to just put up the file as an attachment, so you won't have to struggle on finding it. It can be found below:

Attachments

• VL_SuperColors-v4.2.lua
    100.3 KB · Views: 213
SuperColors v5.0 released

SuperColors v5.0 is now out!

I've added support for Fang, added some new colors, and gave the color list categories.

To view a category use 'SuperColor <category name>'.

Categories are now listed when using 'SuperColor list'.

Hmm, not sure, I updated super lua to v4 and tested it, and it worked just fine for me. Maybe there's a conflict with another file you have? See if it works with just super lua and SuperColors.

I tried redownloading it and just added the super colors. Using Pandora's Box I enabled super but it still doesn't
srb20016.gif

Edit: I was testing other colors and for some reason only BlackandWhite works

srb20017.gif

Last edited:
Black and white overrides the way super normally works, which tells me Fang's colors aren't getting registered as one of the colors that normally gets checked.

Can you run the attached script? It shouldn't need SuperColors to run.

It should spam a series of numbers to the console, just turn Fang super and let it output for a few seconds, then pause the game and open the console. It should show a bunch of numbers, but it should be the same five numbers repeating. If it works, just tell me the numbers and I'll see if they're different from what's in the script.

Attachments

• CurrentColor.lua
    94 bytes · Views: 204
Black and white overrides the way super normally works, which tells me Fang's colors aren't getting registered as one of the colors that normally gets checked.

Can you run the attached script? It shouldn't need SuperColors to run.

It should spam a series of numbers to the console, just turn Fang super and let it output for a few seconds, then pause the game and open the console. It should show a bunch of numbers, but it should be the same five numbers repeating. If it works, just tell me the numbers and I'll see if they're different from what's in the script.

I did that and this is what I got
+efRR0Gk3iCAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
unknown.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back