My, how things change....

Has the internet made you a different person?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amyrose

Wow, it's been a while. Recently, as I've gone forum to forum, learning more and more, a startling realization came to my mind. I'm becoming a whole different person online. I know just as well as you guys do that when I first joined this place, I was an emo, and somewhat noobish goof. Yet today, as I think about it....I'm a mod in another forum, my netgames are waited for like christmas is coming, and really, people in general seem to have taken to me more these days.
It's the oddest thing, but heres the question-Has the internet changed you as a person? If yes, please, explain.

Blizzard T. said:
In real life, I used to be quite shy. I noticed that over time that I've been here, I got more talkative IRL.

Sure, it sounds weird, but it's true.

Exactly. Thats what happened to me in a nutshell. I hinestly can say that the internet opened me up a bit. Now, my mom wants to chuck out the computer, because I "get too flipping chatty about them games of mine"
Them games of mine....right...

supersonic45 said:
It has- it made me like MMORPGs.

AAAGH!!! SAVE YOURSELVES BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE! It's been slowly dragging me back to the evil RuneScape!

Seriously, it's made me more talkative.

Heh, this game is becoming (if not already become) my social life.

Which is kind of sad in a way, but true...

amyrose said:
Wow, it's been a while. Recently, as I've gone forum to forum, learning more and more, a startling realization came to my mind. I'm becoming a whole different person online.
It's called maturity. <.<

amyrose said:
I know just as well as you guys do that when I first joined this place, I was an emo, and somewhat noobish goof. Yet today, as I think about it....I'm a mod in another forum,
Seeing as the admins have a supreme lack of common sense there, I give you no credit.

amyrose said:
my netgames are waited for like christmas is coming, and really, people in general seem to have taken to me more these days.
It's the oddest thing, but heres the question-Has the internet changed you as a person? If yes, please, explain.
Meh. I can write better in English class now. :P

Quick question pal....do you ever post anything nice in my posts....
What is it you hate about me?
And besides...I didn't even say what forum i'm a mod in.
Oh, and one more thing. everything you typed (except for the grammar/english thing) is nothing more than opinion....

Well when I first got on the internet it changed me too. I was quite shy and hardly ever talked because at school because to my "freinds" if I said more than 10 sentances I talked to much. However when I got on the internet I quickly matured. I learned many things all over the internet, especially the wikipedia. The first real freind I met over srb2 was amyrose.

While I'd say that the internet helping you "grow up" is just normal old matruity, it's weird having the internet as a parallel.

Namely, there's definately two different social classes on here. It's kinda odd how logic, something that seems yo have such a simple difference in real life, can cause such a huge rift.

Then on the other end of the spectrum, the people in real life who are such nice people can type like crap, which would set them on the lower social class.

Crazy world we live in.

Cheese said:
supersonic45 said:
It has- it made me like MMORPGs.

AAAGH!!! SAVE YOURSELVES BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE! It's been slowly dragging me back to the evil RuneScape!

Seriously, it's made me more talkative.
RuneScape isn't *that* bad. I'm realy more interested in other games.

Fishook said:
I learned to hate on Edge...On Edge (XD) for 'its' rudeness
I learned to ignore people's post and look at what I want to read(Hence the reason I "Rush read" rules on forums now).

Fish hook said:
Yes.

I learned to hate on Edge...On Edge (XD) for 'its' rudeness!

Seriously now,
I became a b**ch hermit.

Now, I don't hate on edge, i respect him for speakig his mind, I just wish he'd treat me a little nicer...
It's not like I'm a noob, is all.

• My attitude's changed in good ways and some bad ways over the internet. I used to flame people for no reason, except out of anger and frustration. But now I try to keep peaceful conversations here. The internet's also inspired my creativity. A comic book that I'll be working on right now is Sonic & the Giant Flies from Satturn. Sound's funny, no?
  • P.S. Mr. Friend of the Entire World has left the building.

Blizzard T. said:
In real life, I used to be quite shy. I noticed that over time that I've been here, I got more talkative IRL.

Sure, it sounds weird, but it's true.

Me too. I remember playing srb2 online one day, then I met sora, and kari, and omega (not the one who hosts death by pixle). And then blizzard T and I became friends after I departed from my old team. And now im flaming halo fans all over the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back