• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Which Program do you think I should use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Corliss

~=Fighter=~
Im thinking of making some Character Wads, but I need to know which program is best for Windows XP. My mother's computer has Windows 2000, but its been having problems and I doubt I'll be able to use that. :? Heck, I haven't even been able to download the newest version of SRB2 on there! so can someone help me please? :|

XWE doesn't work at all for me, always corrupts my wads. I suggest SRB2WE (outdated, but still pretty useful) or SlumpED for generic WADding, then SRB2 Builder for mapping.

SlumpED doesn't have an option to turn auto capitalization off though. That is the only reason why I use XWE to edit character wads.

There's a sticky here in the editing forum.

Also guys, I've asked SlumpED's creator to add in SRB2 specific stuff, he says he might add it but it's very low priority right now.

furyhunter600 said:
XWE doesn't work at all for me, always corrupts my wads. I suggest SRB2WE (outdated, but still pretty useful) or SlumpED for generic WADding, then SRB2 Builder for mapping.

then your not using the XWE Beta with the "dont auto-capitalize lumps" feature...

That doesn't fix every problem XWE has, sometimes it (the beta version) crashes for no reason. Once I had it changed most of my images to hexidecimal when I was trying to change something in the objectcfg.

EDIT: Look at the stickies Ashura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back