Is it possible to put 2.1 mods into the mobile port of srb2 v2.2?

Basic Bronze Sonic

Barely active MB member, active on Discord/Twitter
Now I know that someone asked a question similar to this one but let me explain why I'm asking this.
you see when ever I try to put a 2.1 mod into the mobile port of srb2 for version 2.2 I would get an error of some sort which would usually say something about a cycle going wrong but I can't be specific because it would always be something different everytime so I want to know if it's possible to put a 2.1 mod into the mobile port of srb2 for version 2.2 without using stuff like Slade or zone builder because Slade and zone builder aren't usable on mobile devices.

The only way to put 2.1 mods into the mobile port of 2.2 is the same way to put 2.1 mods into the regular version of 2.2: you have to properly port the mods so that they match the formatting of 2.2, which I've never done but have heard can be quite tedious to do. You're really better off trying some of the numerous mods that are available for 2.2.

My response to your response

The only way to put 2.1 mods into the mobile port of 2.2 is the same way to put 2.1 mods into the regular version of 2.2: you have to properly port the mods so that they match the formatting of 2.2, which I've never done but have heard can be quite tedious to do. You're really better off trying some of the numerous mods that are available for 2.2.

hmm... I recall seeing a thread that said that 2.1 mods kinda work in 2.2 but stuff like textures or whatever won't appear or music wouldn't play right so I wanna know if you can just straight up put the mod into the mobile port and just deal with all those issues in-game.

No you can't. It's not that easy and likely never will be that easy. Some mods may work slightly but it does not matter what port it is, if it's a different version, it won't work right, ports don't change anything about that.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back