Fixed [2.1.15] F4, F5 and F7 menu shortcuts can all by-pass the Single Player pause menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
The following gif shows what I mean quite clearly (example showcases F7, the Options menu shortcut):

srb20080.gif

Among other things, this apparently allows bots to get into multiplayer gametypes (even netgames, so I'm told), if you exit SP through this bug while playing as Sonic & Tails.

Last edited by a moderator:
This bug is critical and should be fixed in my opinion as this kind of menu can pause the game like in single player while being online for both as host and client. Also the normal multiplayer menu pauses the game too when this bug was executed once.
6sZrGf7.gif
But I don't know how it behaves in a real netgame though because I have not tested it in a real netgame (and I won't).

If you've never tested it, then how would you know how it works in a real netgame? Even if you're right, it's still really easy to test something like this. Even if you didn't want to do it on a public server, you could've hosted your own and instructed a friend on what to do.

I proved my self wrong

If you've never tested it, then how would you know how it works in a real netgame?
If you take a close look at the GIF you will see that i had hosted a server (not on the master server though). So I know that this will work in a netgame.

you could've hosted your own and instructed a friend on what to do.
Okay, persuaded. I tested it with two friends and here are the results:

3 Players: Me (Host) and 2 fiends (clients).
When I executed this bug: game crashed with an error (see spoiler below) the other two got obviously connection timeouted.
When one of my friends did it: game froze on my side for a few seconds. Then it said: "[Playername] left the game (Connection timeout)" and the game continued normaly with 2 Players. On my friends side he got the same error.
BVtDp2v.png
With that my thoughts suggesting this to be harmfull are proved false (exept for the huge spikelag letting the game freeze for a few seconds). However, I can remember that SRB2 2.0.x asked to end the game before searching for other servers on the master server. Bringing this back to 2.1 would fix this problem at least but not the whole menu thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back