• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Music Remaster Project

I'm not so sure that would work.. Sometimes a different sound is used depending on the velocity of the note, previous notes pressed, factors like that. It's not just straight up wav sampling.

Plus I don't have time to record an octave of each of the instruments. x_x You're looking at 240+ just for the X5DR alone.

Use eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=korg+x5d&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Oh, I meant just the drums (the snares alone would be nice), not the actual pitch instruments. But I understand if that's too much work, thanks anyway.

Last edited:
If you want to make my life easy, make a MIDI that plays everything you want. Then I just gotta play the midi and record it.

I can do a program change, just hit the notes.

BTW, it won't be perfect, as the sounds actually ALSO change depending on how hard you hit the note.

Honestly, just the snares of some of your more commonly used drumsets would do. I'd make a midi of that, but I don't know what the program changes would be for your synth.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Arid Canyon Zone 2:
http://sapphirecontrol.net/music/vg/srb2-acz2.mp3

And the piano solo separate, because Spazzo asked for it:
http://sapphirecontrol.net/music/vg/acz-piano.mp3

What I do is I take a MIDI and I throw it into FLStudio, replace the MIDI instruments with a soundfont's instruments (examples here and here) and I either use the Stereo Mix option or record them via plugging a double-headed headphone jack into my headphone slot and my line-in slot on my computer and record them into Audacity, however I usually only post these to my friends.

* All Songs are Appropriate, but GFZ's Song is not !!
* Didn't expect that RVZ2's Song is a Remaster for Old RVZ2 :D
* Super Sneakers is fully Appropriate !!
* DSZ1's Music isn't Really Appropriate (Needs to be More Dramatic)

Last edited:
Fun fact: the melody for this Super Sonic theme is actually a very subtle set of variations on GFZ's motif.

I'm slowly patching up some old works and creating loop points for the oggs. If you see an ogg link next to a song in the first post, that means I've just updated it.

I am loving the Super Sonic theme, it does stuff that many would have loved for a sizable number of the Super Sonic themes to have done.

I have yet to give the other themes a listen other than GFZ1, which I find as a nice listen so far.

Well, my spring break is officially over; thus ends my mass production session. I decided now is a good time to compile what I've got into a WAD for mass consumption. Download here.

I also took the liberty of normalizing all of ERZ's tunes. Now you can play through the entire game without continually having to adjust your volume!

The only tune that isn't in the wad right now is the Super Sneakers theme, because my conversion program made the ogg lossy and frankly I didn't like my rendition anyway. If you want it in your game, just download the mp3 and use a file converter to turn it into an ogg.

In the future, the wad I plan to post in the submissions forum will have the following tune replacements:

* GFZII
* DSZII
* CEZI
* CEZII
* Boss
* Jingles?
* Maybe more depending on time constraints and inspiration

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back