• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

325335srb20000.gif

So, because I'm a newbie at Lua I turned that gauge into a speed-up when it is full.
Even if it doesn't seem so, Sonic's speed is slighty raised, just a little, it isn't cheated but is usefull.
For the moment it gives to the player an exact speed and overpowers slow players like Tails.

Can this kind of "first Lua script" get trough the submissions?

So, because I'm a newbie at Lua I turned that gauge into a speed-up when it is full.
Even if it doesn't seem so, Sonic's speed is slighty raised, just a little, it isn't cheated but is usefull.
For the moment it gives to the player an exact speed and overpowers slow players like Tails.

Can this kind of "first Lua script" get trough the submissions?[/QUOTE]
Probably. Likely, as long as it functions. But for fun, have it act differently for different characters.

But for fun, have it act differently for different characters.

I could totally see this working based off player abilities, such as characters that can fly receiving extended flight time if the gauge was filled, or having characters with a double jump receive an extra jump.

not that there's anything wrong with a little speedboost or anything

I could totally see this working based off player abilities, such as characters that can fly receiving extended flight time if the gauge was filled, or having characters with a double jump receive an extra jump.

not that there's anything wrong with a little speedboost or anything

For the moment, it only works on Sonic Tails and Knuckles even if I have a lot of troubles for Tails!

I do not know how to raise the fly time (unless by Maincfg) and changing the actionspd, which is supposed to make his flight going more fast or something does absolutely nothing!

As for Knuckles, he just glides faster (for the moment)

To be honest, it needs work. The body was left untouched for the most part and I don't think I need to reiterate why sonic.plr sucks. The head feels small and compressed. This is mainly due to the shrinkage of the ears, eyes, and muzzle. The muzzle is not properly AA'd causing it to look rough at the edges and curves. The side quills are waayyyy too far back/not visible. This quill position only makes sense in running frame. Just make the quills more visible.

I do like the usage of blue. The colors make more sense then sonic.plr

I made the gloves a tad too dark, but other than that what sticks out as out of style to you?

Also srb2 has so many "styles" to it that it's ludicrous. SSN's downsampled hand drawings, straight-up pixel art, Blade's strange hybrid, and CG rendered objects :x

Thank you tho. After tomorrow I should have more of these done.

http://fat.gfycat.com/DisguisedFragrantBasilisk.gif
http://fat.gfycat.com/BriskPresentAnophelesmosquito.gif

I dunno. I was running kinda low on ideas for my other map and I've been playing special stages a fair bit lately, so I felt like making one to get a handle on how they work. Banged a short one out in two days and had a bit of fun with it. I might add some polish and put it in Releases, or I might not.

Wow nice, much better looking than ACZS at least.

Why am I doing this? Please, somebody tell me why.
iGXvdPY.png

Sorry the sprite is so small, if I enlarged it, it would get rid of the little bit of shading I added. (YES, SANIC CAN LOOK FANCY.)

I like Jasper's more.

Chimera, the style I'm referring to is Chuckles.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back