Suggestions

Have TAILSPICKUP be disabled by default in Race and *cough* Competitive gametypes, and enabled in all other gametypes, in some small effort to ease the complaining that your opponents in these modes are ghosts.
Tails pickup is a valid strategy in both by confusing your opponents and giving you a clear shot at them!

How about you hurt people that you jump/spin into? Sounds crazy, I know, but it works.

Help rings.

Basically players who aren't doing well will receive a certain amount of rings at the beginning of the round.

Options:
Loser
Even
Off (default)

Loser: Players will get a certain amount of rings depending on their standing in the last round.

Even: Every player starts with 10 or more rings.

Have TAILSPICKUP be disabled by default in Race and *cough* Competitive gametypes, and enabled in all other gametypes, in some small effort to ease the complaining that your opponents in these modes are ghosts.
Haha, you all missed the point. You can't pick anyone up in these modes, he means that by turning them off you can bump into your enemies. Wow, you people!

Dude. You are blind. Where did I say it should be disabled in coop? At all?

Right here, where I just realized you didn't properly read my original retort :S
Do...do y'all read?

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

You can't pick anyone up in these modes, he means that by turning them off you can bump into your enemies. Wow, you people!
I got that, but you can in fact pick them up last I checked, which is why I was opposed to the idea.

No. You can't.

srb20078.png

I've been thinking that the spin button could be used for not so different actions, just to have little varieties compared to many characters. For the S_SKIN, I thought that there could be two attributes:

spindash = X

0 = Nothing happens when you hold the spin button while standing
1 = The character spindashes normally
2 = The character charges the peel out (uses running animation), the more you charge, the fastest you start to run (using peel out won't harm badniks in anyway, it's just for speed)
3 = Pressing the spin button while standing makes the character slide/spin a little forward (uses spinning animations), useful to get through places that requires spinning to get through. Using it will be like using a very low charged spindash.
4 = Same as 3, the difference is that it won't break anything and you get hurt if you try doing it on a badnik. Still useful to get under small places.

spin = X

0 = Pressing the spin button while running will not do anything
1 = The character can spin while running (it's not obligatory to have the spindash to do it)

I heard that the Combi-ring was in 1.09.4, but got removed. Would it be a bad thing to put it back? It'd probably be really fun to use, especially in a coop game with many players. The characters don't have to have any ring holding sprites, just that beam of sparkling light should hold them together like in Chaotix. Each player could choose a partner to play through the level with. Except, with no team attacks and holding launches. Also, for situations such as spindash caves, players should be able to press the ring toss button to shoot back to their partner (Allowing them to go through walls of course), but only 1 of the 2 partners should be able to do this at a time. When one player dies, the chain breaks until the other catches up again and bumps into the other player, then they get automatically combi'd again.How could he Combi-ring be activated? By cheats of course. In the console, the admin or server could input "combi Iceman404 to Player 3" which would link the players together. "Combi off" would disable the combi for all players immediately. I asked many people this in the Standard, and Casual server, and they all agreed it would be an interesting feature to add. Except, if it's even possible to do in the first place.

EDIT: By the way, I know the rubber band physics aren't possible.

Last edited:
No. You can't.
Then we need to add that back in, because you definitely could in 1.09.4.

Either way, solid players just isn't a good idea. Collision detection with other objects is just really awkward in SRB2, and it would probably be even more awkward when two people thokking into each other just come to a dead stop with nothing happening to either.

Turning the mace sound off

<EzerArch|NotAway> If I set a bunch of them (4 or 6 at the same place), either the game lags horribly or the jump sound gets muted.
<EzerArch|NotAway> In Mill Citadel Zone 2 it happens a lot.
Check a thing flag, and the mace sound won't be played.

srb20789.png

Last edited:
Development - Print the XYZ coords and sector number where the player is at on log file

When I'm testing a level for someone, or I want to post a review for OLDC, I'm used to post the coords or sector numbers to tell where an error is or to say what part of the map should receive improvements.

I type the command and it prints on console (also in the log) "X=.... Y=.... Z=...., Sector #....", and then I copy and paste the coords somewhere. This could be useful when you're not able to post screenshots (with Devmode ON) every time.

Last edited:
Sector Effect - Mirror

It makes the floor a mirror.

We'll need a whole new render than, probably. I don't think the old Doom Legacy engine is capable of that, but ZDoom sure is... in OpenGL mode. Wall mirrors can be used in Software however, but again, this is only in ZDoom.

We'll need a whole new render than, probably. I don't think the old Doom Legacy engine is capable of that, but ZDoom sure is... in OpenGL mode. Wall mirrors can be used in Software however, but again, this is only in ZDoom.
Change it to an FOF mirror that makes a reflection of mobjs below it, and you make the reflected sectors manually? This could also be used for ghosts above the mirror by placing them under it, which would be soooo coool

Give us a real continue system. The current one is dated and doesn't even follow the old games' method of rewarding the player for doing well in special stages and finishing acts quickly.

There is NO continue system in SRB2. You get one continue at the start of the game and that's it, there's no way to ever earn more. I'm assuming this is going to change once all the special stages get replaced.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back