Resource icon

[Character] Arrietty (my OC) joins SRB2 Kart! (Bug Fix update. v2.2)

Arrietty

Smol
attachment.php

Originally began as a sprite commission Sharb/Renhoex did for me. I ended up doing slight touches on it to my liking after they have completed the sprite work. Eventually... it got out of hand and it ended up snowballing into a more ambitious SRB2 Kart skin (even as far as recreating practically nearly the entire sprite sheet of the character!).

I'm finally happy with the results of my character's skin for SRB2 Kart. I hope you all enjoy it! While this is a massive update coming from v1.2 to v2.0 (which was released on twitter but never here), I still have a few more things I want to do in the future, such as voice clips and a OpenGL 3D Model.

Enjoy the character and this little art piece I've commissioned a friend (Tracker_TD) to do relating to this release!

attachment.php

Changelog:

February 1st, 2022 v2.2
-I had thought I've fixed the sound bug but it turns out the sound files were never updated properly, so I double checked the new changes this time and the sound bug should be fixed now. Enjoy!

July 31st, 2020 v2.1
-Fixed alleged bug where she'd mess up the audio of the game because the blank sounds were markers instead of proper empty sound files.

Attachments

• kart0041.gif
    kart0041.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 272
  • kart0037.png
    kart0037.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 5,422
  • kart0042.png
    kart0042.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 240
  • kart0057.png
    kart0057.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 261
  • kart0053.png
    kart0053.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Arr_Kart.jpg
    Arr_Kart.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3,742
  • KC_Arrietty_v2.2.pk3
    509 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
You did it, Arri!

I've been seeing your updates on Discord every now and then and I gotta say it looks great! Congrats on finally releasing her!

Hey there, I would love to host this character on my public server but there's a slight issue with the character's sounds are messed up and are markers in the file. This causes her to play nothing and consume all the audio around her. i was wondering if you could fix this on your end or if i could get permission to edit it myself with blank noise?

Hey there, I would love to host this character on my public server but there's a slight issue with the character's sounds are messed up and are markers in the file. This causes her to play nothing and consume all the audio around her. i was wondering if you could fix this on your end or if i could get permission to edit it myself with blank noise?

I will do an immediate update, thanks for pointing this out. I've never had this bug before but I see all the blank sounds being markers. Yikes.

EDIT: What happens if I just remove those markers. Would it fix it? Or do I need an actual blank sound file.

EDIT2: I do believe I fixed it! Uploaded now.

Initial D:Weeb Stage
She's not weeby! :p

Last edited:
I got reports that the sound bug I thought I've fixed in the last update were still happening, so here is a new fix, even making sure the sound files aren't 0kb blank files. Hopefully that is the end of it!

Versions below v2.2 will have the terrible sound bug that screws with the game's audio so update right away!

I do plan to make a new update in the future with improved sprites and hopefully voice clips!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back