Resource icon
Hello everyone; its your friendly neighborhood creepy old guy who sleeps on the sidewalk! Here with a port of my very, very old mappack that I made back in the day featuring: Splash Hill Zone, Manray Zone, and Glyphic Canyon!

Splash Hill Zone for those of you who don't know, was my very first map made in SRB2! And recently, a portleg of it was circulating Youtube and giving me bad rep; as the port itself was poorly made. I appreciate the efforts made to porting them, I honestly didn't even think people wanted to play them at all, but at the end of the day, please at least ask for permission before porting my levels that are stated to not be redistributable. Especially if the port is done wrong.

* What's New?
- Splash Hill Zone and Manray are now entirely connected; no more dumb teleports!
- Splash Hill Zone and Manray have both gotten visual and level design upgrades
- Manray Zone has nearly doubled in size since last release
- OpenGL works in this port, unlike the terrible one floating around YouTube!
- Camera bug fixes

Attachments

• srb20164.png
    srb20164.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,576
  • srb20165.png
    srb20165.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,096
  • srb20166.png
    srb20166.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,080
  • srb20168.png
    srb20168.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 917
  • srb20169.png
    srb20169.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 731
  • srb20171.png
    srb20171.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 746
  • srb20173.png
    srb20173.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 676
  • srb20174.png
    srb20174.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 742
  • srb20177.png
    srb20177.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 901
  • S_SplashHillPack_v1.wad.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 14,693
What a blast from the past! I loved playing these levels way back when. Your maps are always super fun to play! :)

Some critiques... In Manray Zone you're still using the crumbling rock effects for when the player destroys bustable FoFs. IIRC 2.2 introduced an ice variant where the busted FoFs have a shattered ice effect instead of crumbling rocks. Try using that for Manray Zone's bustable ice FoFs!

Also, is the emerald hunt really necessary in Glyphic Canyon. Due to the nature of that gametype, I noticed that I missed out on a vast majority of the stage in my first playthrough of this mod due to the emeralds all spawning in pretty early into the stage. I think Glyphic Canyon would work better as a normal SP stage rather than an emerald hunt.

Glad to see this is back! Welcome to Releases!

It's good to finnaly play a new level pack.
I sometimes get tired of playing the same one all the time.
seeing a new one it's pretty good.

Good job buddy, keep going!

Well, I did not think that they would still port this pack. I only found out about it now and decided to protest. Manray Zone has been improved in appearance, I liked it. Added slops, which is also good, although not everywhere. It is not clear why the teleport moments were removed everywhere except Glyphic Canyon Zone. And the maces textures have not yet been replaced with modern ones. I would also advise you to reconsider the location of things in the same Manray Zone. How nice that you tried so hard and made my morning.

Im sorry

I was the original person that ported the original map into 2.2, I really wanted to port the map due to my love to splash hill, i really didn't want the ported wad to become popular because it was just some dumb port i made for fun, i had given the wad to some of my friends in a discord server and then boom the wad became popular due to one of my friends being a youtuber, the splash hill port had become popular around the youtube srb2 community, and then inazuma called me out for porting the map without permission and i felt guilty, the port is deleted from mediafire and i deleted the wad from my addons folder, i just came here to say sorry and i hope you give me mercy. (sorry for bad grammar)

Last edited:
I was the original person that ported the original map into 2.2, I really wanted to port the map due to my love to splash hill, i really didn't want the ported wad to become popular because it was just some dumb port i made for fun, i had given the wad to some of my friends in a discord server and then boom the wad became popular due to one of my friends being a youtuber, the splash hill port had become popular around the youtube srb2 community, and then inazuma called me out for porting the map without permission and i felt guilty, the port is deleted from mediafire and i deleted the wad from my addons folder, i just came here to say sorry and i hope you give me mercy. (sorry for bad grammar)

Its alright, all is forgiven. The thing that irked me was how you were asking for credit, and all the big youtubers were crediting you as the creator of the entire wad, which felt like you have stolen something from me. You can always approach me in the future and ask for stuff to be ported; I'm on discord if you want to talk. ordomandalore#9846

Well, it was a bit of a strange experience. I didn't like the fact that in 2D mode there are simply no rings in some moments.

Holy Jesus, I can walk on water!

ZRrvLVP.png

What it is?

dW7U7im.png

Such errors are constantly encountered at levels. Some random textures in random places.

Mxh0INQ.png

Okay, I understand that this is a port. But still, you should have indicated that the Fang cannot pass it.

En3jagi.png

Also, ice does not have the physics of ice. I don't slide on it.

I would like this park to have customdata because after passing I am switching to THZ2 which is weird.

I will not say that this is something bad. This is a port of old maps and is a pleasure to play.

I actually found a glitch, when i was messing around with modern sonic and then died, and got to the checkpoint i got, the 2D section is now 3D! is there any way to fix this issue?

Attachments

• srb20138.gif
    srb20138.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 924
I actually found a glitch, when i was messing around with modern sonic and then died, and got to the checkpoint i got, the 2D section is now 3D! is there any way to fix this issue?

That can happen with any character, also if you want go back to 2D, touch the checkpoint again

this isnt a huge issue (as you have to go completely out of your way to accomplish this) but you can softlock in manray zone as nonspins:

// softlock at 1:30

good mod,but in the emerald hunt level,u can change that into a normal level,still great mod i like the speed parts :)

Music is broken for me. Splash Hill's music is Glyphic Canyon's music, Manray zone's music is Splash Hill's music and Glyphic Canyon doesn't have music at all. Please help me.

Music is broken for me. Splash Hill's music is Glyphic Canyon's music, Manray zone's music is Splash Hill's music and Glyphic Canyon doesn't have music at all. Please help me.
Its broken for me too.
The glitch Pepermint said was real,and so was this screenshot of Splash Hill's ending in 3D.
srb20000.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone; its your friendly neighborhood creepy old guy who sleeps on the sidewalk! Here with a port of my very, very old mappack that I made back in the day featuring: Splash Hill Zone, Manray Zone, and Glyphic Canyon!

Splash Hill Zone for those of you who don't know, was my very first map made in SRB2! And recently, a portleg of it was circulating Youtube and giving me bad rep; as the port itself was poorly made. I appreciate the efforts made to porting them, I honestly didn't even think people wanted to play them at all, but at the end of the day, please at least ask for permission before porting my levels that are stated to not be redistributable. Especially if the port is done wrong.

* What's New?
- Splash Hill Zone and Manray are now entirely connected; no more dumb teleports!
- Splash Hill Zone and Manray have both gotten visual and level design upgrades
- Manray Zone has nearly doubled in size since last release
- OpenGL works in this port, unlike the terrible one floating around YouTube!
- Camera bug fixes
It's really good but can you please fix the music the splash hill music has canyons music manray zones music is splash hill music and canyon zones music has no music

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back