This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

StarManiaKG

I Develtop Things :)
Hey, you! Yeah, you! Are you interested in killing People?
Are you interested in probably committing several crimes and possibly making your friends upset at you?
No? Yes?

Well, in any case, Welcome to Deathrun!

Deathrun, first established in the popular mod by Garry, sees the runners needing to avoid obstacles set by the trappers in order to reach the end. This mod, as such, aims to recreate that gamemode within Sonic Robo Blast 2.​

Version 1: Coming Soon
Version 0.1: Initial Release.
Version 0.2: After disappearing for a month or two I decided to update this mod again, and will continue to do so in the next few weeks. The first part of three updates I'm planning is already here, Version 0.2. This update improves that old broken lua system from before maybe, adds new features, and fixes bugs as well. In the next update, I plan to include some new things, which include:
A new map if I have time and patience as my computer belongs in a garbage dump and needs to be recycled, Ability Nerfs and Abiltiy Cooldowns, and some major bug fixes and new features.

Attachments

• srb20002.gif
    7.8 MB · Views: 1,767
  • srb20004-min.gif
    srb20004-min.gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 1,464
  • srb20003-min.gif
    srb20003-min.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,156
  • ZML_DeathRun_Level-v0.2.zip
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,156
Last edited:
alright, its been... about 3 months by now. As long as a match can finally be finished without any actual error messages or anything like that, its fine. It can go into releases now.

This gamemode.. Doesn't work with more than two people. I tried to host this earlier with a server size of about 7.
Whenever one person on blue dies, the entire game ends for everyone, going right to intermission.
It seems completely random being able to change teams.. And even then, doing so seems to, end the game for everyone too.
These two options are, immensely lethal for playing in groups more than four.
However, personally I don't think this, works with how it's set up. That sounds confusing, right, so let me explain.

Abilities are immensely overpowered, being able to skip nearly, all the level. This cooldown thing doesn't seem to, do anything from what I've attempted but even if it did, I personally don't think it'd be fair for Blue Team, since the whole things is that you have 1 life and no power, making it an incredibly tough challenge, which, at least in my opinion, is the point.
Team Balancing, it really has to go. Having more balanced out teams is, a big no for this mode. It can make it, incredibly unfun for Red Team as now many players will, just not have anything to do. Perhaps 12-1 Blue - Red?
The (As of the time of posting, only) Map included.. Feels a bit short, and somewhat confusing. Most of it can just be skipped over using Gliding or Floating, etc. The map seems it would end quickly, regardless of if one person died or not. And the ending..? I did not understand the ending, at all. From what I assume.. Red team would have to push a button to allow Blue Team to win? But if that's so, why? Couldn't Red just stall out the timer and then avoid a loss as a result? Some traps also have the chance to break or never work again or, sometimes work again? The falling one with two buttons, couldn't you just keep the platform down and not respawn it? If you want an effect to be reusable more, reliably, I suggest using a fof as the button instead, having it lower past the floor and then rise back up after a delay.

I do believe these problems are, holding it back from being, playable. Which, sucks, Deathrun is an incredibly fun mode when done right, and was one of my favourite modes back in my TF2 days. It seems harsh of me to just type so much about, why it doesn't work. But trust me when I say that, this comes from passion to see SRB2 deathrun become, something as incredibly fun as TF2, which although it is unfair to compare the games because they're, very different, speaking from experience of the dumb messes that I've made, I think it's definitely possible to make this, amazing. But as for now, unfortunately, it's broken.

I hope to see this mode improve. And, apologies if this post seems messy.

Hi Again/New Update

So, here I am again. AxewDragon, I want you to know I listened to your requests and reports, and I'm going to do my best to implement and fix them as best as I can. I also hope that part 1 of these three updates hopefully fixes some of the issues you had with this map pack at the beginning. For now, enjoy!

Was about to make my own version of this and realised you already beat me to it, haha! Guess I'll use this instead. How silly of me...

Well, on the plus side, all I need to find are some maps for this which is easier said than done around here. Good work regardless!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back