Super Smash Bros. Mod but Sonic-like for 2.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someday, but maybe not.
3Crx0bp.png

You wouldn't realize how much work is needed to put into a project, such as a Smash Bros. mod, until you start working on it yourself. The closest you'll probably get to an adaptation of this is CobaltBW's Battle Mod. There's a chance for it, but I wouldn't expect it.

Last edited:
Going off what I remember from the Smash Bros. mod, it sounds cool on paper but doesn't play as well as it sounds. And I think the reason for this is that Smash Bros.' core is that of a fighting game; fighting games are supposed to offer a breadth of attacks and also run on the attack/block/grab move triangle, which is what gives Smash Bros. its depth. Sonic's attack mechanism is too basic for that, and its movement is extremely high committal whereas Smash Bros. offers a lot more freedom of movement on a 2D plane.

Now, if all you really want is some kind of game mode where players bash into each other with spin attacks, then Battle Mod's got you covered. It's... similar-ish to Smash Bros.? It's designed to be played 3D levels, but you could try to fool around in some 2D levels if you want a more 'authentic' 2D fighting game experience.

Are you making it?

If you're not, then the answer is no. We aren't in the business of mod requests here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back