• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

KIMOKAWAIII Is My Origin, KIMOKAWAIII Always Waits And Is Intensely Interested

@glaber: You've insulted my honor. Sir, I demand satisfaction! (sorry for the craptastic quality, I haven't used OBS in god knows how long, I dunno how to make it better)

Man, what would even be the point of releasing something that I can't beat myself? And I'm not a bad player so that'd have to be damn near impossible. I made sure Pure Rock was beatable as all vanilla characters, even back when I thought giving a 3-minute death marathon a miserly two checkpoints was a good idea. Why wouldn't I do that again? Sorry if it was hyperbole and I'm taking it literally when I shouldn't, but it irked me.

I get it, you think the boss is still way too hard and that I should make it way easier. I said I'd accomodate, but I can only do that to a certain point. A boss that is too easy is just... boring and unreplayable (who ever touches GFZ3 unless they have to?) and it's not like this boss is the hardest that the game has seen (both forms of Brak are harder, IMO, and that boss pack in Releases has some nasty jerks in it). I'll still see what I can do, but you know.

TAKE THAT!
https://streamable.com/8ajz3

This is my latest attempt to even beat your boss. She's a Spammer with a long invulnerability timer.

I tried to compile some basic thoughts and suggestions on each of the bosses. I didn't have time to learn the intricacies of Soniguri, though, so I'll try to come back to that later.

Aurora Atoll Zone, Act 3 - TehRealSalt & SeventhSentinel
I like how this boss' design makes use of the area in a meaningful way despite being so simple.
I would talk about how easy it is overall and how you can stop the boss from attacking by hitting it, but my understanding is that this is meant to be a first zone boss, so that kind of stuff is to be expected.

True Protagonist - Goldenhog
The big problem I see with this battle is that her attack choices seem completely random, while the attacks themselves have varying degrees of dangerousness.
The walking dolls in particular can swamp the field if she feels like spamming them. I think having some defined timing for them (say, fire once every four attacks?) would help a lot in making the fight feel more fair and consistent.
Also, the projectile dolls are MUCH harder to avoid than the other projectile attacks, especially if she deploys them close to the player. Perhaps some extra delay before they fly off could help here?

Doomsday Disaster - Lat'
I got some kind of bug where everything just became intangible at the start of the boss fight the first time I played. Is that one of those softlocks you mentionned?
The ring drain here feels kind of meaningless. Even in the phase with the two clones, it feels like you can keep going until you get bored.
I personally have a lot of trouble steering Sonic away from the slash attacks quickly and precisely enough, but I made it out fine on my first try, so I guess it's not really a problem.

Dark Stabot - Manimi
The giant snapper simply bumps you away if you hit it from the side, which feels inconsistent. Do you think you could make it into a spike-less variant?
Speaking of the snapper, it's pretty hard to keep up with it. I think it would be better if the roar happened slightly before it started firing its attacks, rather than at the same time.
Also, while I agree that the boss has takes a lot of hits, I think it's fine overall since there are three phases and it doesn't feel like it gets stale.

Confleggrator - 742mph
No matter how hard I try, I can't find anything to bring up about this one. It's simple and effective! Perfectly acceptable boss!

Egg Lasershow - Chaobrother
I think the first attack phase (i.e the time before the boss first emerges) could use some heavy reduction- not only is it a really long phase to start the fight with, but it using almost all the laser patterns that come up later makes the fight overall feel less varied.
You could probably get away with shaving off one or two of the least impressive attack phases, as well. The fight as it is now is really long and drags on a bit, even though the last few phases seem to get pretty intense.
Also, patterns where a lot of lasers go off at once (like the ones where it's the full circle on a particular height) make a really loud noise. Do try to lower that if you can.
[Disclaimer: I didn't actually beat this boss since I died twice >5 minutes in and had other entries to try. Sorry!]

Bobo the Bouncy Boi - TrustyGun
I managed to get stuck in a corner bouncing on the boss until it was down to 1HP once, so you might want to look into preventing that.
It's a fine boss otherwise. It's not THAT intuitive that afterimages mean it's going to hurt you, but it's easy to make the association.

Egg Flambe - glaber
Perhaps you'll want to make it not so trivial to go back to the beginning corridor from the boss room? That's up to you, though.
I think the flamethrower attack should be made much more dangerous when close by. As it is right now, you can combo the boss to death by just strafing around the counterattacks.
The incendiary bombs are prone to falling into the lava, which kind of reduces the attack's potential a lot, but they do a pretty good job when they do go off. Up to you to decide if that's worth doing something about.

Cyber Deton - TSDude
The beeping noises that happen in this battle are terribly, terribly loud. If there's one thing you change about this fight, please make it this.
The way to get the armageddon shields is also not very intuitive; it took me a while to associate that particular beep to the shield-giving fields with all the chaos going on.
Maybe have the map hazards only start kicking in after hitting the boss once so the player can familiarize with that?

Pointy Egg - Badz
What have I created?
I'm currently planning to add more blocks to get out of the water with and to make the exit passage more obvious, plus giving the boss' dash move smoother vertical movement.
Any other suggestions on how to improve this thing are welcome.

believe it or not, I actually considered nerfing the fire bombs while in development. I decided against it after playing my boss multiple times. The fire bombs going through the lava does act as a nerf, but with the size of the platforms it helps to have a way for those bombs to miss. Especially when the pinch attack is in effect and he throws 3 bombs.

Considering that Egg Flambe is all SOC and no Lua (check for yourself) I'd love to add a "Fire spin" attack as a panic attack, if I could figure out how to make Eggman spin like how Confleggrator can.

as for reducing how trivial it is to go back to the start. I don't know how to really. I'm not willing to fake one way walls for this, and I have to accommodate multiple players who will spawn there. I already have flame jets at the end, but apparently adding more will cause lag for people.

Last edited:
Confleggrator - 742mph
No matter how hard I try, I can't find anything to bring up about this one. It's simple and effective! Perfectly acceptable boss!

Thank you for the feedback, and I'm glad to hear you don't have any complaints. How would you rate the boss' difficulty?

In exchange:

*The boss is well-defended and not very aggressive, so the pace of the fight is pretty slow before you've got him figured out.

*That's fine, though, since you can figure him out, and then you can get away with being more aggressive. (I died the first time I fought him, got hit once the second time, and defeated him pretty quickly without getting hit the third time.)

*It's neat how, at least as Sonic, you need to jump off the blocks near the edge of the arena in order to get high enough to hit the boss, but by staying near the edge, you risk getting knocked into the water away from your spilled rings if you get hit. I think the blocks could stand to be a bit wider, though; when I try to land back on one after bouncing off the boss, even though I hold forward, I often slide just a bit too far and fall off.

*The boss uses the sprites for the Egg Mobile with laser attachments, but he doesn't fire anything from them, which is weird. It's not a big deal if you leave the sprites as is, but if you want to replace them, SRB2 2.0's srb2.srb contains sprites for the Egg Mobile with no attachments. Those sprites don't include Eggman's button-pressing animations, though, so you'd have to do some editing, maybe transplanting those animations from Eggscalibur's sprites.

*The boss' sprites have jet engines, but he doesn't have jet fume objects following him like the Egg Mobile and Egg Slimer do. You can spawn them with A_BossJetFume.

*The way the rings are placed in the opening hallway means you have to slow down if you want to collect them, and slow down a lot if you want to collect them all. I think they should be in a line leading toward the boss arena.

I'm currently planning to add more blocks to get out of the water with and to make the exit passage more obvious, plus giving the boss' dash move smoother vertical movement.

*All of those sound like good ideas.

*Overall, good job.

Last edited:
Considering that Egg Flambe is all SOC and no Lua (check for yourself) I'd love to add a "Fire spin" attack as a panic attack, if I could figure out how to make Eggman spin like how Confleggrator can.
A_ChangeAngleRelative and A_TrapShot (plus A_Repeat to keep it going for a while) should should be able to produce something like that, I think.

Thank you for the feedback, and I'm glad to hear you don't have any complaints. How would you rate the boss' difficulty?
I actually feel bad for having nothing to say about it omg
I did think of something when replaying it, though: what if the boss randomly selected its circling direction after doing its pass across the arena instead of always going the same way?
As far as the difficulty goes, just defeating the boss isn't very hard, but that's mostly due to how rings work; beating it without getting burnt a few times is challenging since there's always risk involved in going for a hit and the fire covers a lot of space. I guess my overall difficulty rating would be "moderate", and I would place it at the middle of the scale as far as the KIMOIII entries go.

Thanks for the feedback on Pointy Egg, by the way. I'll keep that in mind when I update it.

Last edited:
I did think of something when replaying it, though: what if the boss randomly selected its circling direction after doing its pass across the arena instead of always going the same way?

Interesting idea. That would make the boss harder, but potentially also more fun for people who know it well.

As far as the difficulty goes, just defeating the boss isn't very hard, but that's mostly due to how rings work; beating it without getting burnt a few times is challenging since there's always risk involved in going for a hit and the fire covers a lot of space. I guess my overall difficulty rating would be "moderate", and I would place it at the middle of the scale as far as the KIMOIII entries go.

If that's true, I can afford to make the boss harder without it becoming frustrating. I'll see how it feels with random circling directions. Thank you again.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Confleggrator has been updated to version 1.1. Let me know what you think of the difficulty.

Today arrives the first KIMOIII preview, containing all 10 submitted bosses! Dunno what all of those other levels are doing in there; just ignore those, use the KIMOIII level select! Grab it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NFd4mC1RMSR0NxzF4LtdLeCVUgRjI4zJ/view?usp=sharing

Here are my reviews:
Egg Lasershow is a really cool concept! I think it drags on a lot longer than it needs to, and it's pretty disheartening when you die, so maybe lower it's hitpoints a tad. Still, it's neat to have a boss around mobility and dodging!

Egg Flambe is a pretty standard boss. Really simple, but that's not a bad thing. It doesn't seem to be very dangerous if you decided to stick to the corners, though. I found the Egg Capsule position to be clever, as well.

Cyber Deton's hit method is REALLY cool; using Armageddon Shields to deal damage is really interesting to see done well! A little issue I had was that occasionally the buttons would give nothing despite being blue.

True Protagonist is a fairly neat boss. It's made me die a few times, but mostly due to the pit; the boss itself isn't *too* dangerous. I love it's attacks and how to dodge them, it makes me feel cool jumping inbetween its shots!

BoBo the Bouncy Boi continues to make me smile. All I'd really change is to severely reduce the amount of rings, or put all of the rings in an area before the boss, like my entry or Pointy Egg. It's really easy to cheese by picking up only 1-3 rings at a time, jumping at him until he dies, regrab your rings if you're hit. If not for that, though, I would really like it; the flow is really tight because you have to catch him in the middle of every other bounce. Oh, and the death animation was incredibly silly :D

Dark Stabot is really clever and is overflowing with a lot of cool ideas. The changes throughout the fight sort of hold it through its length, but it does wear a bit thin toward the end.

Confleggrator is a really, really solid boss! It takes one of the best parts of the new Brak fight, and amps that design up to 11. I didn't get to try the old version before it was adjusted, but it's still not too hard to fight. I love bosses that control the arena but in a way that the player can still be aggressive, and this checks off both.

Doomsday Disaster Zone has so much potential. The base mechanics are all really solid, but I think what ruins it for me is that there's so many Ring UFOs and not enough Boost UFOs. It makes the fight stagnate since you can always get a ton of rings and it's just waiting until another chance at a boost. It seemed to alternate "rings, boost, rings, boost, etc", but I think the pacing would feel a LOT nicer if it were "rings, boost, boost, rings, boost, boost, etc". I'd have a lot more fun with it if that happened, since that means you can be more aggressive in attacking, and there'd be more punishment for getting hit. (Also, is there any reason that you need a map that has a pre cutscene, instead of putting it on the actual level as a post cutscene?)

Diamond Valley Zone, Act 2 (or Pointy Egg) is chaos. But a fun kind of chaos. Seeing that tornado of Pointy and Unidus projectiles circling around Eggman is just brilliant. It's also a fight with really well-done player-controlled pacing; you can either wait a while for a safer opening, or you can rush into the tornado of doom to take him out faster. The only thing I'd suggest is to maybe make his thrown Unidus spikeballs drop as soon as you hit him, so you don't rebound off the boss and back into them. (But it's okay, DSZ's boss has that problem worse :p)

Soniguri is REALLY interesting. I'll have to sit down for a whole day to eventually beat this, but in the mean time, Chrome's suggestions seem really on-point.

Aurora Atoll Zone, Act 3 (or the creatively named Egg Gunner) actually had a faster speed at one point, but it made characters with low acceleration like Tails a lot harder than it should've been. I liked it like that, but alas, SRB2's bad acceleration stats made me have to compromise.

Brief shout-out to Mechanical Garden Zone, it's a really creative level with some awesome platforming setups. Be sure to play it whenever the next preview for KAWAIII-- WHOOOSH!

Minor problem/gripes I found/had

Most bosses were fine, but I found a minor visual problem with Egg Flambe, and True Protagonist... Just... Annoys me, for reasons i'll state in the spoilers.

Egg Flambe
bSlRgbx
I'm pretty sure this is just a minor thing, but better to see it now than be annoyed forever, right? In case it (the image) doesn't show; the little pillar under the center platform in the boss fight has a bleed effect, at least on one angle. Nothing major, boss is fine.

True Protagonist
It feels way too luck based and perfect-position based; yea some of it's attacks are easy enough to dodge, but it feels more like pure luck whenever I hit the boss, due to the massive amounts of spam on it. It's a little better from it's first iteration, but it just feels way too spammy for how long it's Inv-frames last, and for how small the arena is. Not to mention 2d mode already is a bit awkward, so it might be better to ease on the spam and make the Inv-frames last a shorter amount of time, or make the arena bigger so the player gets more space to dodge and move around on.

Here are my thoughts/reviews on the bosses:
Difficulty: Medium
Length: 4 minute first attempt, 2 minutes afterwards.
I liked how the arena changed over the course of the fight, this encouraged me to constantly move around the arena to avoid strong enemies. During my first play through I thought the floating Pac-Man ghost robots were supposed to be the boss, until I realized that they respawned. On my first play through it was not immediately clear to get an Armageddon Shield from the corners of the arena and use it near the center. Overall, I found the stage/boss to be well designed and easy to deal with once the gimmick was understood.
Length: 1:40 first attempt, 1:44 second attempt with less damage taken
I liked the boss’ pinch phase transition. The arena is simple, nicely detailed, and made with the boss in mind. Like Egg Slimer, I feel that the key to getting the emblems is to ensure that the boss is unable to get an attack in.
Length: 3:16 1st attempt 1:18 2nd attempt
I liked that the sloped arena made the boss slightly more unpredictable. The boss becomes much more difficult in the pinch phase with faster jumps and lesser down time. Most of the damage I had taken was due to jumping into Bobo while he was jumping during the pinch phase. I did not die due to the number of rings in the arena.
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Length: ~2:00 1st attempt 1:00 second attempt
This is not a review of the most recent update.
At first, I thought that the boss was unfair due to the amount of fire it spews and how easy it was to take damage. On subsequent playthroughs I found out that the boss always moves in a set pattern and that taking time to attack made it much more manageable. Similar to Aurora Atoll Act 3 I like how the boss visibly changed to show that it was in its pinch phase.
Difficulty: Very Hard
Length: Did Not Finish
I could only get the very start of the third phase. Honestly, I only got through the SUBARASHII emerald stage by spamming special attacks and missile canceling, and it was way easier than this. I don’t hate the stage for its difficulty, is very well made and mechanically sound but I feel like the boss throws too much at the player at once to make it strategy based and more down to luck. I was always dashing because I would be hit by lasers if I did not and there never seemed to be an opening where you would not need to dash. Even though I could practically skip the first phase by spamming the knife, I would not have enough HP to continue the fight. Playing normally netted slightly better, yet more inconsistent results.
Difficulty: Easy-Medium
Length: 1:30 1st attempt 40 second 2nd attempt
I liked the windows and the egg capsule added to the level. The boss was fun to fight against as well, though if a player leaves Egg Flambe alone for too long the boss becomes much more difficult, encouraging a more reckless playstyle. Even though it is harder than previous versions, you can still cheese the boss by slightly strafing around it when it leaves its pain state.
Length: 02:30 1st attempt 1:30 2nd attempt
Add A_BossJetFume(actor,0,0) to your mobjspawn hook to add jet fumes to Pointy Egg. I liked that the boss was slow to offset the obstacle complexity and which allowed me to strategize where to go. The arena’s asymmetrical outcroppings allowed for protection and a better venue to attack the boss.
Difficulty: Hard
Length: ~40 seconds on successful attempts
After throwing around 30 lives at this boss to learn her mechanics, I found it to be reasonably fair. Failed attempts only take around 15-30 seconds and if defeated the boss only lasts 40 seconds. The only thing I was not fond of was that she can use the land mine attack while invulnerable. Due to the longer charge time and the dire consequences of the attack it seemed like it was meant to always be intercepted.
Difficulty: Hard
Length: 3:10 Attempt
This is not a review of the most recent update. I liked the complexity of the fight and the cutscenes. The boss gets kind of attack spammy when the giant snapper is roaming about, but not when Dark Stabot is riding it.
Length: ~5-6 minutes an attempt

I really enjoyed the boss, but the only place I was actually in danger of dying was at the very last attack. The boss was visually impressive and did not seem to drag on too long despite its length. In one of my playthroughs I dashed at a clone when it was in the process of exploding resulting in a non-moving missile which spawned particles near the middle of the screen for the duration of the fight.

Egg Lasershow has been updated.
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Length: ~5:30 now around 3:30
The boss was initially longer with 5 attacks per middle phase instead of 3 and 10 health. That being said however, I did reduce the length of the fight by shortening the first attack phase and removing 2 of the less interesting phases. This resulted in the boss fight taking around 5 minutes to 5:30 to 3:00-3:30.
Egg Lasershow has now been updated and other changes are listed below:
  • The skybox has been removed and replaced with an arena, as it was causing frame drops.
  • The survive Egg Lasershow for 8:30 emblem has been removed.
  • 9 new attacks have been added.
  • The introduction attack has been modified and shortened.
  • Laser sounds are now based on attack instead of laser, resulting in less sound spam and in some cases frame rate improvements.
  • The attack lasers have been replaced with translucent fofs. This should result in a more visually safe experience.

Last edited:
I would like to make a general public service call to any level that offends: Please for the love of god do not have flashing colors or lights en masse in your level as a good percentage of the world, from this community or not, suffer from actual epilepsy and thus will not be able to play your level. Think of them, please.

OOOOOOOOH is it review time?

Well, I played through all of the bosses and this was a nice change of pace, can't wait for the final product!

Reviews:
After reviewing the last stage....
The last boss...

Something Something HMS related...
and we warp....
to another place.....

Where 2.2 was actually released early and it was disappointing to a lot of people. On top of that the language is lua is dying, and so to help reignite interest in lua, SAMURAI was created to be the Dark Souls of SRB2 wads, then NASHII came out and that was huge, and finally, we arrive at KUMOIII to help reignite interest in lua...

Well if there was only ten submissions lua might as well be dead :V

BOSS 1: Egg LaserShow by Chaobrother

BOSS FOR: Bio Satellite

Difficulty: Gave me trouble

Good:
The lasers in Bio Salette worked better as a way of attacking than as an obstacle in general
The arena design accomadates for the lasers well and as a result, Isn't that annoying to avoid
The patterns can be really tough to avoid, and once you got down the pattern, the boss is fun..............................

Bad:
....................for so long.
The boss REALLY overstays its welcome. The timer counted 5 min to beat this boss.
There were instances of knockback into a death pit

Overall: Not a bad boss, just things that need to be improved on

BOSS 2: Egg Flambe by Glaber

BOSS FOR: Magmor

Good:
Felt like a SONIC boss, It was quick and you can get the hits on, but at the same time, challenges you on how much you can take the hits to robotnik which is great
Its attacks are well telegraphed and are fun to avoid
The fight is energetic with the boss not holding back to fight, In its pinch mode, the fight becomes even faster, really putting you on-edge

Bad:
The arena's gimmicks are horribly under utilized. I only needed to jump between 2 platforms to fight and nothing else, Maybe a dash attack can force the player to jump between multiple platforms to keep the action on

Overall: A good boss, Energetic and Fast paced, but other than 1 thing that I see as a flaw, No bad things outside of a few nitpicks.

BOSS 3: Mechanical Garden by Bronsokip

ORIGINAL BOSS

That wasn't a boss, That's a gauntlet, two different things here!

Difficulty: Kodachrome Void levels of hard

Good:
The platforming challenges, were creative, hard, but fair
The switch mechanic is a neat way to guide the player towards their goal, It's an unconventional level structure, but a welcome one (i dont need r/prequelmemes leaking here okay?!)

Bad:
The left path does not give enough direction as to where the next switch is, so I had to cheat my way through using a tornado shield and that was not fun

Overall: It's not a boss, NOT EVEN CLOSE, but as a level or a gauntlet, It does well, challenges the player appropiately, and has some nice difficulty balancing in between

BOSS 4: Cyber Deton by TSDude

ORIGINAL BOSS

(could be a boss for wasted wayward i think)

Difficulty: Rather easy

Good:
The way you hit the boss was creative, but...

Bad:
The boss telegraphs its attacks in all of the wrong ways, and the way to hit him wasn't as obvious as you think. I was often more confused than not as most of its attacks are ridiculously easy to avoid, and the fact that the boss doesn't telegraph well enough that you're supposed to run into the circles(?) when they turn blue, and even then, I often don't notice it, bc. sometimes, the circles don't turn blue at all, making situations where I ran in circles to figure out when I'll get the armageddon shield required to damage it, so annoying and confusing!

Overall: This boss wasn't very good, it had potential, but it was more confusing than hard, 3-4/10

BOSS 5: True Protagonist by Goldenhog

ORIGINAL BOSS

Holy shit Goldenhog you put up one hecc of a fight :P

Difficulty: Dark Souls

Good:
The boss was also fast and energetic, forcing you to pay attention and focus as she/he dashes around the stage. Keep on your toes!
The attacks are also well telegraphed, and once you pick up on his/her patterns, it turns the fight in your favor

Bad:
Knockback, mainly due to a small arena that's way too small for the appointed fight
THAT FUCKING MINION ATTACK, so annoying, it summons a bunch of minions that attack and try to blast you whilst you're trying to avoid the true protagonist's attack

Overall: Needs some improvement, but was fun none-the-less

BOSS 6: Robo the Bouncy Boi by TrustyGun

ORIGINAL BOSS

Difficulty: "that was easy"

Good:
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Bad:
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Overall: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wut? that was a boss? twas so easy ):

BOSS 7: Dark Stabot by Manimi

BOSS FOR: Desolate Woods

UNABLE TO COMPLETE

Difficulty: Challenging, but fair

Reason: Boss literally broke, and I could no longer hit it near the last part, it just stayed still while the monster it was riding continued to attack me ):

Good:
The boss was energetic, heart pumping, and really freaking fun to fight. It felt like Robo-Hood where you always have to keep on your toes and to gets the hits in as SOON as you see an opening

Bad:
Fix that fucking bug man, holy shit.

Overall: REALLY fun boss if it weren't for that bug

BOSS 8: Confleggator by 742mph

ORIGINAL BOSS

Difficulty: nice and easy

Good:
It's an alright boss, nothing too challenging, but nothing too easy

Bad:
I won't pin it for being a boss that isn't that hard or complex, but it's better than nothing
Actually, scratch that, the lingering flames flood the arena, and makes the arena pretty annoying to navigate

Overall: eh, alright, its a good one, i guess lol

BOSS 9:Doomsday Disaster by Lat'

BOSS FOR: Dimension Disaster

Difficulty: Doomsday Zone levels of awesome

Ya got Super Sonic fighting against the power of anime, how ridiculous can this get?!

Good:
The boss is really fuckin good. It's very well designed, each attacks are telegraphed wonderfully, and the boss is pretty energetic with everything and is really freakin fun to play
The way you hit the boss is pretty good
The boss challenges your timing and reflexes well, reminds me of the final boss in Kirby's Return to Dreamland (yes its that good)

Bad:
Maybe the controls are a little slippery but idc, IT WAS THAT GOOD

Overall: Really fun boss to fight, I most definitely enjoyed it, with the ending of that boss being pretty funny with SUGOI's tendency for random and funny anime-related humor :D

BOSS 9: Diamond Valley ACT 2 by Badz

BOSS FOR: Diamond Valley

Difficulty: Spikes

Good:
Spikes
Spikes
Spikes
Spikes
Spikes

Bad:
Spikes
Spikes
Spikes
Spikes
The freaking spikes flood the arena and makes the arena very hard to navigate

Overall: I rate this boss 7.8/10 too many spikes

BOSS 10:SONIGURI by Tripel the Fox

ORIGINAL BOSS

Wait, the special stage from Subarashii again?!

Difficulty: It's a bullet hell, I wasn't able to (personally) beat this!

Good:
Oh wow, this controls better than Subarashii
This is pretty intense, I like the difficulty

Bad:
Yeah, The screen tends to get too busy, making it hard to dodge all of these projectiles (mainly the missiles holy shit)

BOSS 11: Aurora Atoll ACT by TehRealSalt and SeventhSentinel

BOSS FOR: Aurora Atoll

Oh, I've heard of that stage before, but the boss seems to be new, (also i never played aurora atoll before oh well)

Difficulty: Not that hard

Good:
The arena design and boss design requires you to take cover when avoiding attacks which is a nice breath of fresh air if you ask me

Bad:
Nothing much outside of a few nitpicks

Overall: Different in design, still fun none-the-less

KIMOIII Reviews Preview 1

He's my feedback on the current entries to KIMOIII.
While I'm not really fond of Bosses that make you wait through a wave of attacks before you can get a chance to attack, it's a decent boss.
A fairly balanced boss, just those bombs keep hitting me directly. It's good.
I doubt anyone ever thought to use the armageddon shield as a means to harm a boss. The boss itself, however, isn't even a threat. As far as I've seen, it just sits in the center of the room, waiting to get attacked. Perhaps giving it an attack instead of relying on other hazards so much to make it more of an actual 'boss'.
At first I was like "Nope, f**k this. I've already had enough hell from the Octo Expansion", but after coming back to it, I managed to beat it and I have to say, it's a challenging boss. This is a perfect example of space control or whatever it's called. Getting too far away from the boss will prompt them to shoot out minions, which can be quite the inconvenience. So to prevent that from happening, you must remain close enough to stop them from doing so. Good job!
A fairly basic boss, but that by no means makes it too easy. During my first run, I avoided attacking Bobo during his pinch phase, mainly due to his slight red tint. It wasn't until sometime later that I found out he wasn't invunerable, making it so much easier than I thought.
This boss is a tad too predictable. If I were to give some advice, I'd point towards the second phase of the DeDeDe clone boss from Kirby: Planet Robobot. No, not the fact that it's played on a 2D plane, the movement patterns of the cannon. I'm not saying to make it exactly like that boss, just take some inspiration from it, as the cannon has a variety of patterns to choose from.
An amazing spin on the Doomsday Zone in SRB2. It's gotta be my favourite boss out of all of these.
This is quite the interesting boss. Never before have I seen so many spiked objects. The only thing missing is the Spike Wisp. Jokes aside, it's a very nice boss.
I honestly cannot even beat this boss. He fires WAY too many attacks at a time, leaving literally NO openings to safely counter. Unless you've purposely made it to be this difficult, please consider saving the barrage of attacks for when the boss is almost dead.
I haven't got much to say about this boss. It's good and simple.
The boss is fairly challenging, especially during the second half of the fight. I love the intro cutscene as well as the finishing move scene. All in all, it's a good boss.

Pointy Egg has been updated!

Changelog:

• Changed map name to Pointy Egg
  • Added a level select picture
  • Added time and score emblems
  • Modified pre-boss segment with slightly more gameplay and less clunky ring placement
  • Added extra blocks to get out of the water
  • Made the boss' dash move have smoother vertical motion and happen more often
  • Modified the third and seventh spike deployment patterns slightly
  • Misc. aesthetic upgrades to the boss, such as boss jet fumes, improved boss death sequence, etc.

*Overall, this is a good boss. It's pretty easy to just beat him, but a substantial and fair challenge to do it well. I just have a couple of complaints.

*The boss' hitbox isn't tall enough - only 64*FRACUNIT, apparently. When I fought him, there were several times when it looked like I should have hit him, but instead I passed right through the top of his body.

*The afterimages that trail the boss when he jumps high aren't enough to indicate that he's invincible. The player just has to learn what they mean through trial and error. I'd suggest making him glow or flash, or maybe trail scaled-up invincibility sparkle objects, instead.

Last edited:
Egg Flambe has an update ready to go, but after the feedback I'm not so sure about submitting it anymore. The update adds a panic attack where the Flambe spins and spews fire when the boss is hit.

Maybe I'll have to play the boss back to back with magmor to figure it out.

Soniguri's been updated.

The camera's been zoomed out.
The giant missiles now grow into existence, which takes 2 seconds, without their hitboxes untill they're done growing. It also takes 3 seconds for the missiles to start firing now instead of 2 (including the time it takes to grow).
Soniguri is also slightly slowwer when using force edge.
The force edge attack on the screen lock phase now fires twice as fast (half a second off screen instead of a full second). This should make it more apparent that it aims towards the player.
Hypers and red health have also been added.
You can now dash cancel sword attacks as soon as they hit, which should make them more useful.
The player's beams now do more damage (particularly charge shots), and missiles do slightly less.
The music and Soniguri's sprites have been finished (now none of the sprites have been done by root).
Damage scaling in multiplayer is now done by a factor of number of alive players/2 (rounded up) instead of number of alive players

-Does sonic have a hitbox attached to him? None of the bosses in either of the two Suguri games have active hitboxes on their body. The player's focus should always be on their attacks and movement without worry about touch damage.
Soniguri doesn't have a hitbox, though pretty much all of the projectiles spawn right on top of him, so there's generally a hitbox around or on him.

Attachments

• VsSoniguri.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 159
Egg Lasershow has been updated again.

Change Log:
  • The starting attack has been modified resulting in the boss being 11 seconds shorter.
  • The outer walls of the center platform are now non-climbable.
  • The center cone has more sectors in it for a smoother slope.
  • The Reject lump has been removed for file size reduction.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back