Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
[B]Snip[/B]
    -- Speed up if Sonic
    if mo.master.mo.skin == "sonic" then
        topmove = $1*4/3
        sidemove = $1*4/3
        if (leveltime <TICRATE) and (mo.master.lives == 3)
            mo.master.lives = 4
        end
    end

//LOLZ DATZ Hyper mysterious shadonic 123311 & his evil twin Hipster mystical silvonic 123312
    if ((mo.master.mo.skin == "hms123311") or (mo.master.mo.skin == "hms123312")) then
        topmove = $1*2
        sidemove = $1*2

mo.btold = $1 & ~(BT_JUMP|BT_ATTACK)
        if mo.weapondelay >0
            mo.weapondelay = 0
        end

if not mo.healthregen
            mo.healthregen = 0
        end
        mo.healthregen = $1+1
        if mo.healthregen > TICRATE/10
            mo.healthregen = 0
            mo.health = $1+1
        end
        if mo.health >= 112
            mo.healthregen = 0
        end
    end

-- Move!
[I][B]Snip[/B][/I]
It works perfectly as intended. It is however still possible to lose, but at least it's now a lot easier to win.

Edit: I may have to work on coding for making "cheating" in multiplayer (by switching away from Sonic after starting the level) not keep the additional health. Unless you want to code that yourself, RedEnchilida?

Last edited:
This is one of the most fun mod I have ever played in SRB2. Maybe you can add a flash effect on the space ship and on Eggman when they get hit, and change the sprites of the robots's missiles because if they are exactly the same as our missiles's sprites it can bring some confusion.

I'm iffy on giving the player and boss flashing frames, as that seems like it'd imply temporarily invincibility (which I'm not going to add), but I can definitely try it out for the next release (which seems like it's definitely going to happen now). Giving the player unique missile sprites is definitely something I should've been doing in the first place, though. I'll look into it.

Code:
[B]Snip[/B]
    -- Speed up if Sonic
        topmove = $1*4/3
        sidemove = $1*4/3
        if (leveltime <TICRATE) and (mo.master.lives == 3)
            mo.master.lives = 4
        end
    end

//LOLZ DATZ Hyper mysterious shadonic 123311 & his evil twin Hipster mystical silvonic 123312
    if ((mo.master.mo.skin == "hms123311") or (mo.master.mo.skin == "hms123312")) then
        topmove = $1*2
        sidemove = $1*2

if mo.weapondelay >0
            mo.weapondelay = 0
        end

if not mo.healthregen
            mo.healthregen = 0
        end
        mo.healthregen = $1+1
            mo.healthregen = 0
            mo.health = $1+1
        end
        if mo.health >= 112
            mo.healthregen = 0
        end
    end

-- Move!
[I][B]Snip[/B][/I]
It works perfectly as intended. It is however still possible to lose, but at least it's now a lot easier to win.
While I do realize Sonic's currently at a huge disadvantage compared to the other two, part of that is intentional (Sonic is described as "hard mode" in the main game, too, and I was trying to keep that pattern in this). I'll be looking into ways to improve him a bit to make him less terrible, but giving him a whole extra health bar to work with is making things too easy for him, to me. Balancing in the update is going to be less about buffing Sonic and more about nerfing Knuckles (and possibly Tails, to a slight extent - I'm happy with the current idle rate he recharges health at, but I'm considering resetting the regen rate when he takes a hit to make avoiding hits more important as him), and I'm not really concerned with getting balance perfect between all three, anyway - I'm fine with Sonic being hard mode and Tails being easier.

I think you should worry about emphasizing playstyles more than skillsets personally. I'd like to see Sonic move faster, because as a Sonic player, dodging projectiles is fun.

IMO this should be added to the SRB1 remake, unless you want to wait until you can turn it into two acts with two bosses :P.

On another note, the Eggmobile should have some sort of protective glass thing at the top. I doubt Eggman/Robotnik can breathe in space.

Update is out! Go get it from the OP. Hopefully I can remember all of the changes:

• Co-op support is out. I hate to do it, but netgame syncing just wasn't happening.
  • Sonic has been sped up slightly further.
  • Knuckles' special ability has been downgraded from auto-fire to burst-fire, to make him less ridiculously overpowered.
  • Powerups have been added! Certain enemies give a random powerup upon defeat, and all enemies have a slight chance to. They are:
    • Rings, for extra health
    • A shield, for temporary protection from enemies
    • An upward arrow, which is a terrible representation of the actual power: chain freeze! Missing enemies and taking hits won't reset your kill chain while this is active
    • A nuke! You can guess what this does
  • A hidden level has been added! Get the gold score emblem to unlock it. Fair warning, though: it's stupidly hard. All of the enemies are buffed and they come in droves. You'll get a fourth emblem for beating it, which will take skill, patience, and a fair bit of luck. If that isn't hard enough for you, then the secret level is also available in one-life-only record attack, you fucking sadist.
  • The player's projectiles now have a different graphic from enemy projectiles.
  • The player flashes for a few frames upon taking a hit. This is only a visual aid; there is still no temporary invincibility.
Barring any bugs coming up that need fixing (or magically finding the secret to netgame support), this will be the final version.

This is pretty neat! I'm kind of completely terrible at this, so I probably will never get around to unlocking the secret level.

But, may I suggest something? Could you turn the score link powerup icon into the NiGHTS link freeze icon? It should be easy to put it's picture into a monitor icon to fit the rest of the powerups.

Uhhmm... I just redownloaded this and searched for "hms" in the Lua... Slade doesn't go to a "hms"...
I search for "skin", and right below Sonic, HMS is not there? Maybe add this in the next release. This time, I didn't change anything about Sonic.
Code:
[B]Snip[/B]
    -- Speed up if Sonic
        topmove = $1*3/2
        sidemove = $1*3/2
    end

//LOLZ DATS Hyper mysterious shadonic 123311 & his evil twin Hipster mystical silvonic 123312
        topmove = $1*2
        sidemove = $1*2

if mo.weapondelay >0
            mo.weapondelay = 0
        end

if not mo.healthregen
            mo.healthregen = 0
        end
        mo.healthregen = $1+1
            mo.healthregen = 0
            mo.health = $1+1
        end
        if mo.health >= 112
            mo.healthregen = 0
        end
    end

-- Move!
[I][B]Snip[/B][/I]
And just as a silly request, do you think you can make the skin "shadow" have lasers that will penetrate enemies? No speed boost, no health regeneration, no burst-/auto-fire, just missiles that pass through enemies?
Except EggHead, as otherwise one shot might do more damage, if it says "hit" several times inside EggHead.

I mean, you do support the SRB1 Sonic in this, so...

Also, you may want to make something so if EggHead's health is below 0, it resets to 0. (Shooting him after killing him makes the red bar extend to the left of the gray bar.)

Last edited:
I'm not concerning myself with supporting a ton of custom character WADs. Particularly overpowered joke WADs. The level's really only meant to be played with the three default characters, anyway; the SRB1 Sonic recognition is just a gag meant to pay tribute to the level's inspiration.

(Besides, ships can't be super, remember?)

Uhhmm... I just redownloaded this and searched for "hms" in the Lua... Slade doesn't go to a "hms"...
I search for "skin", and right below Sonic, HMS is not there? Maybe add this in the next release. This time, I didn't change anything about Sonic.
Code:
[B]Snip[/B]
    -- Speed up if Sonic
        topmove = $1*3/2
        sidemove = $1*3/2
    end

//LOLZ DATS Hyper mysterious shadonic 123311 & his evil twin Hipster mystical silvonic 123312
        topmove = $1*2
        sidemove = $1*2

if mo.weapondelay >0
            mo.weapondelay = 0
        end

if not mo.healthregen
            mo.healthregen = 0
        end
        mo.healthregen = $1+1
            mo.healthregen = 0
            mo.health = $1+1
        end
        if mo.health >= 112
            mo.healthregen = 0
        end
    end

-- Move!
[I][B]Snip[/B][/I]
And just as a silly request, do you think you can make the skin "shadow" have lasers that will penetrate enemies? No speed boost, no health regeneration, no burst-/auto-fire, just missiles that pass through enemies?
Except EggHead, as otherwise one shot might do more damage, if it says "hit" several times inside EggHead.

I mean, you do support the SRB1 Sonic in this, so...

Also, you may want to make something so if EggHead's health is below 0, it resets to 0. (Shooting him after killing him makes the red bar extend to the left of the gray bar.)

First off, it isn't necessary for Red to include code for a custom character in this, nor is HMS relevant to anything in this mod. This is the second time you've posted a batch of code with HMS in it, and the other still wasn't used, so what makes you think this will be?

Oh, and HMS123312 doesn't exist as a skin. Look closer at HMS's coding.

First off, it isn't necessary for Red to include code for a custom character in this, nor is HMS relevant to anything in this mod. This is the second time you've posted a batch of code with HMS in it, and the other still wasn't used, so what makes you think this will be?
The fact he simply stated that Sonic was meant for hard-mode, and not directly stating he looked at the coding.
And HMS isn't relevant at all, but people still use him. At least 1 person other than me does.
Edit: Other people who use HMS may also want ships to be super, and can then copy-paste my coding into the Lua themselves.

Oh, and HMS123312 doesn't exist as a skin. Look closer at HMS's coding.
So just because he doesn't exist in the actual Wad I'm not allowed to make my own thingie? :P

RedEnchilida said:
the SRB1 Sonic recognition is just a gag meant to pay tribute to the level's inspiration.
Okay. Alright, I understand.

Edit: Would it somehow be possible to affect Space Chase ships with Lua inside other character wads? Like, the skin "shadow" I mentioned before. Can I somehow use Lua inside that character wad to actually affect how his Space Chase ship will behave?

Last edited:
You could probably add character-specific behavior by checking for player.ship and adjusting things accordingly. There's nothing in the code facilitating messing with ship behavior through other scripts, though; you'd have to figure out how to do what you want around it.

That said, adding functions to characters based on a single level is almost as silly as adding functions to levels based on a single character.

If you just make it so a different ship ability is tied to each type of character special ability (homing attack, double jump, etc.), then that pretty much creates support for every single character wad.

Please don't tarnish this good script with a stupid joke wad (even though the script for that was really well done). That's all I have to say...

Please don't tarnish this good script with a stupid joke wad (even though the script for that was really well done). That's all I have to say...

who even gives a shit besides those that would load hms123312 in the first place

Uploaded a minor bugfix that makes the sky not burst into a shower of HOM in 2.1.8. I haven't addressed any of the other concerns with the level yet, though, sorry. Your replays from the last version will still sync.

Every time I add this into my game, IT CRASHES!
Can you tell me how not to let it crash my game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back