• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Heroes (slooowly progressing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get them by using TXD Editor and opening the texture files for Sonic Heroes. If you don't have Sonic Heroes (that'd be a bit weird), I'll send some to you then. The files are in dvdroot\textures. I think that the Final Fortress file is stg70.txd. I'm not sure about Egg Fleet though. :S

Oh ok then. I'll PM some of them to you (it's a good idea to use a low number of textures, to avoid detouring away from the theme and make the flies huge.

About the rails,You can ask someone who can code an exe for you,So it can have features that can't be in the Normal SRB2
(e.g:Rails and Sonic,Tails and Knuckles at the same time,all 4 teams,etc) but I wont do it because I don't mod EXE's

Yeah, me too. I was going to ask to do the city levels anyway. :3 Converyor belts for the energy paths, too bad there are no loops. Speed pad sector at begining to rush throgh automaticly, and can you PM me tex too? if there are none, I won't mind making them myself.

Yes, I have been thinking about an EXE mod to make rails a possibility. Wesley is very anxious to mess around with the source-code, so let's see if he can do it.
I'm going to start sending PMs, because I haven't done so in a while...

EDIT: I was going to send more PMs to get things rolling, but just to get Final Fortress' textures to Shawn was enough work for today... Anyway, I'll change the first post on this topic and point out how the levels need to be made and other notes.

Last edited:
What's the problem, Shawn? Specify it so we can help you solve it.

What do you mean by drowning, speeddemon? The only part with water is a shallow puddle or two.

Ah, I forgot about that... Sorry, Spherallic. I'll PM them to you as soon as possible. Well, actually, it's just Frog Forest's sky. Maybe after you re-send it too me, I can figure out what I did wrong.

Although I am still working with Frog Forest and I'll bring you V2 soon enough, I started, and finished Sea Gate. Keep in mind that some information is false, for example, Sonic is not the only one who can spin. However, this will be true on the mod's final version. Check the first post for screenshots and the download.

Hm....I know how to make a rail.... if you make the grab thingy like in ACZ1 invisible... you could put it just above the rail then it'll look like your grinding and if you replace the sound of grabbing onto the grab thingy to the grind sound.... it'll be like your grinding!!! Good idea?

Last edited:
Sea Gate is good, i like the abilities of the characters (only Sonic can spin XD, that s good). With real textures, it will be amazing!

Yes, the textures are still missing. They'll be added when Seaside Hill's textures add, which is what Wesley is doing.

And Sky, your idea is not bad. In fact, it could just be it. But the problem is that the character will be grinding with the "hanging" sprites. That can be arranged, so your idea could be it. Which reminds me, I don't think any of SRB2's sprites are suited to grinding. It looks like this will have to be changed in the game's code.

Hmm... maybe you can make a SH Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles... and make there hanging sprites look like grinding sprites? And possibly replace the original Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles? You could also make the Grab thingy invisible!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back