Resource icon

[MP Level] SUPERMETAL: Basic Bounce & the slide from Super Mario 64

attachment.php

The pack with Metal Mario in it.

----

SUPERMETAL is a track pack featuring tracks that are certain to meet at least one standard of fun. And Metal Mario.
(DISCLAIMER: Metal Mario as a playable character is only available in Mit's character pack. Go download it!

Currently there's two regular tracks in the pack, both of which are succintly chaotic. I hope to make more tracks in the future to offset this. In any case, here's the current list of tracks:​

Basic Bounce Zone
MAPS5
attachment.php

Slopes, springs, and a lack of rings. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect simple track. But Superstarxalien accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction...
memes.

And thus Basic Bounce Zone was born! With slopes, springs, and nonsense every step of the way, hilarity will ensue in this blocky track.
Metal Mario watches over you.
My first ever (finished) original track for SRB2Kart. This one went through a bunch of different ideas and iterations before I just went out and crunched like 60% of the track.

Special thanks to Fayt for helping me with checkpoints and Eldog for overall support and for managing the community resources, which this track uses (the guardrails specifically, which were made by Chengi).

an extra special thanks to darkonius mavakar for the metal sonic sign and gunla for their amazing impression of metal sonic

SM64 The Princess' Secret Slide
MAPS6
attachment.php

Let's-a-go! It's the original stage from Super Mario 64. Nearly every single nook and cranny from the original can be found here!
I like names that are stupidly long.
As seen in jartcast! I kept this track a secret from everyone for so long.

Like, so long, though.

I started work on this track on October of last year, as I thought it would be a fun track to play in SRB2Kart, what with all the slopes and twists it has. I did not pay heed to the many incompatibilities of such a map design in SRB2's engine. It took me until now to finish it.

Boy, am I stubborn.

btw eldog knew of this track ever since I started working on it lol thanks for the help eldog <3

???
MAPS4
attachment.php

A forgotten track from CCCP makes a dreadful reappearance.

For those hosting Combiring servers, there's a .SOC available in the downloads that hides Basic Bounce Zone and makes SM64 The Princess' Secret Slide a 1-lap track, in lieu of teleports not working.

If you're looking for more SUPERMETAL action, I've also released some battle maps for your enjoyment!
SM64 The Princess' Secret Slide
v1.1b:
  • whoopsie daisy, the map crashed so that's fixed now
v1.1a:
  • Got rid of the visual tearing in the last section!
  • Removed the item box set right before the end.
v1:
  • Initial release.

Basic Bounce Zone
v1.1a:
  • Got rid of midtextures for boost pads; midtextures are now only used to indicate yellow springs, which remains consistent across the whole track.
v1.1:
  • First three boost pads are now harder to reach/use. This should hopefully make frontrunning harder.
  • Corrected minimap to what it should have been an update ago.
v1:
  • Map ID is now MAPS5.
  • Added midtextures for sneaker pannels and yellow springs.
  • Removed some sneaker pannels before the second item set.
  • Fixed some fence glitches.
  • Added killplanes. Now you won't have to suffer nearly as much as Tyron has.
  • Teleport now sets you further behind, the track has been changed to suit this as a result.
  • Other fixes I can't remember.
Standalone v1.1:
  • Added Encore palette.
Standalone v1:
  • Initial release.

???
v1:
  • Map ID is now MAPS4.
CCCP:
  • Initial release.

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• terrible.jpg
    terrible.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 6,368
  • thumbnail.png
    thumbnail.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 5,672
  • kart0006.png
    kart0006.png
    352.8 KB · Views: 4,629
  • shadow.png
    shadow.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 3,430
  • SUPERMETAL-Combi.zip
    392 bytes · Views: 433
  • KR_SUPERMETAL-v1.1b.pk3
    5 MB · Views: 1,066
Last edited by a moderator:
boy am I glad that I can bypass the submission process by updating a track I already made

SUPERMETAL is out, and you can now download The Princess' Secret Slide from Super Mario 64!

After having my first ever netplay session in Basic Bounce Zone [:')], I quickly realized just how unbalanced the track actually was; I couldn't snipe first place out of someone that was being chased by an SPB!

Surely the notorious existence of boost pads in the first few turns are to blame (idk what else to change tbh), so I made sure to teach those a lesson; now the first three boost pads are harder to access. I hope that this does nothing but make the track more challenging and fair (and therefore, fun). There's also the side-effect of your muscle memory now getting ruined, but I can't imagine lots of people have practiced this map ever since its release anyway.

As usual, any feedback is appreciated.

----

Some people have reported an issue with The Princess' Secret Slide on software mode, namely that the track flickers a lot. Currently, I'm not sure what I can do to fix this, as the map is an horrid mess by inherent design. If worst comes to worst, I'll probably have to banish it to map hell.

also it still has no encore I really need ideas for that

updated again
basic bounce and the princess' secret slide have less bullshit now
secret slide still lags in software and has no encore

also there's a .soc for hiding maps in combi and that stuff so you can use that

EDIT: pushed yet another update because it turns out that I accidentally removed a slope vertex in secret slide and that crashed the game
...whoops

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back