Official Level Design Contest Voting: January/February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpiritCrusher said:
SSNTails said:
...but it was very representative of how much better SRB2 is at being a Mario game than a Sonic game.
So SRB2 is more of a Mario game than a Sonic game?

Well, the two classic gameplay styles really do have a lot in common. They're both basically run and jump platformers with extra mechanics added into the gameplay.

It's true that SRB2 has many of the utilities necessary to simulate the gameplay of a Mario game, perhaps even more than a Sonic (considering the lack of slopes, corkscrews, etc.). All it really needs is the proper 2D engine, which SRB2 unfortunately lacks, though ShufflarB2 mostly fixes this.

To echo what others have said, your level was a great idea, and I like how you implemented some elements. But the fact that I was rating the levels based on how they play out rather than how much effort is put into them made me see no other choice but to give it a 1.

I understand. By focusing 100% on gimmicks and 0% on playability, I was setting myself up to lose this contest. I should have seen it. But thanks for the one or two good things you had to say about its appearance.

Did I screw up on the voting? I'm terribly sorry if I did, it was an honest mistake. It really is too easy to make such a silly mistake like that, there should be an easier and much less manual compile-esque way to tally the results...

Does it affect the results, or are the winners the same?

Either way, I apologize to the affected parties.

Spazzo said:
Did I screw up on the voting? I'm terribly sorry if I did, it was an honest mistake. It really is too easy to make such a silly mistake like that, there should be an easier and much less manual compile-esque way to tally the results...

Does it affect the results, or are the winners the same?

Either way, I apologize to the affected parties.
The winners are still the same, the scores only changed a little (about 0.3 in the worst case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back