Invalid Game refuses to let me use weapons in CtF and other modes

Cotton Candy 2C

annoying guy you try to avoid
Hello, I am trying to play modes like tag, but the game is refusing to let me throw rings and such at enemies, despite the fact that I have rings. I've tried unplugging and replugging my controller, and I've tried reconfiguring the controls, but nothing has worked. This problem has been getting worse overtime for me, at first, it would only occasionally happen, but now it happens all the time... Could it be the problem with the type of controller I'm using? (HORI Battle Pad for Switch)

Do you have any trigger buttons or the like that are mapped to fire or fire-normal?

I have an XBox controller, and my triggers don't work properly for SRB2, so I have to keep them unbound and use either bumpers or face buttons instead.

I would check and make sure you don't also have them mapped to anything else, like the sticks or shoulder triggers (it's in the menu inside "gamepad controls"), as that could cause the inputs to stick and not register when you push the face buttons.

That's the only thing I can think of, personally

Are you certain that "Fire" and "Fire Normal" are not set to any gamepad axes in your control setup? (Specifically "None", not just an axis that you don't use.)

- I have an XBox controller, and my triggers don't work properly for SRB2, so I have to keep them unbound and use either bumpers or face buttons instead
For X-Input devices (Xbox gamepads), the default axis bindings have "Fire" set to "left trigger more than 50% pressed" and "Fire Normal" set to "left trigger less than 50% pressed" or such; There's no easily-achievable point between "Fire" and "Fire Normal", so you can't really do either of those things in-game, as transitioning from one to the other in a single tic doesn't let you re-fire.
(This is different from SRB2 v2.1, where the right trigger and left trigger were "bound" to the same axis in-game, cancelling each other out if you press neither; The input handling has been changed in v2.2, but the default axes haven't changed to match.)

I have great success with binding "Fire" to "Z-Rudder" and "Fire Normal" to "Z-Axis", however, which corresponds to "right trigger more than 50% pressed" and "left trigger more than 50% pressed", respectively.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back