Don't forget NiGHTS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come from the NiGHTS fanbase!
Here we're doing something crazy we need help with~
The king and queen of the NiGHTS fanbase are worried that NiGHTS won't be in AllStars Racing. Actually, they're 99% sure he won't be in it. They've got connections with SEGA and good sources. It's a SEGA AllStars game and NiGHTS won't be in it. What DiGi decided to do was start a "Don't forget NiGHTS" campaign. What we're doing is e-mailing SEGA to put NiGHTS as DLC for the game. I know this sounds stupid, but with NiGHTS not being in an AllStars game, that's loosing a pretty big position and seeing that JoD didn't turn out horribly good at all, we're worried that SEGA might put NiGHTS to sleep for good.

So visit this thread for SEGA e-mails. SEGA France told us to stop e-mailing them and Sonic Team is blocking those e-mails, so we got those down.
http://www.nightsintodreams.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=3591

The community was told to spread the word, and seeing as you guys usually like getting points across, I thought it might be good to post here.
And please DO NOT say that "Oh stupid. Of course NiGHTS'll be in it. He's a SEGA icon."
NiGHTS has not been announced and with the leaders of the main NiGHTS fanbase that's been kept together for over a decade, has done insane research, takes partial credit that JoD was made and has actual connections with SEGA and they're POSITIVE that NiGHTS isn't in it, I'm pretty sure they're gonna be right.

http://www.nightsintodreams.com/Procaster-20091119-195837.flv
This is a show they did to get their point across. DiG' and TRiP' are pretty serious about it.

I do hope you guys help us out~ Thank you~
savenights.png

I wonder if this is a sign that Sega can forget how vocal their fan base is. I though JoD did decent at the very least. Are you telling me it did worse than that?

I doubt Nights WONT be in this game. Seriously, he's been in every spin-off Sega game.
If he doesn't make it in, I will be surprised. :/

Yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if NiGHTS didn't get in either. He's more popular than Billy Hatcher, isn't he?

But where's the Toe Jam and Earl love? Seriously, they'd better make the cut as well.

Last edited:
What I'm confused about is how are you 99% sure that NiGHTS isn't in the final release? He's in pretty much every SEGA spin-off game including both Sonic Riders; It'd actually be confusing if he really WASN'T placed in the game.

Oh, for ****'s sake.

Is it really that big of a deal? It's just an obscure (face it, guys) SEGA character in a cash-in kart racing game. There will be little to no difference in playing as NiGHTS and playing as other SEGA characters. I think the really priceless thing, here, is that they want it in the game, so they he can appear in OTHER cash-in games! And if they want it to snowball into some sort of NiGHTS sequel, they are ****ing dreaming.

For those of you who still don't get it, here's some nifty graph, to help convey my message.

nightsl.jpg

Finally, about Wombatwarlord777's post: http://ds.kombo.com/article.php?artid=7613

Lets think about this for a minute now, Nights, a character who has appeared in nearly every sega spin off, Sega super stars, Sega superstars tennis, and Nights has add a great deal of cameos in sega games ( or at least in SA1 and SA2). So basically I doubt they would take Nights out.

Last edited:
Don't click on the link since it isn't safe for work. It has some sex videos on the right of the video. :O

Who cares about NiGHTs, you guys deserve this for not buying the NiGHTs game for the Wii. This is your punishment.

Hee hee

http://www.vimeo.com/7714707
Better link. The first one was the first site it was posted on. It doesn't actually show anything too bad, but the links are to those videos.

And most of us bought JoD. That's why we know it's not good.
And I think you guys are forgetting that these two actually know people from SEGA. They were the mascots representing SEGA on the costume world record and have been allowed in the SEGA building for a podcast with someone that worked there. SEGA's the most likely place where they got the info. The reason DiGi hasn't said where he got it is most likely so he doesn't get someone fired.
No one seems to like NiGHTS at all anymore and since he has not been revealed, especially the fact that besides SST, between JoD and now, NiGHTS has been very dead. Even cameo wise. NiGHTS was even known to be in Sonic Riders as a secret character in Riders before the game came out. That and SEGA has had a very different pattern to reveal characters than Nintndo. Rather than revealing people slowly, SEGA sort puts all of the charactres out there in the begining.
NiGHTS is never usually treated with such secrecy. So that's why we're worried about it.

And the video was a livecast. Just so you know.

Last edited:
Who cares about NiGHTs, you guys deserve this for not buying the NiGHTs game for the Wii. This is your punishment.

Hee hee
Well, obviously some people care about NiGHTS, because there's a lot of fuss about him now. Thousands of people are behind NiGHTS and behind this campaign. Everyone who is part of this effort has, with very few exceptions, bought NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams for the Wii. Most people who haven't bought it don't have a Wii to play it on. So we have a right to complain.

There is nothing wrong with dedicating a half-hour video (or more, really) to anything you really care about. NiGHTS has strongly affected many people's lives, including TRiPPY and DiGi's, which is why they are willing to make a video, a bet, and whatever else it takes to get attention for him. I honestly wish there were more people out there as dedicated to something positive like this.

As for their legitimacy, I second Chao's stance. They have a history with contacts in Sega. They knew about Journey of Dreams six months before the lead game news sites. Also, I know they would not bet their NiGHTS merchandise on anything other than inside info, because that's the only way they can be 100% sure NiGHTS is not playable in the game. They care too much about all that stuff they've hoarded up over the years to risk it on mere hunches.

Even if you don't care about NiGHTS being in a racing game, if you want him to appear in any game, as a cameo or anything else, ever again, just take a minute to send an e-mail or two. It doesn't take that much effort.

Hee hee

Shut up, kay? This isn't the stupidest thing you've said, but it's still stupid and annoying.

On topic, I don't see why Nights wouldn't make into this spin-off. He usually makes it into them- Why would JOD for Wii's sales impact his inclusion in the game? He was in other spin-offs when he was even more obscure.

Anyone not get the hee hee at the end of the sentence? Lol, I love it when you take stuff seriously. Don't get me wrong, but NiGHTS is one of my favorite game characters. I even prefer him to Sonic in Sonic Riders.
XD

The reason NiGHTS isn't in this game because it isn't made by Sonic Team. It is made by Sumo Digital. If it was made by Sonic Team, it probably would be a different story.

Oh, why are Shenume characters in, when NiGHTs isn't? Isn't NiGHTS much more popular?

Oh, why are Shenume characters in, when NiGHTs isn't? Isn't NiGHTS much more popular?

You could say the same about Ness and Lucas in the Smash Bros series,from a game that 99.6% of its loyal big fans never happen to own any cartridge of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back