Sonic Championship (Or Sonic The Fighters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiruba

For some reason I find 3D games like this and sonic R fun, but anyway lets discuss this! Yeah, I could've posted a topic about Sonic Battle, the last fighting game that SEGA and Sonic Team made, but this is an original. I find this game interesting. The first time I played this was a few years ago. Anyway my personal oponion this was fun. I hate that they erased all of Honey's data though...but with mah new wii, (Yeah I finally got one) I look foward to getting gems collection. Um....

Discuss?

I bet you didn't know that she was erased even more in the Gems collection version. And by that I mean her model was removed.

'Twas a very awesome game. I had fun playing it, but also sad about everything they took out of it. Not just Honey. (Even though she is my favorite Sonic character.)
There was also a playable Eggman out of his machine, the lost boss, the LOVE attack thing. (Don't know what it was for.) The food items. The item capsuls that i think had flickys in them, and I also wanted to see what Sunset Town, and that other level with the lost music.

SparkTheHedgehog said:
For some reason I find 3D games like this and sonic R fun, but anyway lets discuss this! Yeah, I could've posted a topic about Sonic Battle, the last fighting game that SEGA and Sonic Team made, but this is an original. I find this game interesting. The first time I played this was a few years ago. Anyway my personal oponion this was fun. I hate that they erased all of Honey's data though...but with mah new wii, (Yeah I finally got one) I look foward to getting gems collection. Um....

Discuss?
sonic-gems-collection-20050520041731371.jpg
It describes alot.

Armonte said:
SparkTheHedgehog said:

Discuss?
sonic-gems-collection-20050520041731371.jpg
It describes alot.
I lol'd at that picture. Knuckles rings replace blood. Still the thought of knuckles getting knocked out by sonic. Also PM me if you wanr another image of knuckles getting pounded.

This game was better than Sonic Battle is. I also wish they had made Rocket Metal, Eggman, and such playable or bosses. Also, has anyone noticed the black spot in Knuckles's right eye before? I think it's both eyes, but it always seemed to bother me.

This game is great fun.
It's the simplicity and gameplay of the older Sonic games against the complexity and the scripted moves of the new ones again.

Too bad there aren't many other Sonic games like Sonic The Fighters...

My favourite characters to play as in Sonic The Fighters are Espio and Fang.

Personally I loved the game, I even bought gems for it =P And it'd be awsome if they did another sonic fighters or battle, So we can beat the hell out of silver =P

Monster Iestyn said:
Too bad there aren't many other Sonic games like Sonic The Fighters...

My favourite characters to play as in Sonic The Fighters are Espio and Fang.
My favorite thing about Fang is that he can shoot. And when I fight espio I find his headbutt or whatever very annoying, which makes him a worthy opponent. They should bring sonic championship back with a remake. This time actually MAKE Rocket Sonic and Honey playable characters. And add some new levels. But in anycase this is the best sonic fighting game ever made. If only SEGA made more sonic games this good.

astar said:
I'll Begin said:
There are better fighting games out there.
But no better Sonic fighting games.

Alright, it's settled, I'm getting Gems.
I'm getting gems when I get brawl. Maybe...I might get brawl first then gems...Ah what the heck I'll gettem' both.

Sonic The Fighters/Sonic Championship was the best game SEGA EVER MADE!!! Why don't they make anymore games like this!? Anyway I like the arcade version of this game. Not the Gamecube version.

_Manic_ said:
This game was better than Sonic Battle is. I also wish they had made Rocket Metal, Eggman, and such playable or bosses. Also, has anyone noticed the black spot in Knuckles's right eye before? I think it's both eyes, but it always seemed to bother me.

Both games are good in their own right. I have never played Sonic the Fighters (and don't ask me to. I suck at button-mash brawlers), but it is certainly different to Sonic Battle. Sonic Battle, however, is a poorly-disguised real-time RPG with elements of Yu-Gi-Oh (the cards), Diablo II (the whacked out higher-level difficulty and enemies that pile on you like flies to rotted pie), and Sonic the Hedgehog (Only one truly NEW character and he was actually killed off for the story. Bravo, Dimps or whoever was behind the game in all actuality).

I'm thinking about making a sonic the fighters mod pack...but the attacking frames...and since the wiki is down I have no clue how to make a level in XWE or doom itself...I'm gonna need a lot of help. But anyway back on subject. They also have a PC version of sonic the fighters. I think there might be an already hacked version of sonic the fighters, or one with honeys data on it.

It's awesome. I love playing as the removed/non-player characters. It's kind of funny fighting with Eggman's UFO.
Also, Spark, the hacked version doesn't really add any data. What it does is add charaters to the select screen. Honey's data is already in.

Sky Ninja said:
It's awesome. I love playing as the removed/non-player characters. It's kind of funny fighting with Eggman's UFO.
Also, Spark, the hacked version doesn't really add any data. What it does is add charaters to the select screen. Honey's data is already in.
If I'm not mistaken all of the hacked characters data is removed in gems collection right? Oh well.

Off Topic (sorta): My spriting skills are bad, so I'm retiring from srb2 for a few months or so to work on my skills and the mod pack.

On Topic: Fang the sniper and Nack the weasal are the same person right? Fang just has a different name in the fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back