.mp3 song not working in my WAD

I'm making a level right now and I opened the level WAD in Slade. I read on the wiki that to put in custom music, just drag and drop it into your WAD, so I did that. It was recognized by SLADE, because it showed up after I placed it there and it let me listen to it. However, when I open Zonebuilder and test my level, the music isn't playing. Did I do something wrong?

You did set the music in the level header right? So, say, if the .mp3 is called O_LVLXP, then then the level header needs a line which says "Music = LVLXP"

Also, make sure that the music is named right, as that might be another reason why.

You did set the music in the level header right? So, say, if the .mp3 is called O_LVLXP, then then the level header needs a line which says "Music = LVLXP"

Also, make sure that the music is named right, as that might be another reason why.

Cool, I found a Slade custom music tutorial and it seems that I need to open my wad, click “new entry” and enter my level name there (I’m guessing I’ll follow the O_LVLxx format), and then I’ll input my .mp3 song. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Actually, you'd be more looking at O_MAPxxM if you don't want to add it to the SOC file, but yeah.

All I had to do was enter a name in Slade (open the wad, click “new entry”, enter the song name to be used in game following O_MAPxxM, and then right click on the entry and click “import” to add your music file to it). I guess I‘ll specify it in the level header too just to be sure it works all the time. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back