Chao world on SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky

Kay
I made this thread because I have a question.

It is possible to make some kind of chao world in SRB2??

If it is, please tell me how. And if it isn't, well, too bad.

It has been done two times (As far as I know). One correctly. The other one, ugly.

The Good:
SF94-CITY had a Chao Garden where the Chao's had animations, they were pushable and they react when you use Shadow's Chaos Blast on them.

The Ugly
The Sonic Adventure 2 Battle wad. had a unlockable called Chao Garden. The Chaos' were all slightly darker, the garden is surrounded by water and if you put one foot at the bottom of the water surrounding it, your dead, no animations on Chaos' and the inly pushable object was that beachball.

The only way you'll get a 'good one' (and by good I mean accurate) is if you devote a lot of time into EXE modding, and even then, I don't really think many people focued on Chao raising in SA2. Well I didn't anyway.

Havin Chao garden on SRB2 i stupid, there's no way in hell someone could ever make a wad relativeley as accurate as the actual thing, there were over 138 2nd Evolution "Defined" Chao forms, plus, SRB2 doesn't have any collectables that can be given to Chao.

Not Stupid - Hard

Sonnarkku said - Havin Chao garden on SRB2 is stupid
Not stupid, just hard. The amount of EXE programming and dedication required would make it a lengthy endeavor, one that I wouldn't even like lol. But if you did decide to do it, I recommend going into it knowing that you have to get the details right. Make sure you keep to true to the original "Chao World". But I'd also throw in some of your own ideas if I were you. Be original, yet creative. And you can make your own collectables using the items already present in SRB2, and SOC's. Animations could be trickier, but they are worth it. As far as sound, don't copy some canned sounds/ringtones off the internet - make your own. The more work you put into this, the better it can be. Glad to see someone who isn't afraid to ask questions, or try something new.

larztard said - SF94-CITY had a Chao Garden where the Chao's had animations, they were pushable and they react when you use Shadow's Chaos Blast on them.
I don't remember this.. was it an exe groomed for this purpose specifically, or did it use in game perimeters (like the shoot ring function) to make them react? Like a nuke basically.

This is something i would really like to see also, and it's unfortunate to hear that it probably wont happen. I've been rummaging through the forums looking for a topic like this, never really realized how many people hate the Chao, I love them! Still play with them often as well.

SF94 and that wierd ass chao garden is blah blah blah
You do realize that both Chao Gardens are not really chao gardens. A real chao garden would let you breed armies of crystal baby chaos. These chao gardens, however, only promotes child abuse.

This is something i would really like to see also, and it's unfortunate to hear that it probably wont happen. I've been rummaging through the forums looking for a topic like this, never really realized how many people hate the Chao, I love them! Still play with them often as well.

I totally agree.

I highly doubt we will ever get a "correctly" created Chao World or Chao Garden on Sonic Robo Blast 2 because the type of Chao gardens we liked from Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 wouldn't work at all on SRB2. Just a little reminder Sonic Robo Blast 2 is suppose to be based off of the Classic Genesis games not the Dream Cast and Game Cube Sonic games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back