Gravity (?) in Mac 2.2.4?

Not sure what's going on here, at first I thought it was my imagination.

After updating to 2.2.4 and trying out the 3D models (hooray!) it seems like the gravity (I think?) in the same is messed up? Whether I gave GL Mode on or not, there's a far heavier weight to the characters.

For example - going up a small slope (in CEZ 1) is impossible without dashing. Metal Sonic race in BC1 seems totally impossible.

I've deleted config to reset my settings but it's still doing it.

Happy to share GIFs of play or screenshots of my folders if that helps identifying the issue any easier. I am baffled.

GIFs of the effect in question might be helpful. Which OS version do you use?

Here's a 2.2.3 build we tested to figure out the setup for the 2.2.4 release. Does the effect occur here as well?

mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

Okay I tried 2.2.3 and it is the same issue. I keep thinking it must be some setting that I'm missing. I don't know.

The gravity wasn't like this in 2.2.0. I don't think it was like that in 2.2.4 before I put the 3D models in. But now it's like that regardless of whether OpenGL / models are on or not.

I tried deleting just config, which reset options/preferences but didn't solve this odd gravity/weight quirk. Maybe delete every SRB2 file and start fresh?

You can see what I mean here, even moving up small slopes is impossible. It's something with the forward axis but I don't know what

D5pCHRb.gif

OAK5W75.png

Thanks in advance for help troubleshooting.

Are your controls still bogged down if you use a keyboard to move? The Mac version currently supports OSX 10.9 and above, so it's possible that some newer SDL2 functionality is unsupported when building for such an old OS version, which could include certain kinds of joysticks.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot—the deadzone options were added in 2.2.1, and some Windows users experienced controller troubles too. Try playing around with those two settings and see if you can get it to make a difference?

Last edited:
Keyboards worked like normal, yeah it must be a controller thing I suppose. Nintendo Switch Pro gamepad on Mac was not working, switching to PS4 and it did work although for some reason the camera was only working on the R stick if assigned to Z axis but whatever.

Now it's working properly and it is such a leap from 2.2.0 (including the 3D models) I think I need to maybe give the full campaign another go... I didn't like the Simple controls at first but now that I realize the controller was bugging out the whole time, they're actually... really great. Going to give that a longer try.

Thanks for helping me through Lach!

No worries! IIRC Switch controllers seem to be a problem point for the game across the board so it might not be specific to Mac. Hope you enjoy your campaign runs!

Try connecting your Switch controller to Steam and then launching SRB2 through Steam. Whatever Steam does when setting up a Switch controller has fixed problems for me on multiple occasions.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back