This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
HOSTMOD V7 released. Some notes going forward:

- All commands have changed, consistently namespaced under "hm_" with shorter names. ALL SERVER CONFIGS WILL BE BROKEN UNTIL YOU UPDATE THESE.
- SPB Attack is no longer distributed with HOSTMOD, since the file limit has been significantly relaxed and it's no longer required. This shaves a few MB off the script, reducing it to nearly zero size—most of it was SPB Attack's custom result music. A standalone download is available instead.
- Too many new features to list. Seriously, read the command reference.
- Some defunct features removed.
- Clients can now auto-load their HOSTMOD settings (like clan tags and autoaccel!) with hostmod.cfg.

Last edited:
I've always wanted autoaccel in this game. My hands suck so not having to put constant pressure on accelerate is immensely helpful. I suppose there's the lost utility of releasing accel during drifts but that's minor enough in comparison to the benefit this provides for me to not really care about it.

I suppose there's the lost utility of releasing accel during drifts but that's minor enough in comparison to the benefit this provides for me to not really care about it.
That's sort of where I'm at with it, yeah. In the future, I'd like to add a "hold accel to release accel" behavior, maybe optionally, but I spent a long time trying to find a way that was both technically possible and felt natural. In the end, I wanted to get a release out instead of letting perfect be the enemy of good.

I'm glad someone else with shitty hands gets me, though. ♥

Last edited:
HOSTMOD V8 released.
- Scoreboard now supports Battle mode, including eliminated players.
- Fixed a rare error print when the target of a votekick left before being kicked.
- Votes now treat "no vote" as "no" by default. Use hm_vote_allowidc On to restore the old behavior. This should fix situations where malicious votes require a response to be prevented.

HOSTMOD V9 released.
- Fixed an issue where attempted votekicks would explode and error out.
- Fixed an issue where chooseweighted didn't, uh, actually work under any circumstances. Whoops.
- hm_scoreboard now discloses Frantic Items and all KartMP 1.3 properties.
- hm_scoreboard now correctly colors players under the effects of Invincibility and Grow.
- When players are alone on a server, they'll be notified with a distinct sound when someone else joins. This should help for seeding netgames on empty servers, since you don't have to actively be watching the window to catch a drive-by join.

Last edited:
HOSTMOD V10 released. IT MIGHT FIX SHRINKFAIL?!

Use hm_saferockets to resolve sync issues related to stripped Rocket Sneakers, causing explosions and Shrink to sometimes trigger a syncbomb. This makes no gameplay changes, only visual changes.
Use hm_safemines to make trailed mines intangible until they're thrown, resolving a rarer source of desync (though this does make gameplay changes).

This release owes a lot to Ashnal, who is responsible for originally pinning down these issues (and a hardcode patch that could potentially resolve them in future versions), and the testers that joined my impromptu test games. A Lua mitigation can hopefully patch up the holes while we're waiting.

I can't promise this'll be perfect—sync issues are hard to pin down—but between my testing and Ashnal's, these mitigations seem to drastically improve stability. Let me know how things go!

Last edited:
Restat seems to have a bug where the new stats don't always apply. It usually happens the first time I join a server, but here it happened even during a later race.
opKhr3n.png

Restat's control flow is a little wacky because of the old hacks required for replay compatibility. Replay fixes dropped in 1.2 and removed the need for most of them, so it's a little overdue for a revisit—I'll try to tackle this in the next release. Thanks for confirming that this is still happening.

HOSTMOD V11 released.
- New features, hm_cooldownfix_indirect and hm_cooldownfix_hyudoro, resolve base game bugs where only one Hyudoro or Shrink/SPB can be rolled per race.
- Probably fixed some weird behavior where Restat wouldn't apply your stat changes.

hm_scoreboard_addmod doesn't seem to be working correctly. It doesn't work if used in kartserv.cfg but works when used ingame with the console.

Last edited:
hm_scoreboard_addmod doesn't seem to be working correctly. It doesn't work if used in kartserv.cfg but works when used ingame with the console.
It seems to work on my end, and I can't fix what I can't test. Other hosts seem to report it working alright as well.

My gut says this is an issue with your setup, though if you can put together a trivial test case I can take a second look.

//Server info
servername "testing"
maxplayers 12

wait 10

//Settings
kartspeed hard
kartvoterulechanges Frequent
karteliminatelast On

wait 10

//Network
downloading On
http_source "https://hyuu.cc/repo"

wait 10

//KartMP
kmp_bumpspark On
kmp_hardsneakers On
kmp_extendflashtics On
kmp_slowspinout On
kmp_floatingitemfuse On
kmp_itemlimiter On
kmp_orbitlimit On
kmp_hyudoro On
kmp_orbinautfuse On
kmp_growthbump On
kmp_haste On
kmp_respawnpoints On
kmp_shrinkcleanse On
kmp_shrinkduration On
kmp_battleaccel On

wait 10

//Hostmod BUGFIXES
hm_cooldownfix_indirect On
hm_cooldownfix_hyudoro On
hm_saferockets On
hm_safemines Off

//Hostmod Battle
hm_timelimit "600"
hm_bail "On"

//Hostmod Vote
hm_votable "exitlevel"

//Hostmod MOTD
hm_motd ON
hm_motd_nag Off
hm_motd_bg "white"
hm_motd_name "testing"
hm_motd_tagline "Welcome"

//Hostmod Restat
hm_restat On
hm_restat_notify On

//Hostmod Scoreboard
hm_scoreboard On
hm_scoreboard_humor On
hm_scoreboard_addline "Write rtv to change maps!"
hm_scoreboard_addmod "test1"

//Hostmod Autoaccel
hm_autoaccel On

hm_scoreboard_addmod "test2"
wait 10

hm_scoreboard_addmod "test3"
//Start with a random map
alias ~rand "inttime 0; advancemap Random; exitlevel; wait 5; inttime 10; advancemap Vote"
~rand
hm_scoreboard_addmod "test4"
wait 10

hm_scoreboard_addmod "test5"

I did some testing and with this config only test3, 4 and 5 works.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a differente issue, hm_scoreboard_addline seems isnt support many lines, its offen allow/support 2 lines, sometimes allow 4 or 5 lines exactly same text

sshot-1605.png

sshot-1606.png

hm_motd "On"
hm_motd_name "ƒ[LATAM] ‚InsertCoin"
hm_motd_contact "Gaudy#4316"
hm_restat "On"
hm_restat_notify "On"
hm_powersound "On"
hm_saferockets "On"
hm_safemines "On"
hm_cooldownfix_indirect "On"
hm_cooldownfix_hyudoro "On"

kmp_bumpspark "On"
kmp_extendflashtics "On"
kmp_slowspinout "On"
kmp_floatingitemfuse "On"
kmp_itemlimiter "On"
kmp_hyudoro "On"
kmp_orbinautfuse "On"
kmp_growthbump "On"

http_source hyuu.cc/repo
elimination 0
hornobnoxious 0

hm_scoreboard "On"
hm_scoreboard_addline "‚Map Packs:"
hm_scoreboard_addline "Chengi's TA Pack"
hm_scoreboard_addline "Nightmare Pack"
hm_scoreboard_addline "Fickle Hearts"
hm_scoreboard_addline "Record Attack-Extended"

Last edited:
I did some testing and with this config only test3, 4 and 5 works.
Cannot reproduce, the provided config shows all 5 added lines for me.

Hi, I have a differente problem, hm_scoreboard_addline seems isnt support many lines, its offen allow/support 2 lines, sometimes allow 4 or 5 lines exactly same text
Add waits. This is not a HOSTMOD issue—the game limits how much information can be passed through a config or a command at one time.

it would be a neat feature to add a vote command that let's you repeat the same map, for the salty runbacks

HOSTMOD V12 released.

- Fixed a manually triggerable syncfail. Whoops. (This is left intentionally vague to make sure people don't grief servers on v11.)
- hm_cannon replaced with hm_namefilter. This will now check names periodically, instead of only when a player joins, so the command's been updated to make sure no one's cannon lists go haywire.
- hm_scoreboard now displays more information about spectating players, displaying "WAIT" when they're waiting to join...and "RAGE" if they're affected by hm_specbomb midrace.
- hm_scoreboard now handles glitched "ghost" players slightly better.
- hm_scoreboard no longer displays incorrect Lap Count and Game Speed info during Battle.
- hm_scoreboard now automatically discloses the Hyudoro and Indirect Item cooldown fixes, since these substantially change item play. (I still recommend you turn them on!)
- Added an ironman variant, "jironman", which will only select community characters—e.g. characters not in the base game or bonuschars.
- Fixed active votes not playing sound cues during a race.
- The "rtv" alias for "vote exitlevel" now correctly casts a Yes vote if a vote is already ongoing. As a result, the message is now hidden from chat.
- Added "restartlevel" and "randommap" commands that do exactly what they say on the box.
- Added hm_automate. When On, this will call "hm_roundstart" at the start of each round, "hm_intermissionstart" at the start of intermission, and "hm_votestart" at the start of voting. None of these commands do anything by default; you can alias them in your kartserv.cfg for whatever misc. automation purposes you like.

HOSTMOD V13 released.

- Removed hm_safeitems, hm_saferockets, hm_cooldownfix_indirect, and hm_cooldownfix_hyudoro: these bugs are fixed in the base game as of 1.3!
- Fixed a bug where hm_namefilter would accidentally ignore basically everything. Sorry about that one.
- Added Eldog's "Map Rule" module, allowing hosts to specify commands to be run on certain maps. hm_maprule_add to get started.
- Added "votespec", for people who really don't care what map comes up next. Use the command to toggle automatic spectating during voting.

(Idiot hotfix: v13-toppath fixes some incorrect help text in the Map Rule module.)

Last edited:
HOSTMOD V14 released.

- Player configs are now loaded from the "luafiles" directory using 1.2's I/O support. This should resolve issues with file search stalling, and should mitigate some issues where players with slow storage would time out immediately after connecting to a server. I still recommend setting nettimeout MAX to give slow clients as much time as possible, as timeouts have a lot of contributing factors and there seem to be no negative side effects.
- HOSTMOD now creates stub configs for HORNMOD and FRIENDMOD. The addons will do this themselves on their latest versions, but this is intended as a small mitigation if hosts don't update.
- Resolved an issue where votes would error if all players were spectating when they resolved.
- Added a console alias, "votekick", for "vote kick". This was supposed to already exist but I guess it didn't. Whoops.
- Added the "playsound" command for use in scheduled or automated commands; try something like "playsound itrolk".

You may also want to check out the HORNMOD and FRIENDMOD threads, if you host those, for updates to support I/O.

EDIT: Uploaded v14-2 to resolve an issue where Discord integration (currently not ready for release) defaulted to on, and work around a base game bug where certain dedicated servers running 1.3 would freak out at the new config system (please run your servers on master, LOL). Sorry for the trouble—I don't want to give people a reason to distrust HOSTMOD updates, and in the future I'll probably be looking at new source control and release processes to make doubly sure stuff that isn't ready doesn't get into release.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back