Won't Fix ACZ1 Cannot be completed by Characters without Spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenLake

To be more specific, it cannot be completed by characters that lack a spin, and that have no ability to break the planks covering the springs for the alternative path.

Thankfully, I do have a solution for the next patch, which is to add a vertical yellow spring at -1984, -15488, 2432. This allows for the player to use the whirlwind at the start of the level to get onto the roof, and then to use the spring to proceed to the upper ledge.

To show this fix, I have provided a gif in the attachments.

Attachments

• srb20016.gif
    srb20016.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't look like a bug, honestly.

It was hard enough designing the campaign for the new additions, and this violates the pathsplit route defined by the planks; assuming STJr need to be responsible for every modded character being capable of beating the stage, even ones without a vertical breakage ability, is probably a bridge too far.

If you want your no-spin characters to be able to complete the campaign, then you need to give them the ability to either shrink their height or destroy hard-bustable floors.

SRB2's levels were never made to be completable by *any* character other than the ones included in SRB2 itself, even before 2.2. The addition of certain secrets in the game has not changed this policy of ours. =P

If you want your no-spin characters to be able to complete the campaign, then you need to give them the ability to either shrink their height or destroy hard-bustable floors.

Okay, I'm curious, because I have no idea: how would shrinking help on this level? I could see it helping in ERZ1, but not ACZ1.
Edit: doing some experimenting, being able to shift to scale 0.5 does allow you to use the red spring under the brittle boards. However, this isn't due to a change in height, but a change in radius.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back