Ambient Sound Loopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
Hey guys I was wondering, how do you make an ambient sound loop? Something to note, this is not an Ambient thing like Water Ambience. I'm trying to add ambience to some things already in SRB2.

There's probably a number of ways to do that larztard, but unfortunately most not quite that simple I'd imagine.

Best idea I've come up with for this problem is spawning an extra object that follows the thing purely to do all the ambient sound business for it, but that might not be ideal for some things I'd imagine. =S

I see what your are saying. Make another thing play the ambience for the item, correct? If so, is there a way to make the thing disappear when the item is picked up by the player?

I'd just put A_PlaySound in there and set it to loop to itself, and the state would last as long as the sound. Considering the "collection" part is most-likely hardcoded, I'm sure they wouldn't cause problems by conflicting.

I'd just put A_PlaySound in there and set it to loop to itself, and the state would last as long as the sound. Considering the "collection" part is most-likely hardcoded, I'm sure they wouldn't cause problems by conflicting.

For the object itself or for the new ambeint thing?

Assuming that object sets the item as its target or tracer you could easily just use A_CheckBuddy for that. Removes the actor if its target is gone or dead.

Not to sound like a noob or anything but how do I do that? Do I open up NotePad and add that through NotePad? I am kinda new to soccing. I'm sorta know the basic structure of soc making but not the advanced stuff.

EDIT 1/29/14 4:55 PM EST: Alright so I had just made the separate ambient thing and I see where you can add the A_CheckBuddy action. Which thing to add it to though is the question. To the item or to the ambient thing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back