NiGHTS Special Stage Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they would make for a very good hazard. You need a certain degree of maneuverability to avoid them, and NiGHTS only lets you move on a 2D axis.

Oh no... I thought that Nights was going to be taken out of Srb2, NOT added into it... D:
This will make me stop playing Srb2 forever... I hate Nights. I have never played the original game, nor will I ever, not in the near future at least... D:
First rail rings, now more Nights, what next?
Edit:
Okay, maybe I am being a little too retarded here... :/

Last edited:
Oh no... I thought that Nights was going to be taken out of Srb2, NOT added into it... D:
This will make me stop playing Srb2 forever... I hate Nights. I have never played the original game, nor will I ever, not in the near future at least... D:
First rail rings, now more Nights, what next?
Edit:
Okay, maybe I am being a little too retarded here... :/

If you honestly think NiGHTS special stages, which were planned near the start, and were generally anticipated, with the NiGHTS unlockable actually being quite well liked, is enough to stop playing forever... Then I doubt you will be missed.

Personally, as the guy who designed them, I think they're kinda boring. For the most part they just consist of running around grabbing rings in patterns. For the later ones I put in a few interesting gimmicks, but the basic repetition is still there.

I'm surprised nobody actually thought about making a linear special stage, like a standard single player level where you keep moving forward, except you have to collect rings and be quick on your feet. The most anyone's ever explored a special stage scenario different from the standard symmetrical box with rings was FuriousFox's progressively-expanding arenas in Acid Missile.

I'm surprised nobody actually thought about making a linear special stage, like a standard single player level where you keep moving forward, except you have to collect rings and be quick on your feet. The most anyone's ever explored a special stage scenario different from the standard symmetrical box with rings was FuriousFox's progressively-expanding arenas in Acid Missile.
Sure nobody has thought about it?

No, it was never released. I vaguely remember some comments from Inuyasha that he scrapped them but no guarantees on that. ZarroTsu is currently making something similar to that though, except without any coding.

Last edited:
Going back to the Nights special stages for a minute, starting from Sonic 2, the special thing about special stages was that it put you in a 3D perspective that contrasted the sidescrolling nature of the main game. How fitting that in a 3D adaptation of the classic series, the special stages contrast the main gameplay by being in 2D.

If you go even further, remember those one-off moments in Sonic 2 and 3 where Sonic is rotating around a 3D tunnel or ramp of some sort just for graphical flair? Well the 2D sections in Egg Rock are just about as pointless, so SRB2 is definitely on the same page!

I played Inuyasha's version a while back, and it's really quite obvious why it was scrapped: the controls just didn't feel right, and anything longer than the demonstrated video causes huge renderer problems, even despite the fact that it's pulling an ERZ3 and the entire thing is shrunken down.

special stages

I'm surprised nobody actually thought about making a linear special stage, like a standard single player level where you keep moving forward, except you have to collect rings and be quick on your feet.
Hmm, this gave me an idea that you could make it to where you collect rings like you said in regular 3-D, then at one point, you switch to 2-D and collect rings in a pattern similar to project cyan, you jump on platforms for rings, and if you fall, you get on lower platforms with less rings to collect.

Anyways, NiGHTS special stages are coming. This will definitely make special stages less monotonous and more unique and exciting. I have a question, will the last few stages be relatively longer than the previous ones?

Last edited:
omg, this is so exciting, i really love nights, and i'm really happy with this, but i have a question, if slumber track and spring hill will be special stages, what will happen with sonic into dreams in the unlocable list?

Mystic has hinted on numerous occasions that Spring Hill will be staying and that there will be "more", whatever "more" is. Make of that what you will, maybe Sonic Into Dreams will become a pack of several levels.

A pack of several levels? if that is true, i will blow up of happyness, anyways this is a very cool update for the normal special stages, they are very hard and very dizzy, because every thing is with the same colour @.@

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back