Sepwich is dead, long live Sepwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpshade

Usually lurks somewhere.
It's being taken down.
Okay,

Sepwich is going to be gone in the next month or so since the one person who used it heavily migrated his data and I no longer need to have the site up for my personal use, so any stuff on here that you need you should move off while you can. I don't have any contact info for anyone who still uses the site so if you know anyone who still uses it, you shold let them know also.
So, yeah. Get your stuff off there before it disappears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh...poop....

Where did you see this posted?

Last edited:
Man, that sounds bad. Talk about going back to the Site Scrapyard...

But then again, it's not too late yet to do an April Fools Joke, so you never know.

Why would that be a joke? I would do it too if it is hardly used and not worth the effort to spend the money for it.

Last edited:
Hopefully those of you that have things on Sepwich have backed up everything important, because it's gone. Considering how long this forum used to be on there before we got our server, it kinda feels like the end of an era.

This means, among other things, that all OLDC packs are gone. To anyone who has access to http://www.srb2.org/contest, please upload them there. I can supply all of these if you need them.

And Mystic, you should get yourself access to this directory so you can upload the new contest packs there too. It's nice to have everything in one place.

Augh! Why didn't anybody tell me this? I seriously used my Sepwich so much it was like an extension of my body, and now all the stuff I had on there is gone and I have to reupload it all (providing I can find everything) to mediafire/photobucket or something.

Not. Happy. >_>

Last edited:
Not to mention re uploading any stuff that was hosted on the srb2 wiki by Rob/Darkwarrior's sepwich. The main thing being the XWE download.

... No need to complain guys, this topic's been here for quite a while. If you didn't do take stuff out, it's your fault.

... No need to complain guys, this topic's been here for quite a while. If you didn't do take stuff out, it's your fault.
You're implying that all Sepwich users browse these forums regularly. I can assure you that this is not the case.

All contest packs starting with July/August 2006 have now been uploaded to http://www.srb2.org/contest. The rest - more precisely, the packs before that date that haven't been lost - will follow soon.

It also seems that the special XWE capable of lowercase lump names was also hosted on Sepwich. Is there a mirror anywhere?

No, there isn't. But I'm pretty sure than somebody in this place has that beta version and can supply it so we can repackage and reupload it.

No, there isn't. But I'm pretty sure than somebody in this place has that beta version and can supply it so we can repackage and reupload it.

I think I still have that version which has the fix for the Purple part of the palette if I recall... oh and it also allows lowercase.

(It's where Purple was mistakenly classed as Cyan, which... makes that color disappear, not sure if it's that beta version, really.)

I recall getting it off the wiki, so... it might be it. I was going to delete it after trying out Slade, so I suppose it's a good thing I didn't.

Last edited:
All available contest packs uploaded. What's missing is:

• March/April 2005 Single Player
  • March/April 2005 Multiplayer
  • May/June 2005 Single Player
  • July/August 2005 Single Player
  • November/December 2005 Single Player
  • March/April 2006 Single Player
  • May/June 2006 Single Player
It's not very likely that anybody still has them, but in the odd events that they're lying around on your hard drive, by all means send me a PM.

There's probably a lot of other SRB2-related stuff that we should re-upload, most notably the XWE download (I'm looking into it, but we need to organize a spot where it can be hosted, preferably somewhere on srb2.org) and the old WAD section of the old website (which includes a lot of old gems). Not to forget the downloads for some old popular addons (SRB2 Riders, SRB2JTE, Blue Heaven, SPMoves, ShufflarB2 etc).

The XWE download should be working again, I put it on my Dropbox until someone else can give it a permanent home. :P

Do you even know who I am? I stopped hanging around this community years ago, before the forums switched over to vBulletin in fact. I still keep in contact with some people from here, but nobody thought to tell me about sepwich going down, so how was I supposed to know?

Also, for the love of all that is blue and blurry, do NOT make a mirror of SRB2JTE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back