Resource icon

[Open Assets] Duos (v1.0.2) - Quick Skin Swapping!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
What does it do? It lets you switch between two characters very quickly in Single Player and Multiplayer.

By simply pressing Toss Flag, you'll switch from the main character to the sub character.

It also saves the skin color of your other character.

The character skins can be changed by typing "mainchar" or "subchar" into the console, followed by the name of the skin.
Example: "mainchar amy" sets the main character to Amy.

Credits: FuriousFox for BotSkin, and the generous people of the SRB2 Discord for scripting help and testing.

Version 1.0: First Release
Version 1.0.1: Fixed Super/NiGHTs Mode Colors
Version 1.0.2: Splitscreen Support (Not Bots)

If you're not familiar with Duos, it was originally a mod using the Sonic Heroes' team swapping Lua.

Well now, it's all my own code! (Except for the Console stuff, that's from BotSkin)

Attachments

• srb20015.gif
    srb20015.gif
    2 MB · Views: 1,995
  • srb20016.gif
    srb20016.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,894
  • L_Duos-v1.lua
    3.2 KB · Views: 634
  • L_Duos-v1.0.1.lua
    3.4 KB · Views: 518
  • L_Duos-v1.0.2.lua
    4.3 KB · Views: 2,050
Last edited:
well this is neat, I had some goofing around with this and bringing characters onto paths they shouldn't be able to reach. To releases.

nice this was really fun to use if there was rating i would rate this 10

i think there is a rating, top right

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

im gonna look into the code and see if i can reverse engineer it to work both ways like the triple trouble 16 bit switch cuz itd be cool

i think there is a rating, top right

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

im gonna look into the code and see if i can reverse engineer it to work both ways like the triple trouble 16 bit switch cuz itd be cool
BRUH!
I was thinking the same thing! Except the reverse engineering part1

This is quite the amazing Lua addon! Real fun mixing and matching different duos.

My only nitpick really is the sounds used for it. Given that it reminds me so much of Sonic Mania Encore mode, I expected those sounds rather than what we got.

Still really good function wise tho.

Nice, When I was playing as sonic and tails and switched to tails, there was the original tails following me.
Intended. It doesn't do anything to the bot character.
ΩSmashCrafterΩ;840244 said:
This is quite the amazing Lua addon! Real fun mixing and matching different duos.

My only nitpick really is the sounds used for it. Given that it reminds me so much of Sonic Mania Encore mode, I expected those sounds rather than what we got.

Still really good function wise tho.
Didn't want to copy off of the Encore Mode mod too much.

Didn't want to copy off of the Encore Mode mod too much.

I was thinking that...

Though the lua itself is brilliant to mess around with the characters and the combinations are infinite, for example trying to combine a slow character (suitable for exploration) and a fast one (who has some curious mechanics)

This is a very interesting mod that has tons of potential, it's a bit janky in some areas tho.

It reminds alot of Sonic and Knuckles + but just with infinite character combinations.

There is one big problem with it tho and it's super forms.

So if you so to say play as Sonic go Super and then swap to Tails, you won't be super anymore. (and this is with using super.lua btw)

And a even weirder part is that if you play as Tails go super and then swap to Sonic, you'll be Super Sonic but when swap back you won't be super anymore and Tails is incapable of going super anymore.

I tried this with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. One of times Tails was main and Knuxs was sub but for some reason the same thing happened.

Tails became super, swapped to Knuckles then when swapping back he can't go super anymore. (Knuckles still could go super tho)

My solution for this problem is to 1. have compatibility with super.lua and 2. for any char that doesn't have a super form just give them a invincibility shield and speed boost.

That do something like the dooms day challenge and activate their unaccessible super form.

What does it do? It lets you switch between two characters very quickly in Single Player and Multiplayer.

By simply pressing Toss Flag, you'll switch from the main character to the sub character.

It also saves the skin color of your other character.

The character skins can be changed by typing "mainchar" or "subchar" into the console, followed by the name of the skin.
Example: "mainchar amy" sets the main character to Amy.

Credits: FuriousFox for BotSkin, and the generous people of the SRB2 Discord for scripting help and testing.

Version 1.0: First Release
Version 1.0.1: Fixed Super/NiGHTs Mode Colors
Version 1.0.2: Splitscreen Support (Not Bots)

If you're not familiar with Duos, it was originally a mod using the Sonic Heroes' team swapping Lua.

Well now, it's all my own code! (Except for the Console stuff, that's from BotSkin)
But isn't there autoexec.cfg?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back