The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the only post that makes me feel as though rating posts SHOULD be on this board, cause then I'd be giving you tonnes of zings.

I started watching Friendship is Magic out of curiosity and I only lasted about 2 minutes in. If there's something appealing about this show I just don't see it. Don't think I'm close-minded; PPG can be entertaining in my opinion. But this was just... Boring to me.

Also, the manliest thing possible is doing something totally unmanly and not letting it threaten your manhood.

You just stole the words out of my mouth. If I can watch My Little Pony, and not worry about being gay, even my friends may mock them, good for me. I know I'm not gay, and that's enough for me.
Actually no, I haven't even tried watching it, but that is honestly just a matter of priorities getting in the way.

Speaking of such, My mom teaches a sowing class at an extracurricular homeschooling activity we go to every other week. As you might expect, she has to lug a sowing machine, basket, and ironing board to the building and back every time. One week, I was helping her, by carrying her stuff out to the van, when I ran into one of the younger girls there, who's a bit of a punk. She immediately said, "Oh, that's REALLY manly of you, Wesley, carrying a flowered sowing basket and an ironing board!"
I responded by telling her, "You know what? It is in fact manly, it just so happens I'm being a gentleman and carrying out the heavy stuff for my mother and sister!"

Manliness isn't defined by what we watch or play. It is defined by the way we treat others, whether we build them up or pull them down, by the way we treat ourselves, whether we are self centered or not, and by the way we treat hardships, whether we "take it like a man and deal with it" or in anger blow up at everyone around us.

*sewing

*gets arrested for theft*
Exactly, Charybdizs. I love throwing that argument into someone's face.

Also, holy hell you have the same name as my father, half-brother, and nephew. :O

I've since watched all the episodes released so far. This show is great, smoothly animated, witty and able to constantly surprise me with references that the target audience may not get. (Such as a single line of a character sounding like Gollum or a benny hill chase sequence, complete with a Scooby Doo door scene) The community is pleasant as well!

For Roy's list of "must watch" episodes, I would add "A dog and pony show" to that list as well. That episode was brilliant and made me guffaw heartily several times over.

Welp, just watched the pilot episodes.
D'oh, the action's already all over...
I wonder how will episode 3 be, derp. I'll watch it laturz...

That episode was one the best episodes I've seen so far(Only saw the first 5 and the one that came before this one).

Really, really good.

If anyone who doesn't get the HUB wants to see the marathon as it airs, I've got a stream running right here. They're airing the CMC episodes.

that was fun I guess

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8dBLlf3lo

Bam, new episode! Spike centric no less. This episode was fun, but when compared to episodes like 'Sonic Rainboom' and 'Feeling Pinkie Keen' it isn't as good. But hey, you can't win 'em all and this episode still had its highlights.

Evil dick dastardly Spike alone made the episode amazing.
2pos4t5.png

Ugh hard to keep up with these new episodes when your drawn back to old shows from your childhood XD

Eh the longer I wait, the better the marathon for me I always say. But I'm looking forward to this one, only because the moustache is back XD

I love it! And I've only seen the first episode.

One question though: Are they all women except the baby dragon? I kinda want to see a man pony as a love interest or something.

99.875% females. The only gentlecolts I've seen/heard of are Dr. Whoof and those dicks from the Flyer academy that mocked Rainbow Dash with "Rainbow Crash".

All of the primary recurring cast (with the exception of Spike) are female, although there are several recurring minor male characters (such as Big Mac and the fan nicknamed Dr. Whooves) and one shot male characters (The fashion critic in 'Art of the dress' and the diamond dogs) who appear in the show as well.

Course you can normally tell the difference from their mussels sometimes ((Most females have a round mussel, while males have flat))

Heh, I watched the first episode. I have to say, I was thoroughly entertained, in a good way. It had a silly yet cultured sort of humor, which is more than can be said for most cartoons now. Surprisingly, I didn't find the characters annoying, which is a big one up for them. Well, I take that back, Pinkie Pie drove me crazy. Heheh, Spike, on the other hand, is amazing. I'd gladly watch more of these, and perhaps introduce my little sister to them, but I'm a bit conflicted.

For the most part I'm just wary of the whole magic thing. I don't mind when they have their magical unicorn powers and stuff, it's just when they start getting into all the witchcrafty practices that I get skeptical. That stuff is real, dangerous, and not something to portray as entertainment in a child's cartoon. I have yet to see where they actually go with all of it though, so far it's been fine.

Agh, and what's this with Rainbow Dash being... A Lesbian? I heard something of the sort, is that a fact, or is it just internet hype?

Probably internet hype. The internet is filled with this sort of stuff if you haven't noticed. It is for kids remember.

I don't mind when they have their magical unicorn powers and stuff, it's just when they start getting into all the witchcrafty practices that I get skeptical. That stuff is real, dangerous, and not something to portray as entertainment in a child's cartoon.
Wait, are you saying that witchcraft is real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back